• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Weight Question

Jarrodb1975

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
Just wandering if anyone has got creative and made there KRG bravo a bit heavier for stability. I know they sell weights, but I was looking for more budget solutions.
Thanks

I know at least one guy on here has epoxied lead weights wherever they would fit. I would think that's about your only option besides their kits.

Duck decoy weights in the fore end. Crammed old bullets into the buttsock and grip. Trimmed decoy weights under the cheek piece. It's easy to add weight in the rear but it gets out of balance.

I have a couple of steel spacers for my butt pad being delivered today. Each is .6 ilbs. I want to even the weight out a bit.

Here is what I did.

I built a Tikka CTR in a Bravo Chassis. I added weight to the frame in 2 places, the forend and the butt plate shims. I have a very good machinist friend that help me out this this. If anyone would like the Drawings I would be happy to share.

I had 3 goals with this weight system.
1. I wanted to be able to add and remove the weigh to fit the mission. If I go shoot P-dogs with is I will add the weight, If I have to pack the rifle I can make it light. Since the Bravo is designed to be light, why not keep the option?
2. To be able to Balance the rifle in front of the mag well. Once I shoot this barrel out and re-barrel it, I still want to rebalance it.
3. To add support to the extended arca rail. I ordered the long rail with the Bravo but found it has to much flex when the bi-pod is mounted on the cantilever section when preloading.

The system has 3 weights I can add. The first is a weight mount bar. This bar slides into the forend frame under the handgaurd and is attached to the chassis by the 4 mounting screws for the spigot. The second is a front weight that gets attached to the mounting bar. The third are steel shims in the butt plate. My intention is to always leave the mounting bar under the handrail in place and balance the rifle with the but plate shims.

Weights:
11.9lbs - Rifle stand alone ( Tikka CTR Factory rifle 6.5 Creed. Vortex AMG, Bravo Chassis with extended arca rail, Patriot Valley arms Jet Blast Muzzle break. no mag or ammo, No Ckye Bi-pod)
19lbs - rifle, bi-pod and full weight set. (ckye bi-pod - 1.46lbs)
I was able to add 5.64lbs of weights , plus 1.46lb bi-pod = 7.1lbs total added.

Balance point
1 - light setup, no bipod. The rifle balances with the weight bar added and no rear shims.
2. Light setup with Bipod. The rifle needed two rear shims added. Wt = 16lbs. This is an Ideal weight for me.
3. Full weight added, no Bipod. The rifle needed 3 rear shim plates.
4. Full weight with Bipod(far out). With 3 rear shims the rifle balanced about 2 inches in front of the mag well.

I won't say this is prettiest thing in the world but it sure did work. I will get it Blued (black) this supper.

View attachment 7022646

More Photos:
View attachment 7022637 View attachment 7022638 View attachment 7022641 View attachment 7022642 View attachment 7022644 View attachment 7022645 View attachment 7022647

Besides the KRG weights, plastic balloon filled with annealed steel shot in the grip compartment.

Had a chunk of walnut sitting around.
85D85CD5-D557-4443-8B57-C34BDE637515.jpeg
Used one of the plastic spacers as a
D82D3CB4-076F-4506-B349-7919BF0B864F.jpeg
pattern and made this. Used a 1” Forstner bit and bored a couple of recesses in it and put powdered metal heavy washers in them for added weight. PVA JHR with added class!

The heavy LOP spacers fit the Bravo fine, I'm running several on my Bravo. Was planning to put three on it to counter-balance a 26" M24 stainless steel barrel but with the adjustable buttpad the LOP got too long so I had to remove one and I added a balloon filled with annealed steel shot to the Bravo's grip compartment instead.

I know at least one guy on here has epoxied lead weights wherever they would fit. I would think that's about your only option besides their kits.

Yes Sir...
Adhesive, lead wheel weights stuck together and placed on their sides fits the forearm perfectly. The butt and hollow part of the grip were filled with slip type fishing weights. Use a hot glue gun and fill around the edges and void spaces in the weights to keep them from rattling around.

You can add 5lbs purty easy.

Yes Sir...
Adhesive, lead wheel weights stuck together and placed on their sides fits the forearm perfectly. The butt and hollow part of the grip were filled with slip type fishing weights. Use a hot glue gun and fill around the edges and void spaces in the weights to keep them from rattling around.

You can add 5lbs purty easy.
Send me a pic of that.

If you are using the KRG T-slot forend weight (.75 lb.), and the heavy barricade stop (.36 lb.) you've got 1.11 lb. up front; unless you are using them already and need more weight to get to your desired balance, in which case you might be able to utilize a pair of the MDT ACC M-Lok exterior forend weights (.78 lb.). Hope this helps.

Also, the KRG ARCA clamp has mounts for 2 heavy barricade stops if need be that could up your total to 1.46 lb. Not counting the combined .4 lb. from the clamp and rail.

Attachments

• 20200108_123538-Edit.jpeg
    20200108_123538-Edit.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. Ended up putting BB’s in all the rear crevasses and few sticky weights inside front. Got me up to 19lbs. That’s up 2.5 lbs.

I have Tikka T3x varmint with a 24" barrel in my KRG BRAVO chassis. Like many people before have said I use stick on weights. If you remove your foregrip to expose the aluminum chassis you'll find out there's a ton of room between the bottom of the chassis and the top of the foregrip. I used the black weights so when the foregrip is in place you can't even see them. They are trimmable and drill very easily I was able to put almost two and a half pounds of extra weight where I wanted to. The krg also has a large void in the butt stock, you could put a lot of weight in. I really don't think you should overcomplicate the thing , the stick on weights are designed to adhere to car wheels for balancing so they will never fall off until you actually take them off.
The price of weight kits for precision rifle is ridiculous which makes me feel good that I only spent $20 for 9 lb of weight I was looking at some others and for the same amount of weight I could have spent almost $600 if I went with a fancy pre-made weight set up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_152733.jpg
    IMG_20200529_152733.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Somewhat related question regarding KRG OEM weights for the bravo. Recently picked up one in the PX and I do not yet have the action I am going to put inside it in hand just yet, but I assembled the stock (weights, ARCA, barrier stop, etc).

What I noticed is that the OEM weight "slides" forward and back by a 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch.

Is that normal?

EDIT: Tagging KRG @Massoud

Last edited:
I wish I could answer that. I'm just not sure. I was able to add two and a half pounds my rifle I used wheel weights on the underside of the chassis. They use 3M tape to hold them in place they absolutely will not come loose even with a 338 Lapua. Also they cost $20 for a 9 lb box. They are black and when you put the fore grip back on you cannot see them at all you can drill holes in them make clearance for mounting things on the foregrip. Also there is a large void in the butt stock I have found you can counterbalance any added weight that you put on the front end of your gun by putting some additional weight back there. My Tikka t3x varmint in .223 weighs approximately 16 lb fully Decked Out

Attachments

• s-l300 (1).jpg
    s-l300 (1).jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: chrome
Somewhat related question regarding KRG OEM weights for the bravo. Recently picked up one in the PX and I do not yet have the action I am going to put inside it in hand just yet, but I assembled the stock (weights, ARCA, barrier stop, etc).

What I noticed is that the OEM weight "slides" forward and back by a 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch.

Is that normal?

If it’s the backbone weight, there should be set screws to anchor it in place once you’ve positioned it where you want.

Reactions: EN2722
If it’s the backbone weight, there should be set screws to anchor it in place once you’ve positioned it where you want.

I dont see any additional set screws in my kit. I noticed the longer screws to secure the ARCA rail to the bravo line up with the same interior holes that look to be where the weight would lock down. But when I locked the ARCA rale down, the weight would still slide. Let me know if anyone sees anything suspicious:

20200531_150136.jpg
20200531_152209.jpg

Is that normal?

What OEM weights are you talking about?

The t-slot weight from KRG uses a bunch of screws to hold it into place. The only other OEM that I’m tracking is the buttstock weights.

I dont see any additional set screws in my kit. I noticed the longer screws to secure the ARCA rail to the bravo line up with the same interior holes that look to be where the weight would lock down. But when I locked the ARCA rale down, the weight would still slide. Let me know if anyone sees anything suspicious:

View attachment 7340320View attachment 7340321

I have one and once all those screws where tightened up it doesn’t move.

That’s interesting

I added front weight with barrel profile, length, and can. Rear I added #9 lead shot till it balanced.

24" MTU and a can makes for a pig of a rifle. It also makes the 243ai an absolute blast to shoot.