• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kudos to SWFA

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
I feel I should share when a company goes above and beyond the same as when a company treats a customer like crap.

The story starts with me having a 541X excess to my needs, I had a 20X SWFA moa-quad scope on it. I took it to a local gunshow carrying it around with a few interested lookers. Long story short it got dropped on the concrete floor and shattered the stock. The second bounce it landed on the scope bending the end bell and bending/gouging the windage turret knob.

20221208_145440.jpg

Even though the stock looks like a 513T stock externally it's inletting/bolt location is different. (Ask me how I know after a 513T stock purchase) It's also not the same as a 541S or 541T externally. I eventually found a mislabeled 541T stock that is an original 541X that was nearly perfect.

OK, back to the scope, I sent a note explaining exactly what happened to the gun/scope along with pictures asking for it to be repaired at my expense since it was no fault of their equipment. Saturday an SWFA box showed up with a NEW 20X moa-quad and an invoice showing a ZERO balance.

I really like their scopes for our longrange rimfire matches and I also have 2 of their 5-25 HD scopes on a 1000 yard rifle and also one of my 1000 yard pistols. Their products are top notch and customer service is first class.

Keep companies like this at the top of your list when considering an equipment purchase. Initial contact with one of their representatives I was told to send it in for evaluation. I dId not expect a new scope, just a repair and a bill. I'm very impressed, guess that's why we have a bunch of them.

Just wanted to share this.

Topstrap

If they had a retailer in Europe that could sell them for anything close to what they cost in the US, I would have bought one by now.

Reactions: Topstrap
If they would only update their reticles they would sell a lot more scopes. I have a 1-6 HD, built like a tank. They are a solid platform, but very out dated reticle wise. I’ve been to their shop a couple times and looked through most of their scopes; it’s been at least 5 years since my last visit though.

Glad to hear their customer service is still great.

I do agree, they have a great product but is ready for an upgrade. I've bought a few Arkens lately and really like them.

Last edited:
I live by them. They told me there going to be focusing on the scope only and will become the distributor. So, soon you you can go into the box store and pick them up.

I think the reticle is fine, especially for hunting. Wish they would get some in stock, the used market is asking more than new prices because new ones are back ordered months.

The SWFA line is legendary for their rugged simplicity, but as others have noted, they’re quite dated now from a design standpoint. At the right price they’re still solid, but the fixed power models are really the only “good value” anymore, IMO. For what people seem to want for the 3-15x and 5-20x, you can easily find something like an LRTS, DMR2, or even one of the higher tier Athlon or Arkens. I’m hopeful they have updated models coming soon!