• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lab Radar 3.5 mm Jack Replacement

Mikey91114

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2023
New Mexico
Good evening all

I was looking for information from anyone who has had to replace the 3.5mm audio jack on their lab radar. The jack is connected to a circut board but I was looking for information to direct wire the 4 wires directly to a replacement jack. My radar is way out of warranty so I thought I would try it myself. If anyone has done this with success or has a wiring diagramnor picture it would begr3atly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 70838634027__C4667A4F-FDEC-4E6B-8053-509A31D6C067.jpeg
    70838634027__C4667A4F-FDEC-4E6B-8053-509A31D6C067.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 55
You may be able to find the same jack at Mouser, Digikey, ..... and remove that jack from the PCB and solder a new one on. Plugging a 3.5mm audio plug in there and determine which pin on the connector goes to which spot on the plug. Then you can map out where each of the wires need to go on your new direct wire connector. There could be something special in the current connector that will not support direct wiring a new 3.5mm audio jack on there. Are there any part numbers on the black jack part ? Have you asked Labradar if they will sell you that part ?

Thanks guys for the responses. @Annex Defense i do beleive you are right that does look like the correct one. I got one on order and hopefully it will work. @missed i have not contacted lab radar as of yet. What I ended up doing was holding a flashlight under the board on each side and noted where the connectors in the board go to the pins on the jack. I didn't notice any breaks or y breaks on the board that connect the wires to the posts on the jack. I am not well versed on circut boards but with that information I will try and solder directly to the jack. Thank you guys for the response I will update this mess when I get the new jack.

The cutsheet @Annex Defense referenced has 4 different models on it. The correct model will still have to be determined. There are different internal contact and switch arrangements that are in the same connector package. There should be some information on that switch somewhere, unless someone got sneaky and removed it. That would be a simple device to de-solder and solder a new one in.