• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

KUKRI Precision Field Rifle from UGSW

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I finally got the first KUKRI finished and I have quite a few more to get beyond the barreled action stage. My bottleneck has been the production runs of the Skunkworks DBM, but since this one has the Surgeon, I was able to get it knocked out. The specs are:

Underground Skunkworks Model 911 "Compatible"
Underground Skunkworks 20MOA Rail
Underground Skunkworks Precision Ground Recoil Lug
Underground Skunkworks Oversize Bolt Knob
Underground Skunkworks Precision Pillar System
Surgeon DBM with AW Mag
Krieger 18" 5R KUKRI Contour, 10 Twist, Chambered in .308
Timney/Skunkworks Trigger (Skunkworks specific design for the Model 911)
Manners MCS-T3, 90% CF
Underground Skunkworks Cheekpad
Leupold Mark 4 MRT 3-9 X 36, Illuminated TMR (will put it in LaRue Low Rings in a few days)
And of course the Signature Skunkworks Fit and Finish

2mozeo0.jpg

3449o3n.jpg

mkiq2x.jpg

23jg0t5.jpg

16igjn5.jpg

296no14.jpg

As pictured the KUKRI is 10lbs 13oz, but should be a little lighter with the LaRue rings. The QR mount thats on it now is temporary.

The base price of the KUKRI is $3250.

Re: KUKRI Precision Field Rifle from UGSW

It looks good incorporating more of a traditional style stock rather than the vertical grip styles most customs have. Looks great just like all your other work Mike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks good incorporating more of a traditional style stock rather than the vertical grip styles most customs have. Looks great just like all your other work Mike. </div></div>

Thanks SD. The idea is to incorporate more of the Practical Rifle Approach. Very handy rifle and easy to shoot from field positions, which is something I try and practice as much as possible.

Mike, I really like that...I can see that in my future as a left hand hunting rifle in 308. I even have that scope in my safe right now waiting on a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mean looking small rifle. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I really like that...I can see that in my future as a left hand hunting rifle in 308. I even have that scope in my safe right now waiting on a rifle. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is one Sexy Beeotch! I think I peed a little... Again. </div></div>

Thanks guys. I'll have this rifle and a couple SPECTER-BABR's and maybe a PERSEUS at Rifles Only in a few weeks. Look me up if you guys are headed to the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, you were right Mike, the Kukri is what I seek. Nice looking piece. </div></div>

Thanks Jesse....You want me to shoot pictures of yours before it goes to camo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hot damn! I definetly dig this one. My hat is off to you again sir. </div></div>

Thanks ADT. I went out to shoot a little today and realized with the time change that it gets dark now before 5p.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

That kukri is EXACTLY what I want for my first custom rifle!!! Now if I only had 3k in fun money.

LM </div></div>

I have plenty of barrels and a few extra stocks on the shelf....Just give me the green light and we're good to go....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
cry.gif
I want one!
cry.gif
</div></div>

Yours will be the next one in line once the UGSW DBMs come back from anodizing.... </div></div>

I'm just messin' with ya brother....I know you've got my back. Your work is top notch, and that KUKRI looks awesome! Loving the color of the stocks, and can't wait to put down some piggies with this bad boy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
cry.gif
I want one!
cry.gif
</div></div>

Yours will be the next one in line once the UGSW DBMs come back from anodizing.... </div></div>

I'm just messin' with ya brother....I know you've got my back. Your work is top notch, and that KUKRI looks awesome! Loving the color of the stocks, and can't wait to put down some piggies with this bad boy! </div></div>

I'm with ya. I'll be in Texas in a few weeks if you want to pop a few while I'm there....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send me an email and let me know your travel dates / location. We've got swine to slay.... </div></div>

I land in San Antonio on 7Dec and drive down to Kingsville til the 10th. I have to be in Picayune on the 13th. I'll shoot you an e-mail with a few additional details....

