• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing KRG Chassis and Ultimatum Deadline Action

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Ordered a Deadline Action after researching here on the SH. Now I am looking for a stock or Chassis. I was thinking about a KRG Whiskey 3, but understand it will need modification. I am thinking about using the Timney 2 stage trigger. What modifications will be required? Is it something I can do with a Dremel tool and file or will I need to send it to someone to mill it?

Thanks

I've had my Deadline mounted in a KRG Bravo before moving it to my Vudoo action. I don't recall any modifications needed to the KRG Bravo, other than possibly the usual mag catch shortening....3 minute job with a Dremel.

The Deadline is a great action...you'll love it.

Ordered a Deadline Action after researching here on the SH. Now I am looking for a stock or Chassis. I was thinking about a KRG Whiskey 3, but understand it will need modification. I am thinking about using the Timney 2 stage trigger. What modifications will be required? Is it something I can do with a Dremel tool and file or will I need to send it to someone to mill it?

Thanks
Why not contact KRG? They will likely know for sure. If there is some slight mod required, they'll likely do it for you.

Derek the head sales guy at ultimatum shoots a deadline in a gen4 whiskey-3. He’ll be able to help you.

I'm planning a rifle build using the Deadline and a KRG Bravo. I reach out to both Ultimatum and KRG about the modifications
needed for that set up and this is what they said:

Krg:
"Yes, the deadline requires a few mods to fit correctly. Sorry, we do not offer any custom services. I would recommend reaching out to a reputable gunsmith to preform the required mods. "

Ultimatum:
"You will need to trim the magazine latch and make a small relief for the safety lever, but other than that it will be no problem"

Reactions: Mavrykk
Technically, both are correct. I've had my Deadline mounted in a KRG Bravo. Mag latch and right side relief for the safety lever. Both take 5 minutes with a Dremel.

Reactions: 65rpr
I’m leaning toward this action for a new build in an AICS or Bravo chassis.
Does anyone know if I’ll need to inlet the chassis. It’s currently got a blueprinted 700 action in it.

I’m leaning toward this action for a new build in an AICS or Bravo chassis.
Does anyone know if I’ll need to inlet the chassis. It’s currently got a blueprinted 700 action in it.
The Deadline should drop in. Early Bravo chassis had a smaller recoil lug recess which has since been enlarged to the accommodate thicker recoil lugs found in most custom actions.

Just a heads up Ultimatum is not able to ship to the US right now because the ATF has not approved their import license. I ordered a Gen 2 Deadline back in July and it has not shipped yet and they don't know when they will.