• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes konus spotter

swede69

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2007
any experience with the conus spotting scope?it gets some good reviews. i know you get what you pay for.any side by side tests by actual users?

Re: konus spotter

I would invest the money in a better quality product. It might work at 100 yards, but you are better off with a Bushnell, Burris, Vortex, ect.

Funny we compared the 20-60X80 at Perry in 06. The Glass was clear and crisp we compared them side by side with other high end scopes the Konus compared well.

I have the 80mm and the 100mm I shoot Service rifle and 1000 I like them and for the price they are a good buy

they are not true alpha glass, but they perform above their price point

Have been using a 80mm for the last couple years and haven't had a problem getting very good resolution on the 1000 range. It has certainly held up well to being constantly knocked over by my fat ass getting up and down off my shooting mat and the occasional banging around in the truck while spotting for Pronghorns.

Is there better? no question about it but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another

Cheers!

Rooter

For the price point it comes in at, it's has pretty decent glass. While it might not be a high end Zeiss, Swaro, or Kowa, it has served me well spotting at 600+ for the past 3 years. It lives in my trunk 24/7, it has been in the rain, dropped, and what have you and it still works.... not like there are things inside that can go wrong like a rifle scope. I would rather spend money on more important things like a rifle or scope.

I've got a konus and it's GTG. The glass is good, and you are not limited by the scope's performance. I find the main limiting factor for viewing longer ranges is the mirage and atmospheric haze. No spotting scope can focus those out, so if you want a solid performer I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Konus 20-60x80.

It is not as durable as a good USO would be, the housing is plastic and feels pretty cheap. That being said I haven't had any problem with mine yet.

Agree with all the others. I have the 20-60x80 as well and for the price, you can't go wrong with it. Glass is pretty clear even at full power. Only complaint is the tripod it comes with but that can be alleviated pretty easily. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

For the money the Konus will outperform it's price value. The High end glass will out perform and do have an advantage over the lower price glass but regardless when it comes to distance, and atmospheric conditions not even a high dollar scope will get you there. The konus may get you to 300 yds on a good day some of the time, a high dollar scope will get you there every time regardless of atmospheric conditions. That is the difference.

I use a konus.

So far, it has met and exceeded my limited standards.

Sure i could spend moer on expensive glass, but that cuts into boolit money.

I'd rather *Be* a good shot, than be able to lazily check if im a good shot