• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision L3Harris BNVD (PVS-31) Now Available for Commercial Sale at TNVC!

So, I got my 31As from TNVC on Thursday. I think I might have pestered them so much about delivery times that they just gave in and sent them over even before they had them in inventory. I haven't had a lot of time on them yet, just about thirty minutes two times out, so it isn't much of a review, but here it goes.

So why did I get these? I have had 31s before, so I knew what I was getting, but the opportunity to have a set with a warranty was appealing to me. So with that as preamble, the goggles arrived exactly as you would expect them to. Full kit, packed nicely in the multicam bag. The two differences between this and others I have had, is that these came with spec sheets, and they came with the piece of mind that I knew L3 wanted me to have them, and that L3 would take care of them for me if something went wrong. For me, this is huge. It is probably unreasonable fear, but there you go. Anybody who knows me know that I am a little nuts.

So, how are they? They are great. The tubes are very clean with one small spot in one tube. They are 72 line pair, 37 and 37.1 SNR. The spot specs for these are, as far as I can tell, identical to UM L3s. The biggest difference, so far, is that there is almost no fixed pattern noise. As in you can't even find it if you look for it. Very impressive. The two nights I have been out have had moons, but I have been out after sundown and before moon up, so pretty dark conditions, though we have had good starlight. These are probably the brightest tubes I've seen through. I am never sure whether I think 31 optics are better or worse than 14s, but these are very clear. Driving a side by side with them, without additional IR was a piece of cake, and when I flipped on the 940s even better. As with all 31s, they are light and comfortable, and easy to wear. I haven't had them much under tree cover because we still have pretty damn deep snow, but soon.

So, it isn't much of a review, but I figured I better get it out, because TNVC was pretty damn awesome at getting these out to me quickly. I think I like 31s more than other goggles I have. I also really like my DTNVSs. What is great, though, is the piece of mind from having something that we were all wanting though were very hard to get clean, with warranty. The sheets are nice as well, though I am less of a stickler for sheets than some other people. Anyway, thanks to TNVC, Vic and my girl Jaimie. These came good and quick. Cheap I can't say, but there yougo.
Thank you for the kind words and glad you're liking the 31's. So glad we finally got the "restricted gear" out to the commerical market, that has taken several years to get to this point.

Also, you and everyone else can feel free to pester us any time you all need to. This is what we're here for....We always try to bring the very best in customer service before during and after the sale. Thanks again for your business and trust with the TNVC offerings.

Dude!!! That's so awesome!!!!
Glad to hear you're impressed and happy with them.

God I am so excited to get mine in.
I hear another batch, FDE I believe, arrives today at TNVC. Woot woot!!!

It's so crazy because this is definitely the hardest wait in a while.

Glad you're enjoying them and that you got them so quickly. Excellent write-up!

Look forward to getting them and I'll do a quick write up also
All vSHOTT Special PVS-31's shipped, arriving tomorrow! My guess by time they arrive, we should be shipping this Wed! Exciting times await for so many!!

All vSHOTT Special PVS-31's shipped, arriving tomorrow! My guess by time they arrive, we should be shipping this Wed! Exciting times await for so many!!
Stoked to get mine. I've waited 5+ years for the PVS-31's to be available commercially. Thanks bringing this to fruition!

Ha. Fedex has decided that an ice storm in Texas a month ago is perfect reason to delay everything in the US, no matter if it goes anywhere near Texas.

Reactions: TheHorta
The Eagle has landed!!

ALL vSHOTT special edition PVS-31's have arrived. Some quick shipping today most others shipping tomorrow.

A LOT of units getting FedEx labels created along with inspecting each and every unit for operation and tube inspection. Even though we of course don't build these in-house, we still go through EVERY system and inspect. Some in the past think with battery packaging opened their gear was somehow used. This is never the case, but simply us wanting to be sure everything is perfect from the (L3) factory.

Thanks to everyone who have ordered...LONG overdue these are finally available commercially!

The Eagle has landed!!

ALL vSHOTT special edition PVS-31's have arrived. Some quick shipping today most others shipping tomorrow.

A LOT of units getting FedEx labels created along with inspecting each and every unit for operation and tube inspection. Even though we of course don't build these in-house, we still go through EVERY system and inspect. Some in the past think with battery packaging opened their gear was somehow used. This is never the case, but simply us wanting to be sure everything is perfect from the (L3) factory.

Thanks to everyone who have ordered...LONG overdue these are finally available commercially!

Positively AWESOME news. Can’t wait to get my minty fresh PVS31a.

Reactions: Fr33dom
A small sample of the vSHOTT Special PVS-31 arrivals! Thank you to all who have ordered. You're gonna love these and we're extremley happy we got these to the commercial market!

PVS31_Arrivala-1861003.jpg

PVS31_Arrival-1860997.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Dvlray6
A small sample of the vSHOTT Special PVS-31 arrivals! Thank you to all who have ordered. You're gonna love these and we're extremley happy we got these to the commercial market!

PVS31_Arrivala-1861003.jpg

PVS31_Arrival-1860997.jpg
Oh snap!!!!
Can't wait to get that Tracking Number!
I know I'm not alone when I say we will be staying up late the next few weeks.

Now to save up for E-COTI.

Oh snap!!!!
Can't wait to get that Tracking Number!
I know I'm not alone when I say we will be staying up late the next few weeks.

