• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Kung Fu (1972)

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
I just ordered up the Kung Fu complete series and have been re-watching them - have not seen them since the 70's.

If you have never seen them - I think a lot of people could learn something from his character.

Brings back memories, yet I don't remember any of the episodes so it is like watching them again for the first time.

My g/f - not into Martial Arts at all said "THIS is Kung FU?" - she expected fight movies...she was amazed.

My 13 year old daughter - hates fight movies etc was like "Dad, come out here so we can watch this" - she is enthralled by them.

Pretty awesome - if you haven't seen them look it up on Youtube and go buy the series.

So all of this came because I was trying to make a bamboo flute - I ended up ordering one as I cannot get the sound out of my home made one...

Re: Kung Fu (1972)

I haven't seen any Kung Fu shows since I was a kid. I used to watch it all the time. I will have to go check them out.

Yeah I'm on the latter part of Season 2 now..

It's got some commentaries by David Carradine as well.

I heard they did "the legend continues" in the 90's but I rarely watched TV in the 90's.

It was a great show, I enjoyed it immensely and watched it on reruns for many years and feel like I learned a great deal about Zen and the mysteries not revealed by my Orthodox or Catholic upbringing.

The Legend Continues was horridly awful. It was so insulting to one's intelligence, it felt like I was actually getting head butted! Almost as completely unwatchable as T.J. Hooker!

It's interesting reading about David Carradine - not to speak ill of the dead but seems his career went south from 1974 on, up until Kill Bill came out.

Read a lot of the divorce paperwork - Kung Fu really suited him, he spent his life trying to find his path...

I still can't believe they shut down Bruce Lee on this one. No disrespect to David Carradine, but seriously what where they thinking....

I had thought Bruce Lee cancelled on them because he was making movies and in training - not vice versa. His widow claims otherwise.

I cannot recall where I read this but David Carradine mentions that he mentioned this idea of his in 1968 to a producer, about "Caine" wandering around the desert afterbeing outcast for murder (Sort of biblical reference there) - and a couple of years later he was called to try out for it.

So he says that he had just shaved (For reasons he would not mention) his head so when he walked in he fit right in the part.

I dunno - I"ll see if I can dig that up.

"Circle of Iron" was the brainchild of the legendary martial artist Bruce Lee, who sadly would not live to see it get made.

That's the one - James Coburn apparantly had a lot to do with it (Directing?)

I tried watching Kung Fu once. However, I was forced to stop when my GF found me unconscious in the closet of a Bangkok hotel room with a cord wrapped around my neck and genitals.

-Pat

Ah Grasshopper,life is like..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hannibal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Episodes were hit or miss with me. Some were so damn good while others were slow as hell. Always wanted to try walking on that rice paper path and see how bad I would tear it up.

Han </div></div>

Yeah some of season 2 latter part were hit or miss - a new director came in for season 3, and that's when David started formal training in Kung Fu - you can see his improvement but it changed the character a lot.

I have walked on rice paper in my Karate training. It takes patience and skill.
I think all snipers should be required to do this as well.

But it's cool about his flute, I got the series because I was studying up on making a bamboo flute - I've made several now, but the one I made today sounds the best.