• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kydex knife sheath for a Randall?

thefitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Would like to find a custom Kydex sheath for a Randall Model 14

FYI Randalls have bolsters (hand guards.

All the Kydex sheaths I have seen are friction fit and not made for knives with bolsters.

Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks

Re: Kydex knife sheath for a Randall?

I have several Kydex sheaths made by Mashed Cat Kydex.

http://www.mashedcat.com/

He does a great job, and is very quick. Not the cheapest, but the quality is top notch.
I would give him a call and ask him about a sheath for the knife. 208-949-4031

The sheaths I have are for Busse knives, and are NOT friction fit on the blades, but friction/snap fit on the base of the handle.

madd0c

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madd0c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have several Kydex sheaths made by Mashed Cat Kydex.

http://www.mashedcat.com/

He does a great job, and is very quick. Not the cheapest, but the quality is top notch.
I would give him a call and ask him about a sheath for the knife. 208-949-4031

The sheaths I have are for Busse knives, and are NOT friction fit on the blades, but friction/snap fit on the base of the handle.

madd0c </div></div>

Thanks I will give them a call. But Busse knives do not have bolsters. Therefore the sheath can go over the handle and hold it in place.

doesn't matter if knife has bolsters or finger guards, the kydex can be formed around it. i make 'em all the time for knives with guards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phideaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">doesn't matter if knife has bolsters or finger guards, the kydex can be formed around it. i make 'em all the time for knives with guards. </div></div>

Do you have any pics of some with bolsters as large as on a Randall? How long does the tension hold in the material?

I would contact Rainwalker Creations. He does excellent work and has a great reputation for making kydex for some very nice knives. His work is very well known on the Scrapyard Knives forum.

[email protected]

You can find his website on google.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longebow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Blade Tech. They made an awesome kydex sheath for my Model 14!

http://www.blade-tech.com/
</div></div>

Pic?

I don't see any mention of knife sheaths on their page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thebolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would contact Rainwalker Creations. He does excellent work and has a great reputation for making kydex for some very nice knives. His work is very well known on the Scrapyard Knives forum.

[email protected]

You can find his website on google.

</div></div>

I checked his sight but all the Kydex sheaths shown are for knives without bolsters.

If you by chance wanted leather, Sullivan's in Tampa Fla makes all Randall's sheaths. I wanted a spare for my 14 and he had one in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phideaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">doesn't matter if knife has bolsters or finger guards, the kydex can be formed around it. i make 'em all the time for knives with guards. </div></div>

Do you have any pics of some with bolsters as large as on a Randall? How long does the tension hold in the material? </div></div>

Have no pics handy, but Kydex will retain it's tension no matter what the material it's molded around. It retains tension on all the steel framed pistols and revolvers i've made holsters for as well as a Randall Sasquatch Bowie with brass guard i did earlier this year. Kydex is really easy to work with, you could get a sheet and do it yourself easily at home. PM me if you need any ifo on doing it yourself.

From the BLADE-TECH FAQs:

Question

Do you make custom items?

Answer:

Yes, for those you will need to give us a call,write or fax your request. Price depends on the project. Custom items usually take quite a bit longer than standard items.

Give them a call. They did a great sheath for me, but it was back in 2001 when I was stationed at Fort Lewis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phideaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phideaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">doesn't matter if knife has bolsters or finger guards, the kydex can be formed around it. i make 'em all the time for knives with guards. </div></div>

Do you have any pics of some with bolsters as large as on a Randall? How long does the tension hold in the material? </div></div>

Have no pics handy, but Kydex will retain it's tension no matter what the material it's molded around. It retains tension on all the steel framed pistols and revolvers i've made holsters for as well as a Randall Sasquatch Bowie with brass guard i did earlier this year. Kydex is really easy to work with, you could get a sheet and do it yourself easily at home. PM me if you need any ifo on doing it yourself. </div></div>

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longebow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the BLADE-TECH FAQs:

Question

Do you make custom items?

Answer:

Yes, for those you will need to give us a call,write or fax your request. Price depends on the project. Custom items usually take quite a bit longer than standard items.

Give them a call. They did a great sheath for me, but it was back in 2001 when I was stationed at Fort Lewis. </div></div>

Thanks