• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

L42A1 & Enforcer reloading

Happy new year to all of you :)

Hmm... . What about the GGG 155 gr-Match-Ammo in the rifles above ? It seems to be - a more or less - trendy ammo. Nowadays.

Which became a Issue-Match-Ammo in UK. Some Years ago, 2014 IMHO.

.308 Win. GGG 155 grs BTHP Match.jpg

And there are some older L42 A1-Style-Conversion-Enfields still today in use as Target Rifles.

Could anybody test this ammo in a L42 A-Enfield, perhaps. Not all can or may reload their ammo.. .

There is another interesting 155 gr Factory-Match-Load: the Hornady 155 gr BTHP. In a barrel in the L42 A1-Style she reached 2775 f/s or 845 m/s MV.
That should be a mild loading :)

If you reload for an L42a1 can i suggest looking at 4064? I have a replica fitted with dimensionally similar Sportco produced barrel and a Mark 3 scope. The previous owner tried Win748 and 4064 / 2208, with a 155 grain Sierra Palma i regularly see sub 1 inch groups at 100 meters. Incidentally the previous owner has a genuine L42a1, it has a definite preference for Win 748.

If you reload for an L42a1 can i suggest looking at 4064? I have a replica fitted with dimensionally similar Sportco produced barrel and a Mark 3 scope. The previous owner tried Win748 and 4064 / 2208, with a 155 grain Sierra Palma i regularly see sub 1 inch groups at 100 meters. Incidentally the previous owner has a genuine L42a1, it has a definite preference for Win 748.
Thanks, Rock Chucker. That sounds really interesting. Because I can't remember such a handload-info before.. I saw some of them.. .

Is a pic from your replica possible ?

Win748... Wait a moment.. I'll search something... .