• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Kydex holster maker in Northern California?

fastfwd

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 13, 2018
Silicon Valley, CA
I've got an unusual pistol setup that nobody has a mold for, so I'm looking for a custom holster maker. Found a guy in Florida who will probably do excellent work, but I'd really prefer someone who's local to me -- to avoid having to ship the thing back and forth between FFLs, and in case I need to have any adjustments made after I get the holster. I'm in Northern California (Bay Area), but LA or San Diego would be acceptable, too. Any recommendations?

Excellent idea. I've avoided calguns.net for years in favor of quieter, more thoughtful forums like this one, but of course you're right -- if there's someone in this area who can do it, he or she will be on calguns. Thank you.

There's a few in the Central Valley (Bakersfield) that might be willing to do what you want. I think the one I hear the most about down here is cottonmouth concealment. I've seen some of their work in person and it looks pretty clean.

There's a few in the Central Valley (Bakersfield) that might be willing to do what you want. I think the one I hear the most about down here is cottonmouth concealment. I've seen some of their work in person and it looks pretty clean.
Thank you. Hadn't heard of him before, but his stuff looks great in the photos he's posted. I'll call him.

You might try Heath at HighlanderHolsters.com in Eugene, OR. He's built a few holsters for my brother and passed the test with flying colors.

You might try Heath at HighlanderHolsters.com in Eugene, OR. He's built a few holsters for my brother and passed the test with flying colors.
Thanks. Too far for me to visit in person for this job, but now he's on my list for the future.

Thanks. Too far for me to visit in person for this job, but now he's on my list for the future.
What configuration are you trying to holster? You might check with him just for grins.

What configuration are you trying to holster? You might check with him just for grins.

It's this thing. I'll call him, but I'll be very surprised if he already has a mold for the SBAL.

57rmr.jpg

Reactions: Sieg
Las concealmeant is in the Bay Area I think. I have two of their holster and think good thoughts about them often.