• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis

Alright gentleman, this is my final product after messing around with going back and forth for 2 weeks. Adding weight to rear, grip, and butthook, I lined the cavity with Saran Wrap and took #8 shot from shotgun shells, and covered it with excess Saran Wrap. As for the fore end, I went from adhesive wheel weights, to double sided tape and Saran wrapped #8 shot, to now and ending with lead decoy weights from academy. 3.5 oz each strip and had to trim to fit accordingly. Good thing with this lead, it’s soft enough to cut.

I managed to get 17 lbs empty, no bipod with #9 shot and epoxy. I left the hardener out of the epoxy in case I want to remove it. Rear was easy, front a little harder to get enough weight to balance. I like the decoy weight idea.

Attachments

• DSCF4207.JPG
    DSCF4207.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 469
I managed to get 17 lbs empty, no bipod with #9 shot and epoxy. I left the hardener out of the epoxy in case I want to remove it. Rear was easy, front a little harder to get enough weight to balance. I like the decoy weight idea.
perfect. like I said, I messed around with this for 2 weeks plus. I know my wife is glad I'm done bc she's tired of me working on my guns on the kitchen island. haha

Curious how the stippling works out. Thought that might be a nice grip as well

I was going to before I left, but laziness/lack of time got the better of me. Once I get back stateside I'll get around to it.

Yup - and it doesn't permanently alter your stock. Dremel tools, soldering irons & youtube start a lot of work for gunsmiths. :eek:
I guess the black paint to make the KRG logo pop might be harder to completely remove, but I really like the contrast. The talon tape is easy and has a great texture IMO.

I use talon tape on mine and I love it. It’s a great feel on my hand and cheek.
View attachment 6949718
I really like the contrast. That's probably my biggest and only complaint about the Bravo, is the solid FDE. If it came from KRG with a little black thrown in, I think it would do well as an option. But, just lets users customize their rifles even further.

What mags are you using in the havak? And did you have to modify the mag release to get them to feed/run smooth?
AW mags. I'm not having any issues feeding 100% of the time, but I do get a hang up about 5% of the time. I've been talking with another member, and I think the havak bolt needs to be ran hard when cycling.
you might take a look at the havak thread over in bolt actions. I did talk about with single stack mags, I was having issues with the 6 o'clock lug hitting the feed lips if any upward pressure on the mag. when dry firing, only issue I've had with the AW mags is the 6 o'clock lug will bind up on the leading edge of the follower. I had to file a little bevel on the leading edge so I can dry fire with the mag in at home

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the recoil log slot on the newer Bravos? I have a Badger maximized recoil lug on my 700SA and I need to know if it will fit. I have e-mailed KRG a couple of times and called numerous times but cannot get a response. Thanks.

Riot

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the recoil log slot on the newer Bravos? I have a Badger maximized recoil lug on my 700SA and I need to know if it will fit. I have e-mailed KRG a couple of times and called numerous times but cannot get a response. Thanks.

Riot

It'll fit on the new ones.

Riot
@Massoud

I have an obnoxious oversized recoil lug in the latest Bravo. Its close but its a monster. Ergos make it easy to get behind too.
I must say the mag well deal is weak. Breaks my rhythm. I would buy up from this for the one dig.

I have an over-sized lug on a 700 as well. Can't remember if it's a Tubb or Badger. The recess fits fore-and-aft but the damn lug's too wide for the Bravo's slot for the barreled action to drop in.
I think that’s why they started making the Whiskey-3 backbone option for the bravo

I emailed KRG a few days ago, and they informed me all the new bravos are running the W-3 backbone standard.

I emailed KRG a few days ago, and they informed me all the new bravos are running the W-3 backbone standard.
krg still continuing to impress me. shooting my first match after switch to the bravo. we'll see how she holds up Saturday

So you gotta tell me who did that camo job and what I it called?
Looks very gap camoish which all gap camos are my favorite they all look killer and so does this! Do devulge in the details kind sir!!!!

I have done the job.
Use a sponge to do the paint job, not straight from the can.
Spray the paint for a plate or similar, and then just dipp the sponge to the paint and touch it to the stock, dont wipe it, straight contact and then off.
Start with the dark to light colors.

Reactions: Penatrator
Pretty nice! How did you buy it I couldn't find anything bit the bravo rear end on the website.

How long was the install, was it worth the trouble to say go from match to hunt kinda thing?

I am working in a gun store, and we import KRG chassis, so this was kind of jod advantage:).
Have not tested this rear stock in the shooting range yet, but if i have time, i will do testing tomorrow.
If you want, i can report range testing here?

Reactions: King_beardsly
That's a handy, you get to handle all the awesome stuff that comes import and found out the trg rear fits the bravo

If this has already been answered, i apologize, but does anyone know the weight of a manners/McMillan carbon fiber stock in a similar style as the bravo, with bottom metal or mini chassis installed?

My next rifle will be a lightweight, precision/hunting rifle and the bravo seems like a heck of an option for the money if it's within a few ounces of the comparable but more expensive manners and mcmillans.

If this has already been answered, i apologize, but does anyone know the weight of a manners/McMillan carbon fiber stock in a similar style as the bravo, with bottom metal or mini chassis installed?

My next rifle will be a lightweight, precision/hunting rifle and the bravo seems like a heck of an option for the money if it's within a few ounces of the comparable but more expensive manners and mcmillans.

The Bravo would be lighter as a base until you start adding stuff to it, then they're all within ounces of each other. I've had a few Manners Elites, 2x T2A, an EH1A and a PRS2 now. All with a mini chassis and they were all 3.5 lb to 3.9lb.

That's good to know, I just ordered a bravo and thought it might be a little light for match rifle build but with some stuff on it there should be enough weight.

I heard kinda third-hand that some people felt the back-end of the Bravo has some flex to it, compared to other options? Anyone here experience something like that?

I heard kinda third-hand that some people felt the back-end of the Bravo has some flex to it, compared to other options? Anyone here experience something like that?
I’m going guess whoever said that didn’t tighten down the screw behind the tang of the action after action was properly torqued.

Reactions: Zebra3
Maybe so. From what I know of them (again, second and third hand) the people involved are pretty highly skilled shooters, and one of them was pretty heavily into KRG stuff at one time... so I'd have expected them to get it right. But maybe not.

Since I don't have a Bravo (yet) to play with, do you have any pics of this screw you're talking about? Is it a common 'gotcha' (to forget) or thing to have to watch (i.e. works loose over time)?

Maybe so. From what I know of them (again, second and third hand) the people involved are pretty highly skilled shooters, and one of them was pretty heavily into KRG stuff at one time... so I'd have expected them to get it right. But maybe not.

Since I don't have a Bravo (yet) to play with, do you have any pics of this screw you're talking about? Is it a common 'gotcha' (to forget) or thing to have to watch (i.e. works loose over time)?

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/wp...5/BRAVO-Chassis-Installation-Instructions.pdf

Step 6

I’ve never heard of anyone on her complaining of the matter. If it truly is messed up someone shouldve contacted KRG and I know they would have made it right.