Hot Damn Mike I likey, I likey. I just got off your web page looking to see what you might have new on their since i have'nt been on their in a long time. Rifle looks great and i will have an idea now how it will look with a few different things done to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hot Damn Mike I likey, I likey. I just got off your web page looking to see what you might have new on their since i have'nt been on their in a long time. Rifle looks great and i will have an idea now how it will look with a few different things done to it. </div></div>

Thanks Dan....The LaRue rings came in today (earlier than I expected) and I took the SPECTER optic mount off. I'll take some new pics tomorrow and update the website and spec sheet.

Your KUKRI barreled action is done and stock is ready to go, just waiting for the DBMs to come in so I can get back on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">again another very clean rifle. thats becoming a regular thing for you guys. people will be pleased </div></div>

Thanks AXE....We work hard to obtain the "clean" look and I appreciate you noticing....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Awesome stuff Mike. Another job very well done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">niiiice. just curious, any reason for the surefire flash hider instead of their muzzle brake? </div></div>

Thanks CE....The flash hider is slightly shorter than the brake, but no real preference other than I don't care for the louder bang with the brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Awesome stuff Mike. Another job very well done.
</div></div>

Thanks Chris. Yours is moving along quite well also. I'll have an update for you soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hot Damn Mike I likey, I likey. I just got off your web page looking to see what you might have new on their since i have'nt been on their in a long time. Rifle looks great and i will have an idea now how it will look with a few different things done to it. </div></div>

Thanks Dan....The LaRue rings came in today (earlier than I expected) and I took the SPECTER optic mount off. I'll take some new pics tomorrow and update the website and spec sheet.

Your KUKRI barreled action is done and stock is ready to go, just waiting for the DBMs to come in so I can get back on it. </div></div>

Let me know how those LaRue low rings work out. I'm really interested in buying a set for my Mark 4 40mm Objective. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hot Damn Mike I likey, I likey. I just got off your web page looking to see what you might have new on their since i have'nt been on their in a long time. Rifle looks great and i will have an idea now how it will look with a few different things done to it. </div></div>

Your KUKRI barreled action is done and stock is ready to go, just waiting for the DBMs to come in so I can get back on it. </div></div>

Let me know how those LaRue low rings work out. I'm really interested in buying a set for my Mark 4 40mm Objective. Thanks. </div></div>

I mounted the rings yesterday and they're very high quality. I was going for the lowest QR ring possible for the KUKRI and even though these are as low as they are, you would still have room for the 40mm objective. The other objective was light weight, which was also accomplished with these rings. I wanted to shoot today, but the snow kept me in the shop. More details to follow or you can shoot me a PM or an e-mail....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be in Texas in a few weeks if you want to pop a few while I'm there.... </div></div>

Passing through DFW again, or just south Texas?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be in Texas in a few weeks if you want to pop a few while I'm there.... </div></div>

Passing through DFW again, or just south Texas? </div></div>

Right now it looks like South Texas, but if I have the time to head towards Dallas I'll let you know....

Everyone has to just wait their turn and get in line. Mike has some rigs to get built first, especially MINE!

This is a sweet rifle Mike. Now quite messing around and get to building................

Cheers - Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hot Damn Mike I likey, I likey. I just got off your web page looking to see what you might have new on their since i have'nt been on their in a long time. Rifle looks great and i will have an idea now how it will look with a few different things done to it. </div></div>

Let me know how those LaRue low rings work out. I'm really interested in buying a set for my Mark 4 40mm Objective. Thanks. </div></div>

I have to say, after playing around with the new rings on a couple of different rifles, if you're looking for something as low and light as possible, they're the way to go. I believe I've found my new "KUKRI" rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone has to just wait their turn and get in line. Mike has some rigs to get built first, especially MINE!

This is a sweet rifle Mike. Now quite messing around and get to building................

Cheers - Todd </div></div>

Thanks Slave-Driver!...
grin.gif