• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

L115a3????? Vs aw

In reading this articles it states that price for the military version of this rifle is USD 38k. I am wondering why the civilian version is comparatively four times less expensive. I can't imagine there is much difference in accuracy or capability?

Accuracy International's L115A3 sniper rifle does it again ? six kills from one bullet

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Presumably the L115A3 comes as a "system", with all the accessories like suppressor, bipod, scope, etc rather than just the rifle itself. So the $38K, I'm sure, is for the whole system.

However, the numbers still don't completely add up.

AW rifle - $7500
S&B Scope - $4000
Suppressor - $5000
Bipod - $300
Pelican Case - $500
Extra mags - $1000 for 10
Sling - $200
Other "stuff" - $2000

I'm still only coming up with ~ $20K. What does the other almost $20K come from? Is the mil spec rifle that much different than an AI AW?

Every L115A3 sold includes a Limited Edition Beach Assault Ford Fiesta as part of the package, accounting for approximately $17,800 USD. The remaining $200 is invested in a 2-month emergency supply of field deployable Twinkies in case Hostess ever goes out of business again.

Field review of the "L.E.B.A." Ford Fiesta

Last edited:
Every L115A3 sold includes a Limited Edition Beach Assault Ford Fiesta as part of the package, accounting for approximately $17,800 USD. The remaining $200 is invested in a 2-month emergency supply of field deployable Twinkies in case Hostess ever goes out of business again.

Field review of the "L.E.B.A." Ford Fiesta

I almost peed my pants.

OK, I know now to watch for your posts.

If that price listed on the site is for real, then I would hope it is part of a system. But you cannot tally the costs of each individual item and have them add up to the cost. I can assure you though, that there is no difference in the performance of a military stamped rifle over a civilian production one. Barrett military stamped 107s cost more than an M82 or civilian 107. No difference other than a stamp. The military ones are just harder to come by, and you are paying a premium for a collectible. No other reason. I for one wouldn't shell out a hefty premium for a military stamped weapon.

That price includes the Simrad Image Intensifier and the STIC Thermal Imager sights - expensive toys!

the price don't only include rifle, we're speaking about deployment pack.

ADazCamimage000.jpg

with french snipers

British_and_French_Snipers_During_Ex_Boars_Head.jpg

Ah,that makes sense now. I knew it was a system price, but forgot about the night vision toys. Thx.