Now to save up for E-COTI.
Update got the tracking information.
Will arrive tomorrow.
They are only 4 hrs away...
You guys rock!!!

Wow! Unbelievably fantastic! FedEx just dropped my goodness off. Perfect and fresh with smokin tubes with all the low weight functionality of the PVS31a. Can’t believe how light they are vs my Sentinels. Came with the complete kit, cables, and battery pack with the matching Mohawk as advertised. My mount for the e-coti is on the way.

S/N - 38.3 / 36.6
Res - 72 / 72
FOM - 2758 / 2635
EBI - 0.9 / 0.8
Halo - 0.74 / 0.64
Zero blems in zone 1, 2, or 3.

Thank you Vic and team for the rapid, smooth, and unbelievably fantastic experience. Shouldn’t be surprising since all my TNVC buys are that way. Can’t wait to get my 2376 min FOM CNVD-LR now! The 31s will be on my face for the class in April in Vegas baby!

I’ll post a more thorough review with pics in following days.

Wow! Unbelievably fantastic! FedEx just dropped my goodness off. Perfect and fresh with smokin tubes with all the low weight functionality of the PVS31a. Can’t believe how light they are vs my Sentinels. Came with the complete kit, cables, and battery pack with the matching Mohawk as advertised. My mount for the e-coti is on the way.

S/N - 38.3 / 36.6
Res - 72 / 72
FOM - 2758 / 2635
EBI - 0.9 / 0.8
Halo - 0.74 / 0.64

Thank you Vic and team for the rapid, smooth, and unbelievably fantastic experience. Shouldn’t be surprising since all my TNVC buys are that way. Can’t wait to get my 2376 min FOM CNVD-LR now! The 31s will be on my face for the class in April in Vegas baby!

I’ll post a more thorough review with pics in following days.
Very jealous, those sound amazing. Bummed the 1531s I ordered at the same time aren’t expected till June, guess that’s what I get for being different. Got me seriously reconsidering things...

Those are some really great specs. That 38 SNR tho 😎 snap some through the tube pics

S/N - 38.3 / 36.6
Res - 72 / 72
FOM - 2758 / 2635
EBI - 0.9 / 0.8
Halo - 0.74 / 0.64

I’ll post a more thorough review with pics in following days

FedEx is really dropping the ball... a LOT.

I’ve paid thousands in overnight charges only to wait days or sometimes a full week, a good 30% of the time. They dropped their service guarantee because “COVID”, so I’ve paid $200 for overnight when ground would’ve been faster.

Time to go back to UPS.

Received both today. FedEx didn't update delivered status and had to pick them up at warehouse.

First one above

Then the second pair. Below

Specs aren't too shabby, I'll let you know tonight how they are.

PXL_20210313_200148846.jpg

They were both cut open enough to check battery and spec sheets, possibly pull them out but the cut was quite small. Expected since I read on a forum from TNVC that they like to check them out and make sure everything is good before sent out.

Excited to use them and see how they compare to the ones at work.
Spec wise they are a little lower than work, but still above the 2376 which is why I picked these.
Especially since the wife is used to flying in them and has gotten picky lol.
We will see how she likes the surprise.

All in all I'm happy so far.
The mohawks came in and they seem nice and compact and built quite nice.

This is just a super quick 5 min look over and update, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Will update more soon.

Last edited:
Received both today. FedEx didn't update delivered status and had to pick them up at warehouse.
View attachment 7580528View attachment 7580529
First one above

Then the second pair. Below
View attachment 7580530View attachment 7580531

Specs aren't too shabby, I'll let you know tonight how they are.

View attachment 7580533

They were both cut open enough to check battery and spec sheets, possibly pull them out but the cut was quite small. Expected since I read on a forum from TNVC that they like to check them out.

Excited to use them and see how they compare to the ones at work.
Spec wise they are a little lower than work, but still above the 2376 which is why I picked these.
Especially since the wife is used to flying in them and has gotten picky lol.
We will see how she likes the surprise.

All in all I'm happy so far.
The mohawks came in and they seem nice and compact and built quite nice.

This is just a super quick 5 min look over and update, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Enjoy what the spec sheet looks like and some pictures.

Will update more soon.

Very nice!

I will do a better write up soon

things i have learned so far in a roughly 15 mins of playing.

YOU WILL WANT
- Wilcox PVS-31a Interface Shoe to connect to the G-24 (In my opinion the Wilcox Shoe Interface is mandatory)
The factory Shoe that comes on the PVS-31a will be just a hair loose and will drive you bonkers without retention cord pulling on them.
This Wilcox Interface Shoe connects perfectly to the G-24 with no wiggle or slack.

Also, I need to do more testing and play with them more but the FIRST pair are excellent and clean.
They have 2 small "blems" in the left eye in zone 2 and none in the right

The SECOND pair 3 small "blems" in the left zone 2 and close to 1 and in the right eye 2 very small "blems" in zone 3, the noise is ever so slightly worse, but not bad . I want to look these over again to give it a fair shot since again it was a quick look.

This is just my initial 15 Minute look over and playing with them and from memory so I need to play with them more
This is by no means an examination or anything like that or even nitpicking since I just connected them and turned them on to check them out.

I will play with them more and report back when once I am home again.

(UPDATE) I was just informed,
"Please don't post pics of data sheets online, ITAR stuff. You can transcribe the numbers but not copies of the sheets"

Just so everyone else is aware.

Thanks

Last edited: