• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kowa Reticle Eyepiece... Let's get to work!

Re: Kowa Reticle Eyepiece... Let's get to work!

I know this is old, but I REALLY wanted this to happen.

Any hope that the idea could be re-evaluated for production?

I just discovered this thread. If they ever make a reticle for the 88mm Kowa spotting scopes, someone please send me a message about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new North American product manager for Kowa has told me he is picking up the torch and trying to make this happen. We'll know more at SHOT

Scott

</div></div>

Hell Yes... That would be great news

That would be great news. It would give me a use for the spotter I have now sitting in the closet!

Still tagged.

I would love one for my 602.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red Belly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love one for my 602. </div></div>

I have it on good info if it does happen it will be for the 77/88mm series only. Now, I can't answer "why" right now but it is what it is.

Please tell them if they are not doing a variable FFP version to not go above 25x for this.

30X on some of these is too much and hurts the end use. 20x -25x is more than enough.

^^^ this

The reticle vortex uses on their HD spotter eyepiece is great but the eyepiece itself is small and the eye relief isn't the best.

Please number the reticle lines and make variable. Also, lines should extend to edge even at lowest setting and have 40 mils marked for calling target offsets.

If Kowa would make a mrad reticle eyepiece I would buy it tomorrow.......I know several others around here in NC that would too. I have ran a TSN821 for years and love it and would reaaaaaly like to see this happen.

I've been using an 82sv for several years and would love to see a long eye relief mil based reticle eyepiece but it seems like it may not happen any time soon.

Reactions: Nik H
I too have a nice Kowa that could use a good reticle eyepiece. I wonder what happened to this project?

Does Kowa realize that having a reticle eyepiece available would immediately add a new customer base to their fine products? They would be a great competitor in the slim field of available long range spotting scopes with usable reticles. Just one guy's opinion (but I would buy it immediately once available).

I would buy a 883 or 884 series Kowa today if they had a reticle eyepiece....

I wonder what the reasoning is behind not producing one? Could it be the parent company doesn't want to produce something directly related to shooting sports or possibly be designed for military use? I wish somebody from Kowa could respond to this thread?

I know in a previous SHOT Show report that one of the people at Kowa showed off a reticle eyepiece....

At this point I wonder if another manufacturer could make one that would work? Kowa's interest lsn't there

KISS, I have been begging kowa to do this for years, I gave up and sold my big Kowa, still have the mini one in drag bag, but its getting replaced next week with my new USO-GAP spotter.

Just one idea here, unobstructed views when scanning (reticle set below center), straight forward corrections, etc. Crank up the power and have a couple MILS left in FOV...

spotter2_mockup.jpg

spotter3_mockup.jpg

This. Mils please. ????

John

A Mil reticle would be great, but their fitted neoprene cover for the 883 would be a nice start.

I would purchase one also. Creedmore Sports will make you a quality fitted cover and in an assorted variety of colors and/or camo patterns.

I emailed Kowa last week regarding a reticle eyepiece. This is the reply:

Thank you for your email.

This product is something that has been requested for a long time and I have been actively pursuing a solution for all our shooters. I do not have an ETA but please know that we take all recommendations very seriously and there are a variety of projects we are working on as we speak.

Thank you and have a great day,

I emailed Kowa last week regarding a reticle eyepiece. This is the reply:

Thank you for your email.

This product is something that has been requested for a long time and I have been actively pursuing a solution for all our shooters. I do not have an ETA but please know that we take all recommendations very seriously and there are a variety of projects we are working on as we speak.

Thank you and have a great day,

that’s something!

I think you need to become a bird watcher and convince them that a mil reticle is critical to measuring birds in the field and they will do it.

Gee makes ya wonder why Companies can't just provide the products the customer wants and needs. Win Win for everyone. Company makes money $$, customer gets what he wants and remains loyal to the brand. This ain't rocket science folks???

I have a Kowa TSN-880 and love it. I later purchased added a Kowa doubler. I would gladly pay for an eyepiece with a mildot.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried to get a company like the former Premier Reticles to do a mod to an existing eyepiece? If Kowa won't maybe someone else would if we could get enough people to commit to an order.