• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG bolt lift

CATMguy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2013
San Antoino
Anyone who is or has considered getting an oversized bolt knob for their 700 action...do it. With that being said, you can go one of 2 ways with it. Send your bolt out to get turned, threaded and installed (75$) plus knob it self (75-100$)"...or get a KRG bolt lift knob (36$ shipped). I just got mine today. It worked awesome! The extra 3/4" helped create better leverage! I am not a Gucci gear kinda guy, but this is one item that will help when your out in your late season hunts and its cold out. If I posted this in wrong area please let me know, I'm new to this media stuff! Thanks

Kevin

I have to agree. I put an inexpensive KRG knob on my Remington 700 .308 w while back. It makes a difference working the bolt IMHO.

KRG Bolt Knob.jpg

Well worth the money. Function over form, not the prettiest thing I've seen but it works and is rock solid without having to make a permanent mod to the gun.

I love mine, I used the resin method. It's pretty rock solid and its removable if I want to to something permanent.

"It works." Precisely. I use them on rifles that I just don't want to pay the $$$ to have mod'd or some older actions that I do not want cut. I have M40A1 non-spec build that has an old 7-digit action, for example. Also have a 6-digit that will go to the 'smith for a new Barty and I won't cut it either. The KRG piece is great for me when I am dinging away, but I can remove it when I want.

I had one on my 700 before I sent it off and had the works done to it. It worked great. My only downside for it was it rode up so darn close to my optic. As for forum and function and ease of install - flawless. It was a good purchase.

The Bolt Lift was designed for function. There's only so many ways a thing can look that has to fit over the stock Remington bolt handle and still have that function. I'm always amazed at the wide variation in what people think looks cool. Some really like the look of the Bolt Lift, some don't, to each his own. I know I've seen many times on here when someone proudly posts a pic of the most silly, gaudy shit that they had a gunsmith do to their bolt body and/or handle but there's no point or reason to say anything because its my opinion and they obviously like it so there's no reason to shit on their thread.

Come see us at SHOT in January fellas. We'll have a lot of cool new stuff. Paul maybe we'll even see you there.
Justin

i really like mine. I had to take a roto zip to it. it would not let the bolt go all the way down and it also rubbed on my scope. but took a little off with the roto zip and works perfect

+100%......................................

The Bolt Lift was designed for function. There's only so many ways a thing can look that has to fit over the stock Remington bolt handle and still have that function. I'm always amazed at the wide variation in what people think looks cool. Some really like the look of the Bolt Lift, some don't, to each his own. I know I've seen many times on here when someone proudly posts a pic of the most silly, gaudy shit that they had a gunsmith do to their bolt body and/or handle but there's no point or reason to say anything because its my opinion and they obviously like it so there's no reason to shit on their thread.

Come see us at SHOT in January fellas. We'll have a lot of cool new stuff. Paul maybe we'll even see you there.
Justin

Does anyone know if there is a know like this for Winchester model 70? I've looked but only found this so far.

Not trying to steal your thread, but I was searching on eBay and found something similar but its made of aluminum vs' the plastic krg. It almost looks as if it was machined on other than part of the bolt knob showing though the front portion. It works well for me. i was on the fence between the two and decided to go with some metal vs's plastic. I gave 42 shipped for this.IMG_0582.jpgIMG_0584.jpg

Although I really like the look of some of the lifts & knobs put on by some gunsmiths and builders I'd say the KRG Bolt Lift is pretty high on my $/gain list.KRG Bolt Lift Crop.JPG

I have one and I love it. My bolt was so clunky before and so much better after. I was so excited I made a post about it like this one.