• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LA Police Gear misleading ads

workingman1976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
Hello my fello Forum members. On 12/31/09 I purchsed two pairs of 5.11 Tactical Pants from La Police Gear. The website stated purchase one pair on a selected type of pants, and recieve a free belt and tac od green bail out bag. So I purchased two pairs of pants. I checked on my order today, and there was no bail out bag in my order. I called La Police Gear to ask what the problem was, and some female customer service rep. told me the offer was only good until 12/21/09. The website ad I seen cleared did not say that. It stated while supplies last. I asked the rep. at the time of purchase several times will I recieve my bail out bags with this order. I got yes yes, and yes. I called today, and I got the run around about my order, and then the rep. I spoke to today stated the offer exp. on the 21st of December. As she was telling me this I was looking right at the ad off their website, and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Five minutes past (keep in mind the count meter on my cell states 25 minutes now), the same rep says all the managers are in a meeting. So I got transfered to Nichole at La Police Gears voice mail. I left her a message, and a hour went by so far, and nothing. I only usually shop for this very reason from forum sponsored websites, but I thought hell a free bail out bag per pair of pants is a hell of a deal. The funny thing is I was mislead. If the ad is over so be it. Take it off your website asap. I am sure I am not the only guy in America who said hell that is a great deal bought some pants, and for f*cked over. So my options are the following. I get a manager to send me what I thought I was getting originally, or I just send back what I purchase, write a review of what happened to me on this forum, and never buy off them again. Here is the link to the ad that mislead me on 12/31/09. http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapa.html

Re: LA Police Gear misleading ads

looks like a free bag should have been sent, I would wait and speak with a manager and see what they say,

I had a similar problem with them it was regarding the date a sale was over. Once I spoke with the Customer Service Manager the prices were adjusted. I've purchased multiple items from them with very positive results. Hope your issue is resolved.

I sent their customer service an e-mail asking about it. We'll see what they say. I told them I won't buy anything from a site that doesn't stick by their word and/or advertisements. theres no expiration date anywhere on there that I saw.

Had a similar experience a couple of years ago. "Buy two get one free." When I didn't received the freebie, I called and asked. Rep said it was a specific color and they were out of stock and would not be getting more. Went back and looked at the ad and there was no mention of any restrictions, color or otherwise. I mentioned I could have purchased elsewhere at a better price and they agreed to take five dollars off the total bill. I sent an email, but was ignored.

I still get their catalogs and use them to line the trash can. Too many reputable companies to deal with someone you can't trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Too many reputable companies to deal with someone you can't trust. </div></div>

+1 - They lost my business a couple of years ago.

I thought that Calif. has some very specific and punitive false advertising laws?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent their customer service an e-mail asking about it. We'll see what they say. I told them I won't buy anything from a site that doesn't stick by their word and/or advertisements. theres no expiration date anywhere on there that I saw.</div></div>

No Sh*t The customer service lady I spoke to my pc was bad and I should learn to clean out my cookies to see what she is seeing on the website. I told her off at that point. I got a email from them earlier with a confirmation number I am getting my 2 bail out bags only after I complained. I didnt get a call back from the managers or a email with a simple sorry. I think that is a piss poor company and I will never do business with them ever again once I get all stuff

Here's the response I got:

"Good Afternoon Adam

The promotion did end but then by popular demand it was brought back. However promotions end without notification on our site."

so I replied:

"But there's no expiration date on the site and the promotion is still there as if it's good. And this guy even called to ensure the promotion was still good, was told it was, then didn't recieve the merchandise as promised. Therefore, he was lied to twice. In my eyes, that's not the way to run a business or treat a customer. And I'm pretty sure everyone else on this pro police/pro military forum thinks the same way.

Customer service really makes a company, that's good, or bad..."

They probably think their customer base is big enough that my opinion doesn't stand for shit, but we'll see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the response I got:

"Good Afternoon Adam

The promotion did end but then by popular demand it was brought back. However promotions end without notification on our site."

so I replied:

"But there's no expiration date on the site and the promotion is still there as if it's good. And this guy even called to ensure the promotion was still good, was told it was, then didn't recieve the merchandise as promised. Therefore, he was lied to twice. In my eyes, that's not the way to run a business or treat a customer. And I'm pretty sure everyone else on this pro police/pro military forum thinks the same way.

Customer service really makes a company, that's good, or bad..."

They probably think their customer base is big enough that my opinion doesn't stand for shit, but we'll see.
</div></div>

I want to thank you for the effort no one wants to be bullshyted by some online company with misleading website ads. To top it all off I never got the free 5.11 hat, and knee pads with purchasing two pairs of 5.11 pants so i called about that and britney in customer service said the ads says free hat and free la police gear travel mug. I told her no I am looking at it right now it is a free hat and free kneepads. She said no your wrong I YOU KNOW WHAT F THIS PLACE send me whatever i`m done with you people

Wait until you receive the bags and realize how much time and effort you've wasted.

I have had nothing but problems when I ordered from them. I spend my money elsewhere, and let them keep their 'free' shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait until you receive the bags and realize how much time and effort you've wasted.

</div></div>

so the bail out bags suck?

I stopped doing business with LAPG a couple years ago as I was unable to order anything that wasn't on backorder. Of course I didn't find that out until a week after I placed a few different orders.

Originally LAPG was a good alternative to Botach but not any more. If your looking for a bailout bag www.countycomm.com sells them. I believe there the supplier/importer of that bag. For 20 bucks or whatever those bags cost now there actually a good value. I pick one up every couple years when the old one gets beat up.

Like my grandad has always told me.

"Son, all the free stuff you get in this world is free for a reason, its all shit."

I always took that as the old saying never go to the grocery store and by steaks that are on sale.... I would get your pants then say FOOK them! your not out any money over a free bag.

What annoys me with LAPG is their "closeouts" that are always on backorder.

If they're closeouts, and you are out of stock, why are you getting on another shipment?

I am on the phone with La Police Gear right now as I type I never recieved a email on the shipping info. The rep is telling me she gotta contact the warehouse to see if they got the shipping info. She claims it was mailing out yesterday. I also am trying to find out about the hat and mug they owe me as well. Also I never got a call back from the manager. I just requested to be transfered to her voicemail again. So lets see what happens now. I just hung up with Nichole the manager she claims I will be recieving the tracking number for the 2 bailout bags and the 2nd package for the hat, and knee pads sometime today. So time will tell on this one.

Many times these "freebies" are through the manufacturer, and not the dealer. You get the product you ordered, and find a coupon of some sort to fill out and send to the manufacturer to get your "freebies" sent to you. I don't list the freebies on my site, as it is just too hard for me to keep up with. I just consider it a nice "surprise" to my customers when they get the coupons. I carry the 5.11 stuff guys, so let me know if I can assist with anything. Thanks.

Donnie

Her response:

"What order # are you referring too?"

Francine L.

[email protected]

Customer Service Team Member

She probably thinks I'm complaining about MY order. Thats funny how they seem to see different things on the website than anyone else. I just looked at it. Free hat, kneepads, and an ad right under that for free bail out bag. hmm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Her response:

"What order # are you referring too?"

Francine L.

[email protected]

Customer Service Team Member

She probably thinks I'm complaining about MY order. Thats funny how they seem to see different things on the website than anyone else. I just looked at it. Free hat, kneepads, and an ad right under that for free bail out bag. hmm.
</div></div>

i spoke to nichole the manager so she claims I am getting the kneepads and hat in shipment number 3, and my 2 bailout bags in shipment number 2

This lady is driving my nuts, They are obviously looking at a different ad/site than I am. she says:

"After over looking the add for the promotion (the link you provided) it states promotion will end 12/21 or til supplies last. So the add did have an expiration date listed. However have the customer contact us and we will deal with him regarding this matter."

I looked over that page several times, and I'm not saying there is no expiration date on there, but if there is, I sure as hell don't see it. It says while supplies last. What a joke.

Strange as it may be I always get my stuff from them really fast. I've even had good luck with Botach. Otherewise nothing goes my way.

I hear you garand, same here, but I don't like hearing about people getting jerked around when they are obviously right. And lied to on top of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1943m1garand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strange as it may be I always get my stuff from them really fast. I've even had good luck with Botach. Otherewise nothing goes my way. </div></div>

No one gets them all wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This lady is driving my nuts, They are obviously looking at a different ad/site than I am. she says:

"After over looking the add for the promotion (the link you provided) it states promotion will end 12/21 or til supplies last. So the add did have an expiration date listed. However have the customer contact us and we will deal with him regarding this matter."

I looked over that page several times, and I'm not saying there is no expiration date on there, but if there is, I sure as hell don't see it. It says while supplies last. What a joke.

</div></div>

The b*tch told me the same thing. There is no exp. date on the ad. I have no idea what ad they are looking at. Also I did not get a email with tracking number as I was promised. I knew this was going to happen. I will be blowing up their phones all morning until I get a tracking number tommorrow. I personally think (if you want to) that people on here and other forums should start sending them emails and call complaining about their service.

My brother did the pants/bailout bags/belt offer and everything came in and was fine. The BO bag is nothing to rave about, but it is a nice piece of kit to keep your windmeter and other possibles in.

I hate to hear that about LAP Gear.

update I got a email on the 2nd package tracking number, but not the 3rd just yet. It might be possible that all the items I.E. the 2 bailout bags, hat, and knee pads are in one box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This lady is driving my nuts, They are obviously looking at a different ad/site than I am. she says:

</div></div>

Take a screenshot and send it to them, asking her where she sees the expiration date.

Update I recieved my 1st box from La Police Gear minus the 2 bail out bags, hat, and knee pads. I got tracking numbers on 2 more boxes, and I should recieve them on Monday and Tuesday. They had to spend money on shipping 3 times, and if they would of just gotten my order right the 1st time they would not be paying for 3 shipments.

Wow i just thought about this, La Police Gear also misleads you in this ad. They offer a free bail out bag with a 5.11 tactical pants. That is the carrot here is the stick, you would think your getting a 5.11 bail out bag, wrong. Its a La police Gear bail out bag, but they dont mention that, because they want you to think its a 5.11 bail out bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife uses that bag to hold diapers.

</div></div>

lol i might use it as a range bag

I tried to get a holster from them back in 2008, a simple purchase became a nightmare! I got my money (debit card) back and have never looked at their site again, one of the worst in customer service.

I just placed an order with them last week and I couldn't be any happier.

I stacked 3 sales into one and I'll break it down for ya

Sale 1:
But 5.11 Tac Lite/Covert Pants get free bail out bag get free belt

Sale 2: But Two 5.11 Pants (tac lite/covert) and get a free pair of covert 5.11 shorts

Sale 3: Buy any two 5.11 pants get free shipping, return shipping, free hat, and free knee pads

And got 10% by using promo code "tweet" (might be expired)

So for about $72 and change I got:

1) 5.11 Tac Light Pants
2) bail out bag
3) belt
4) 5.11 tac light pants
5) bail out bag
6) belt
7) 5.11 covert shorts
8) 5.11 hat
9) 5.11 knee pads
10) free shipping

photo15.jpg

I ordered a couple pairs of pants from the closeout section...got an email a few days later that said they canceled my order, out of stock. The web site still lists the product I ordered.