• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights Armament

Anybody heard this?
KAC LPR's from AR15.com https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Knights-LPR-uppers/381-297234/
Posted: 10/6/2020 8:28:58 PM EDT I just got an knights 18” LPR upper and noticed is has a 223 Wylde chamber 1:7 twist. When did the Krieger barrels start using the 223 Wylde chamber? My previous 2 lpr’s said 5.56 nato 1:7.
Yes it is. Mod 2 lpr. Says KBI 1:7 223 Wylde. I heard kac would be using other barrels in the future but I assume KBI is Krieger barrels inc.
Kac did confirm this is a Krieger barrel and appears to be a factory upper from a factory rifle.
Never since my arrival in 2008 has there been an LPR NOT chambered in 223 Wylde.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Anybody heard this?
KAC LPR's from AR15.com https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Knights-LPR-uppers/381-297234/
Posted: 10/6/2020 8:28:58 PM EDT I just got an knights 18” LPR upper and noticed is has a 223 Wylde chamber 1:7 twist. When did the Krieger barrels start using the 223 Wylde chamber? My previous 2 lpr’s said 5.56 nato 1:7.
Yes it is. Mod 2 lpr. Says KBI 1:7 223 Wylde. I heard kac would be using other barrels in the future but I assume KBI is Krieger barrels inc.
Kac did confirm this is a Krieger barrel and appears to be a factory upper from a factory rifle.
Never since my arrival in 2008 has there been an LPR NOT chambered in 223 Wylde.
I have a mod 1 lpr that has a kbi barrel and it only states 1-7 twist no mention of the chamber.
Could this be a replacement for the bad batch of barrels some have said Kac got from kreiger?

Someone who works there stated:
The later ones Model 2 are marked KBI 1:7 223 Wylde before are not.
Maybe someone from KAC can re-confirm this?

Did KAC use Okay metal mags with the white followers marked KAC shipped with new SR-15's?

Do you have any details on the other Secret Service KAC's with the monolithic looking handguard shown in pics on the last page?

If you're referring to the quick change SR16's, no-one has any information on those, KAC hasn't said anything publicly. It would be cool if they released the uppers for civilian sale, I can always use more KAC stuff!

If you're referring to the quick change SR16's, no-one has any information on those, KAC hasn't said anything publicly. It would be cool if they released the uppers for civilian sale, I can always use more KAC stuff!
The only thing I’ve heard on these is that product announcements would be forthcoming. That’s in KAC time so who knows when.

The only thing I’ve heard on these is that product announcements would be forthcoming. That’s in KAC time so who knows when.
Anyone wonder why it appears knights takes lmt tech and puts their spin on it and puts it to market. I know they are close but it has to eat market share from lmt.

Gonna be getting either a 11.5" or 14.5" Mod2 upper soon. Gonna be set up with a MAWL for night stuff and either an EXPS3-0 or an NX8. Anybody have an opinion if I should go shorter for weight and maneuverability or longer for the smoother gas system (edit: and extra real estate)? Not sure I really care about the extra velocity.

EDIT: I will be suppressing it

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Gonna be getting either a 11.5" or 14.5" Mod2 upper soon. Gonna be set up with a MAWL for night stuff and either an EXPS3-0 or an NX8. Anybody have an opinion if I should go shorter for weight and maneuverability or longer for the smoother gas system? Not sure I really care about the extra velocity.

I like the shorter guns, but 14.5” is probably a better choice if you don’t plan to suppress it. It’s gonna be a very practical rifle either way. here’s my 11.5”. FF RAS so it counts here :ROFLMAO:.

miw92bo.jpg

I like the shorter guns, but 14.5” is probably a better choice if you don’t plan to suppress it. It’s gonna be a very practical rifle either way. here’s my 11.5”. FF RAS so it counts here :ROFLMAO:.

miw92bo.jpg
Gonna be getting either a 11.5" or 14.5" Mod2 upper soon. Gonna be set up with a MAWL for night stuff and either an EXPS3-0 or an NX8. Anybody have an opinion if I should go shorter for weight and maneuverability or longer for the smoother gas system? Not sure I really care about the extra velocity.
I would go with the 14.5 also as you may want a little more real estate for illumination and such. It gets crowded in a hurry with night vision options on your gun.

I would go with the 14.5 also as you may want a little more real estate for illumination and such. It gets crowded in a hurry with night vision options on your gun.

Yea, the extra real estate might be really nice.

I do plan to suppress it, should have mentioned that as it is important!

Reactions: Jackalope
I have an 11.5" on orders with Kelly's and I am thinking of ordering another in 14.5". Plan on Selling my Geissele URG-I, so I'll need something to replace it.

Edit: Just put myself on the wait list for the 14.5"

Last edited:
Gonna be getting either a 11.5" or 14.5" Mod2 upper soon. Gonna be set up with a MAWL for night stuff and either an EXPS3-0 or an NX8. Anybody have an opinion if I should go shorter for weight and maneuverability or longer for the smoother gas system (edit: and extra real estate)? Not sure I really care about the extra velocity.

EDIT: I will be suppressing it
Always wanted a SR15 11.5, so that’s definitely my choice. Should still come out to a nice handy length with the can.

@Shooter McGavin why selling the URGI?

