• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LABRADAR "FATAL ERROR" MESSAGE

gunfrog

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Northern Virginia
Brought my MRAD 338 on her first range trip. Hoped to zero, chrono, and "break in" . 2 out of 3 aint bad. My Labradar stopped working and displayed this error message. " Fatal error, contact manufacture". Which I will do. But have any of you guys encountered this? Was there an easy fix?

On the plus side, gunshot great and was throwing significantly less copper in the barrel after 5 rounds.

Reactions: 338dude
I had this problem a few years back. I thought i broke it from too much muzzle blast. Tried what was suggested and started working again. 3 years on and still going. Also try another sd card if it doesn't work. I vaguely remember my unit didn't like a particular card. Hope this helps.

Sent: Tuesday, 24 April 2018 11:29:42 PM
Subject:RE: Internal Fatal Error

Harvey,

Is there an SD Card in your device? If so please take your SD card out and see if that resolves the issue. If it does not display the error, please check to make sure that the sliding mechanism that locks/unlocks the SD Card is in the fully unlocked position. Then reinsert the card and see if the problem has been resolved.

Best regards,

TCK, LLC, Exclusive Distributor of Labradar
www.mylabradar.com

LabRadar - My Personal Radar
www.mylabradar.com
LabRadar is the world’s newest technology in obtaining projectile velocities of Rifles, Shotguns (slugs only), Handguns, Pellet Guns, BB Guns, Bow & Arrows, Crossbows, Paintball.

www.buymylabradar.com
316-866-2525

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018 5:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Internal Fatal Error

Hi,

I am getting an 'Internal Fatal Error' on my Lab Radar purchased on 5/4/17 . Could you pkease advise if there's anything i can do to resolve the issue? Thanks

Regards,

I had this problem a few years back. I thought i broke it from too much muzzle blast. Tried what was suggested and started working again. 3 years on and still going. Also try another sd card if it doesn't work. I vaguely remember my unit didn't like a particular card. Hope this helps.

Sent: Tuesday, 24 April 2018 11:29:42 PM
Subject:RE: Internal Fatal Error

Harvey,

Is there an SD Card in your device? If so please take your SD card out and see if that resolves the issue. If it does not display the error, please check to make sure that the sliding mechanism that locks/unlocks the SD Card is in the fully unlocked position. Then reinsert the card and see if the problem has been resolved.

Best regards,

TCK, LLC, Exclusive Distributor of Labradar
www.mylabradar.com

LabRadar - My Personal Radar
www.mylabradar.com
LabRadar is the world’s newest technology in obtaining projectile velocities of Rifles, Shotguns (slugs only), Handguns, Pellet Guns, BB Guns, Bow & Arrows, Crossbows, Paintball.

www.buymylabradar.com
316-866-2525

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018 5:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Internal Fatal Error

Hi,

I am getting an 'Internal Fatal Error' on my Lab Radar purchased on 5/4/17 . Could you pkease advise if there's anything i can do to resolve the issue? Thanks

Regards,
Thank you Harveyn! Your advice fixed it, I am back in business.

I just got this error. I don’t use an SD card in mine.
983B8B99-6697-4E0F-B86B-CA121862146C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
I had to delete all the data on my LR memory and on the card as well as update the firmware. New firmware didn’t help until I deleted all the stored data.

I believe you can also get that error using an external battery pack that is capable of outputs over 5V.

I believe you can also get that error using an external battery pack that is capable of outputs over 5V.
I use an external battery pack. I’ve had two different ones. Not sure what the output is. But both worked fine before.

Got it fixed. So when I updated mine last I used an SD card. Forgot all about it.

Received an email back saying to download the older software and install it. Then download the newest software and install it. That will fix it. I tried several times and it would work. So I swapped the SD card started the process over. Fixed the issue.

Mine was reluctant to connect my phone.
It gave internal fatal error after restarting it.

After the first session it I could not get all data out, the BT connection froze out of nowhere and it refused to reconnect. I restarted it and it stayed on for 3-4 secs, to show the boot screen and then shut down. Checked all powers, cables etc.. nothing wrong.

After resting it started again and stayed on, but bluetooth is no longer working at all, turned out I needed to pair again. Which is odd.
---Even after pairing it is refusing to connect, bluetooth icon won't turn on. After power on it stays for few secs but then vanishes.
---Wild, I just was giving up, closed the screen where it connects and loads data from the unit and as result the connection formed.
--Oh well, it crashed too after 10 seconds or so.

My guess is back to shop for exchange to another..

Last edited: