• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krg bravo vs magpul hunter

bigpingel88

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2020
Tulsa oklahoma
Hey guys,

Newer to the group, i didnt want to post in the wrong area, according to the rules i should just put it in the bear pit if I'm not sure.

So ive had a magpul hunter stock on my 308 700 varmint for awhile and like it. Good price for what you get and it does a good enough job for shooting at the range on sand bags. Anyways i heard they will be bringing out the magpul hunter for the savage line of rifles soon and i have a 12fv in 223 that shoots really really well in the factory basic plastic stock so i planned on buying another magpul hunter stock for it just to have drop away mags plus a bedding block and why not. So not wanting to be a weirdo magpul fanboy i ordered in a krg bravo to swap out on my 700 just so i can have one of each both a krg on the 700 and magpul on the savage. Wpuld rather try new brands for fun within a price point and reason. That being said i now have both the bravo and hunter stocks for my 308 700 Remington varmint now. Plan on doing a just for fun comparison between the 2 with various ammos etc. But i wanted to get some input on thoughts about barrel preheating or making things apples to apples within a day trip to the range. I dont want to shoot all the different kinds of ammos one a day per stock and make things take forever. Figured id bring my laser thermometer and try to keep the barrel at some form of even/normal between ammos and bipod/sand bags. I have a torque screwdriver to mount them correctly. I have some random brands of ammo and I'm hoping i can do a 3 shot group at 100 with sand bag and bipod with each stock if i have enough of the various types of ammo just to see how they do. Also figured i could look for allowed deflection between the 2 of them on the sandbags/bipod. Anything else within reason someone may want to see between the 2 stocks before sell the hunter to a buddy some day down the road? Or ideas/considerations i should take into account before i do the "test"

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but your post should probably be in the first forum listed, SH Equipment. Those there are pretty wise to different equipment and issues.

Its cool, probably so. When i looked and saw adds for discount codes and buying stuff i didn't think it belonged there. But now i see those were stickys. Is it possible to move this to the correct location? Or do i just delete and repost in the correct area?

I don't know how to move a post. Unfortunately that is way past my particular skill set. Someone way smarter than me might chip in with a helpful hint or two.