• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Konus OR Vortex Spotting Scope?

Re: Konus OR Vortex Spotting Scope?

I only have experience with the vortex but, as with all of vortex's products they are absolutely awsome for their price range, I have never found another in their price range with better quality...or even equal for that matter

hope that helped a little,

Steve

I have an inexpensive Celestron that I picked up used off of another member here. He was here local in Phoenix and I got a pretty good deal.

Optical clarity is not on par with spotting scopes that cost a grand but my scope didn't cost over $200 either. I have taken it to a couple NRA High power matches and suffice to say, I am very happy with its performance.

The CONUS Spot 80 or 100 are nice for the money. A little heavy, but nice.

1S1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mydangpleeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex OR Konus.

So which would be the better "budget" spotting scope to get? Anyone have personal experience with both? </div></div>

I've got the Vortex razor 20x60 85mm great scope! Was at the range on Sunday had a guy look though it and wanted to trade me his Swarvoski for it. No way..

I should have made it slightly clearer....I'm deciding between the Vortex available thru cameralandny: VORTEX LINK
and the Konus available thru jarhead: KONUS LINK

Pricewise, it's a wash so I was wondering which of the two would be the better buy.

the Vortex product are alway good performers for the$$$

I can't speak for the vortex, but I do have the konus and it has been a good spotter for the money. Today in light rain and mist I could see 308 holes at 400 yrds and .223 holes at 300 yrds with it. The clarity is a lot better, obviously with more light. On clear days I can easily see 308 holes at 600yrds, so for the money you can't go wrong with the konus.

I've owned the Konus 20-60x80 spotting scope for about 4 years. Unfortunately, I was not aware that my scope was not functioning right until the warranty ran out. I had no experience with spotting scopes. Shooting my 270 Winchester I barely make out holes at 100 yards, and at 200 yards not so much. I chalked it off to the low price and figured I got what I paid for. Only recently have I learned that many who have a Konus scope have far better results than I. Even though the warranty has run out, I did contact Konus to explain my dilemma, but I haven’t heard back. Most likely the outcome will be too bad, too sad but you are out of warranty. It is true and I understand, but, on the other hand, you would think Konus would be concerned about quality. Oh well, I’ll wait and see how they respond.

I owned a Konus scope, and have a Vortex spotter... I'd say get a Vortex Viper HD or Razor spotter.