• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

KRG guys, post

KEbravo4

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 7, 2020
Any KRG W3 owners out there...what do you like, what do you NOT like. I am torn between a W3 or MDT of some sort.
I am definitely set on a folder. I am also planning on a WTO Switch lug...can you still swap barrels with the enclosed fore-end? Thanks in advance.

I’ve had my W3 folders for a couple years. Great chassis and very modular. Not much I don’t like about them. You’ll be able to swap barrels with the enclosed fore-end although clearance might be close or incompatible depending on the action used with the switchlug.

I have a W3 non folder, cant say I have any complaints about it. I think the MDT buttstock portion looks cooler than a whiskey 3 but at the end of the day, pretty much all the higher end chassis are so good these days, they all are super adjustable for just about everything, they all are modular AF, it really comes down to what you like the aesthetic of and whats in your price range.

Been using different KRG chassis (3 Whiskey3 and a Bravo)and various components for the last 5 years. No complaints at all. Top products, top class service all the way.

Thanks guys...do they have a mil discount program??

Thanks guys...do they have a mil discount program??

Yes, they do have a mil discount program. From their FAQ page:

-Do you have a LE or Mil discount?

We do have discounts for Active Duty Military members, Veterans, and POST certified LEO’s with PD’s/SO’s/Agencies. For Military personnel DO NOT send a picture of your ID (it will be deleted immediately). For active duty please send us an email from a .mil email account or a copy of orders. Veterans can send a copy of their DD-214. For LEOs a copy of your ID will work just fine. These can be sent to [email protected]

We will then send over the discount codes and you can order online.

I’ve had my W3 folders for a couple years. Great chassis and very modular. Not much I don’t like about them. You’ll be able to swap barrels with the enclosed fore-end although clearance might be close or incompatible depending on the action used with the switchlug.

One data point from my experience, my enclosed fore-end must be removed in order to swap out barreled actions. I'm using a Mausingfield with T7T trigger. Personally, I can't see how any barreled action w/ trigger can be removed without pulling the enclosed fore-end first.

One data point from my experience, my enclosed fore-end must be removed in order to swap out barreled actions. I'm using a Mausingfield with T7T trigger. Personally, I can't see how any barreled action w/ trigger can be removed without pulling the enclosed fore-end first.

That's what I was thinking. Ive never owned or used a switch lug but the appeal is strong for me...being able to swap between 6.5cm PRS match style barrel to my chopped 16" 308 barrel for deer season. I like having cross-compatibility from one rifle. Being able to switch myself in a few mins would seem important for what I want out of this build.

One thing that helps with the comfort level of the cheek piece is the Wiebad stock pad. Even though they don't have the W-3 as an option, I chose the X-Ray version of the stock pad. The velcro straps were a little long but I just trimmed them after putting it on the cheekpiece.

https://wiebad.com/mini-stock-pad/

That's what I was thinking. Ive never owned or used a switch lug but the appeal is strong for me...being able to swap between 6.5cm PRS match style barrel to my chopped 16" 308 barrel for deer season. I like having cross-compatibility from one rifle. Being able to switch myself in a few mins would seem important for what I want out of this build.
You can do that with a barrel vice

None of the barreled actions will pull out with the enclosed fore-end but the OP expressed interest in the WTO switchlug and swapping barrels, not barreled actions. If the OP got lucky with the switchlug or went through the modifications that would be needed to make it compatible with the enclosed fore-end, there wouldn't be a need to pull out the barreled action everytime to swap the barrel.

Reactions: Lesco Brandon
None of the barreled actions will pull out with the enclosed fore-end but the OP expressed interest in the WTO switchlug and swapping barrels, not barreled actions. If the OP got lucky with the switchlug or went through the modifications that would be needed to make it compatible with the enclosed fore-end, there wouldn't be a need to pull out the barreled action everytime to swap the barrel.

Correct, if my research is correct and as long as the switch lug fits, I simply want to loosen the switch lug, pull out a 6.5cm barrel, and insert a 308 then re-tighten the switch lug. I don't see why I cant do all of that while leaving in the action.

Reactions: Lesco Brandon
Correct, if my research is correct and as long as the switch lug fits, I simply want to loosen the switch lug, pull out a 6.5cm barrel, and insert a 308 then re-tighten the switch lug. I don't see why I cant do all of that while leaving in the action.

If anything you’ll have to modify the enclosed fore-end to clear the switch lug as there is a bridge on the handguard that might not clear the switch lug.

Reactions: KEbravo4
Gents, just ordered a KRG Xray, my first KRG chassis! Hoping it will elevate my B14HMR which I already love to a new level.

I also used the mil discount, I emailed them yesterday from my .mil account per their instructions and they hit me back the same day. The offer 10% off chassis and 15% of other accessories not including magazines. Hopefully this helps you!

Reactions: Massoud
Only issue I’ve ever had is magazines getting caught. SAC’s mag block helped. No idea if it’s been fixed on the newer gen W3. I have a gen5 but also had the same issue with a Bravo.

I’m running a gen6 folder with the aluminum arca forend and spigot with the heavy angled bag rider. Folding mechanism is one of the best and I’ve yet to find a more perfect setup being less big framed. I really like the relatively small and narrow cheek riser in combination with the narrow recoil pad. Other options out there seem to be more of a challenge to get square on. Everything about it just fits and feels like everything is where it’s supposed to be. They offer a lot of accessories, as most do, to tune the balance. It’s nice that magazine fit can be tweaked.

Have had a w3 since 2013, no issues, have a Tikka in a bravo, no issues, xray no issues. Remmy in w3, Badger in another w3 both gen 4. But try before you buy if you can, they don't feel the same to everybody.

Have had a w3 since 2013, no issues, have a Tikka in a bravo, no issues, xray no issues. Remmy in w3, Badger in another w3 both gen 4. But try before you buy if you can, they don't feel the same to everybody.

would you think the bravo offers the same feel? ive got a bravo now and wouldnt mind going to the W3 at some point.

would you think the bravo offers the same feel? ive got a bravo now and wouldnt mind going to the W3 at some point.
Not similar. I had a whiskey 3 on my match rifle and a bravo on my trainer. They don't feel even similar to use. I actually liked the feel of the bravo better but my results were better with my w3. I sold the bravo and bought a second w3. I'm now on the hunt for a third w3 to build a 223

Reactions: Jackomason
Not similar. I had a whiskey 3 on my match rifle and a bravo on my trainer. They don't feel even similar to use. I actually liked the feel of the bravo better but my results were better with my w3. I sold the bravo and bought a second w3. I'm now on the hunt for a third w3 to build a 223

dang, I really like my Bravo. ill have to try to get behind a W3. i was kinda hoping to put a .22 in my Bravo once I got the W3...

Gents, just ordered a KRG Xray, my first KRG chassis! Hoping it will elevate my B14HMR which I already love to a new level.

I also used the mil discount, I emailed them yesterday from my .mil account per their instructions and they hit me back the same day. The offer 10% off chassis and 15% of other accessories not including magazines. Hopefully this helps you!

pretty sure they want you to keep that confidential.

Reactions: mjh30 and smoooth1
Most likely that WTO will clear but you might have to mod the top bridge of the Enclosed Forend a small amount to clear. It doesn't look like it is too far forward of the action face.

Thank you all for your business!
Justin

I've had the Xray stock for around 4 months, and have been very pleased. Includes the functionalities of the W3, but the butt is plastic for a significant weight reduction. It will be going on my elk hunt later this year.

FInally got my W3 last week. It was so much fun tinknering with it and adding the mods I got for it. Very happy. Now I just need to put some rounds on it and see how she shoots.