• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Kydex OWB holster for Glock 19/26

TravisP

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
Missouri
Would like to get suggestions on a good OWB kydex belt holster that would fit both a Glock 19 and 26. My wife is going to be taking a womens handgun clinic/class and she needs a kydex owb holster for her 26 for the class. I happen to have a 19 and if I could find a holster that both would fit, I could use the thing as well. Would like a good one but not break the bank if you know what I mean. I carry conceal mostly so its not like the thing would be used a ton but would still be nice to have one that both would fit. Thanks in advance.

I guess i should have asked you all if anyone even makes a owb kydex holster that fit 19/26. Thanks

I only have the cheapo fit all belt holsters that go owb. The only good holster i have is a iwb king tuck for the 19. The 26 does fit in it ok. When i go to the websites of the manufacturers they list some holsters that fit the 17 and 19 but the 26 is not included in that

Look up Henry holsters on Facebook. He's out of Lubbock,TX and does great work and very fast shipping.

Get a kydex holster for your 19 and the 26 will fit it just fine, just a bit long in the barrel area. Try your local gun shop if they have a selection and test fit them in there. Most will permit that if you ask.

Thanks for the suggestions. Think I am going to get and open ended galco kydex. That way both the 19 and 26 will fit. Thanks again.

Try them out and see. I have a gen 2 26 and a gen 4 17. They require different holsters per-say, but both fit the holsters I have. One of them is the Blackhawk! Serpa. It is for the 17 but the 26 fits in it the same. Barrel just doesnt come down flush to bottom of holster. Since the 17 is shorter than my 19, I would imagine it would be a closer fit.

before you buy a holster for both of you to use, I would recommend that you and your wife try them n, and see how they work. Because women's hips are shaped so much differently than a mans (YIPPEE FOR THAT) where the holster fits on the hips and how it effects the draw stroke vary greatly. A holster that works really well for one of you, probably will have a mediocre fit at best for the other one. This is especially true for a CCW holster.

A woman's belt loops often position the holster so the butt of the gun is rather dramatically pointed into her waist, requiring her to bend her body strongly to the side in order to keep the pistol from hitting her just under the ribs. A holster that fits her well, will probably "print" quite prominently for you.

I used to be a firearms instructor for an agency that had a number of women who needed to carry concealed. There are a few really nice holsters made for women, but not nearly as many as for men. Coming up with a holster design for women that is comfortable, secure, easy to draw from, and conceals well is somewhat like turning lead into gold. There were 4 qualifications I noted (comfortable, secure, easy to draw from, conceals well)...pick any three and there are lots of holsters. If I could design a holster that hit all four, I could make plenty of money off it.

Raven Concealment or JM custom kydex.

I just bought a Raven Concealment used for $30 and it works great. I have a ton of holsters, but this one will get some use when I carry my G 26 or G 27.

I love my Galco holsters as well, but I think you will prefer the Raven. Like FR stated above......

For Kydex, try Comp Tac, I have used them in both competition and for concealed carry. I like the paddle speed holster with an FBI cant, you can either get a model specific holster or one holster that will fit 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 sig/10mm, just adjust the tension screws.

Check out Crown Holsters, their quality is on par with Raven, prices are good, and their lead time is only 3 weeks. Beats the hell out of 4-6 months.