• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

L115a3????? Vs aw

In reading this articles it states that price for the military version of this rifle is USD 38k. I am wondering why the civilian version is comparatively four times less expensive. I can't imagine there is much difference in accuracy or capability?

Accuracy International's L115A3 sniper rifle does it again ? six kills from one bullet

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Presumably the L115A3 comes as a "system", with all the accessories like suppressor, bipod, scope, etc rather than just the rifle itself. So the $38K, I'm sure, is for the whole system.

However, the numbers still don't completely add up.

AW rifle - $7500
S&B Scope - $4000
Suppressor - $5000
Bipod - $300
Pelican Case - $500
Extra mags - $1000 for 10
Sling - $200
Other "stuff" - $2000

I'm still only coming up with ~ $20K. What does the other almost $20K come from? Is the mil spec rifle that much different than an AI AW?

Every L115A3 sold includes a Limited Edition Beach Assault Ford Fiesta as part of the package, accounting for approximately $17,800 USD. The remaining $200 is invested in a 2-month emergency supply of field deployable Twinkies in case Hostess ever goes out of business again.

Field review of the "L.E.B.A." Ford Fiesta

Last edited:
Every L115A3 sold includes a Limited Edition Beach Assault Ford Fiesta as part of the package, accounting for approximately $17,800 USD. The remaining $200 is invested in a 2-month emergency supply of field deployable Twinkies in case Hostess ever goes out of business again.

Field review of the "L.E.B.A." Ford Fiesta

I almost peed my pants.

OK, I know now to watch for your posts.

If that price listed on the site is for real, then I would hope it is part of a system. But you cannot tally the costs of each individual item and have them add up to the cost. I can assure you though, that there is no difference in the performance of a military stamped rifle over a civilian production one. Barrett military stamped 107s cost more than an M82 or civilian 107. No difference other than a stamp. The military ones are just harder to come by, and you are paying a premium for a collectible. No other reason. I for one wouldn't shell out a hefty premium for a military stamped weapon.

That price includes the Simrad Image Intensifier and the STIC Thermal Imager sights - expensive toys!

the price don't only include rifle, we're speaking about deployment pack.

ADazCamimage000.jpg

with french snipers

British_and_French_Snipers_During_Ex_Boars_Head.jpg

Ah,that makes sense now. I knew it was a system price, but forgot about the night vision toys. Thx.