Would go 11.5” for sure then!
If you don’t care about velocity and don’t want to use a clip on, I’d get the shorter upper first and the longer upper later.
Always wanted a SR15 11.5, so that’s definitely my choice. Should still come out to a nice handy length with the can.

I'm definitely leaning 11.5" right now. The two things that have me second guessing the 11.5" are that 1) the extra real estate with the longer handguard might be nice, especially if I end up going with a DBAL instead of a MAWL which as I've been thinking about it seems more likely and 2) there is "special sauce" on the 14.5", the intermediate gas system rather than midlength, whereas the 11.5" is just a carbine gas system

Originally I was gonna go with an LMT MLC upper because monolithic sounds nice for an IR device, but it's even shorter (less rail space) than the URX4 handguard that comes on the 11.5" Mod2 upper.

The two uppers I use right now for night stuff and general serious use are a Geissele 16" super duty (15" Mk16 handguard; yes yes, I know about the bending issues) and a BCM 10.5" (9" handguard).

I'm definitely leaning 11.5" right now. The two things that have me second guessing the 11.5" are that 1) the extra real estate with the longer handguard might be nice, especially if I end up going with a DBAL instead of a MAWL which as I've been thinking about it seems more likely and 2) there is "special sauce" on the 14.5", the intermediate gas system rather than midlength, whereas the 11.5" is just a carbine gas system

Originally I was gonna go with an LMT MLC upper because monolithic sounds nice for an IR device, but it's even shorter (less rail space) than the URX4 handguard that comes on the 11.5" Mod2 upper.
Very true, and ultimately you should do what you feel is best. The intermediate length gas is the shit, I’m sure. But I’d still go with the 11.5, but then I’m biased as I’ve always really wanted a 11.5 SR15..
If it ends up being too short for you, I would then also get the 14.5 as @RyanScott said. And have a CQB style 11.5, and mini recce style 14.5...
You’d then pretty much have all bases covered for a gas gun carbine..

@Shooter McGavin why selling the URGI?
I have a Geissele rifle that I use more. The URGI I basically zeroed and now sits in the safe. My go to has always been my 11.5” BCM suppressed. Hopefully I get the 11.5” KAC and that will probably replace the BCM.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I have a mod 1 lpr that has a kbi barrel and it only states 1-7 twist no mention of the chamber.
Could this be a replacement for the bad batch of barrels some have said Kac got from kreiger?
Engravings have definitely changed/improved over the years..But the LPR has been a 223 Wylde for as long as I've been here. Every other 15/16 is a derivative which falls under the 556 x 45 spec umbrella..

Later

miw92bo.jpg

Nice looking paint job!! Who done it for you?

Reactions: Jackalope
Anyone know a good place to buy an SR15 or get on a waiting list besides Kelly enterprises? I emailed him asking a couple questions about his sr15s and he was extremely short and rude. When I said I’d take my money else where he was incredibly unprofessional. I won’t give my hard earned money to people who are direspectful for no reason when all I did was asking questions. Thanks in advance.

Anyone know a good place to buy an SR15 or get on a waiting list besides Kelly enterprises? I emailed him asking a couple questions about his sr15s and he was extremely short and rude. When I said I’d take my money else where he was incredibly unprofessional. I won’t give my hard earned money to people who are direspectful for no reason when all I did was asking questions. Thanks in advance.

Small arm sales. (Operation Parts) Chuck is a professional.

No point and wasting time with the Kelly Enterprises guy to save a couple bucks. Hes a total you know what..

I had a similar, though not as bad, experience with Kelly enterprises. Chuck doesn't seem like a people person...

I had a similar, though not as bad, experience with Kelly enterprises. Chuck doesn't seem like a people person...

Funny how they are both Chuck, both at Kelly and SmallArmSales.

Chuck at Small Arm Sales is GTG. The other, not so much of a people person. I doubt he has trouble selling rifles as many just want the absolute lowest price and deal with whatever comes with it.

Too bad Ayan isn't around any more at BoltCarrier. He was good to work with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkside3117
There was a very similar thread on one of the other AR forums about your exact experiences. Seems to be a recurring theme with them.

Reactions: Darkside3117
If you can actually find somewhere with 11.5in uppers in stock, lemme know. Ive been looking for quite awhile and haven't found one yet lol.

I get my Knights from Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL. Neal, and the others are all great people. Good pricing. I just picked up an SR-15 about 3 weeks ago but my wife has "acquired" it for her own. Guess I'll have to get another one.

Small arm sales. (Operation Parts) Chuck is a professional.

No point and wasting time with the Kelly Enterprises guy to save a couple bucks. Hes a total you know what..

Absolutely agree. Would never do business with him.

I get my Knights from Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL. Neal, and the others are all great people. Good pricing. I just picked up an SR-15 about 3 weeks ago but my wife has "acquired" it for her own. Guess I'll have to get another one.
Don’t you just love it when that happens. She hears darn it that was mine but inside you are thinking woohoo I get to buy two!

• Haha
Reactions: DustBun
I agree he can be short on emails and text but I have never found him to be rude. Guess I always picture a guy having to get his glasses out of his shirt pocket to read his phone and barely able to learn how to email and text.
If I find out it is a twenty something I guess I don’t give as much slack. Either way never bought from him due to timing and I can always find a better deal on gunbroker.