• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Labradar

Well, it work ok with bluetooth. But my iphone was always off or the screen was off.
Complete waste of time, ended up just using the labradar and forget about the iphone.

Reactions: 021411
Well, it work ok with bluetooth. But my iphone was always off or the screen was off.
Complete waste of time, ended up just using the labradar and forget about the iphone.
Yup I don’t use the phone feature either. More of a hassle. Maybe it works better with phones you can set where the screen doesn’t time out.

Are u guys having Bluetooth disconnecting issues? The Labradar seems to work fine, but after a few shots, it disconnects from my phone...sometimes after the first shot. Frustrating part is it won't reconnect again until I power cycle the Labradar and the the app. Even still, sometime it won't reconnect.

Also quite annoying if the Labradar doesn't catch the shot and shows "error", the app won't let me reset, have to hit the enter from the Labradar itself

Yup the BT app is buggy, seems if the phone goes to sleep or you walk away it looses connectivity.
When that happens I just force stop the app, then restart the app and connectivity resumes.

It also appears that labradar is in no hurry to fix the app.

But I still use it all the time and it works.

With IOS you don’t need to restart the radar. If you lose connectivity, just disarm, blue lite on not yellow, then refresh the the connection from within the app.

It won’t reconnect when the radar is armed, yellow lite on.

Yea stupid shit, my phone reconnects to my car when I return so WTF labradar

All they need to do with the app is allow the app not allow the device to go into sleep mode. I believe most the video apps do this already.

Firmware 1.2.4 released as of 11/17. From the release notes:

"November 17th, 2018
Labradar firmware
Firmware A: v1.2.4
Firmware B: v1.0.0
Bug Fixes and improvements:
- Minor Bug fixes
- Fix a bug: battery level indicate that it was empty while on external usb battery pack.
- Fix a bug that was preventing the radar to be armed while on external usb battery pack."

@021411 - sorry just read the whole thread here, so I’m catching up. I also shoot 100% suppressed for all calibers, based on what you’ve experienced for a first chrono would you go MS?

Thank you. Any accessories yould recommend with the V3? Saw the xfr adapter...
FWIW, I shoot 95% suppressed as well and, if you use the microphone add on, the LR actually more stable/better than with unsuppressed rounds. I owned a MagnetoSpeedV3 prior and I liked it but hated the shift in POI and group size.

It has it's quirks at times but, frankly, being an to shoot for groups, load tune, target shoot and even shoot steel without shifting POI or barrel harmonics is worth its own weight in ammo.

I figure in the last 5 barrels I've used it with for tuning, I've saved about 300 rounds minimum by not having to shoot Chrono, then load tune, then Chrono check.

But I wish there was a better battery system, on/off button was hidden or harder to set off inside case and that it had ability to rename strings.

That’s how I am with the LR right now. I have to separate my load developing into two stages. Based on where I shoot, I have to remove myself away from the general population because the mic will trigger and give me an error from other shooters.
Had the Wiser mount been around back then that would have solved some issues.

@Subwrx300 - so you’re saying the microphone add on would help with suppressed strings of fire as well to make the lr a “better” option? Hopefully I got that right. Thanks for the help here.

The mic definitely helps but it can cause the LR to trigger and give you an error because of shots from other shooters. With that said it can get annoying. Again depends on where you shoot.

The mic definitely helps but it can cause the LR to trigger and give you an error because of shots from other shooters. With that said it can get annoying. Again depends on where you shoot.
Gotcha I saw you mentioned that in a few posts but assuming a quiet range that option would be ideal for a suppressed setup in your opinion?

Gotcha I saw you mentioned that in a few posts but assuming a quiet range that option would be ideal for a suppressed setup in your opinion?
In MY experience a quiet range is ideal. If you have access to a private range that would be ideal. Again YMMV but sometimes I just want to chrono and get out of there. I’ll get a V3 again one day. No need to worry about neighbors and I can chrono anywhere.

In MY experience a quiet range is ideal. If you have access to a private range that would be ideal. Again YMMV but sometimes I just want to chrono and get out of there. I’ll get a V3 again one day. No need to worry about neighbors and I can chrono anywhere.

If you leave it on highest intensity/sensitivity it will trigger radar for other shots, but not track anything. Turnjng down sensitivity to 7-8 and I was able to use live range with other people.

Alternatively, you can change the trigger source to Doppler and it will trigger from bullet entering the first few feet of the radar field. This works well with suppressed and with busy ranges and avoid the acoustic trigger.

But again like @021411 said, it depends on where and how you want to shoot. Both are good; if you don't we want to potentially shoot a bayonet or if you Chrono multiple people/rifles, I think the LR can do that faster in most cases.

The magneto is really easy to use as long as the spacing is set correctly and battery life on magneto is outstanding! But I didn't like the impact shift and change in group shape; I can't Chrono OCW or ladder test without affecting results.

So I switched to LR and while there have been hiccups and issues, no more than I'd expect from any product at that level of technology. Namely, getting radar pointed correctly to ensure good track of bullet, position of muzzle brakes, and offset distance for various calibers with stong brakes.

Reactions: TangoSierra916
@Subwrx300 - so you’re saying the microphone add on would help with suppressed strings of fire as well to make the lr a “better” option? Hopefully I got that right. Thanks for the help here.
Yes 1000% helps with suppressor. Night and day. It is a virtually necessity for suppressed shooting with LabRadar. They should include it in the package as it works fine with unsuppressed rifles too. Makes the product much more consistent.

Can you get those triggers other than Facebook?

I can not, shall not, will not get a FB account.
You can reach him here or through Instagram. There’s no official web store.
gregpiet is his Instagram user name.

...or Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp, YouTube, Pintrest, Linkedin, Tumblr, Snapchat,...

I do 3 forums as my "Social Media"

I'll just PM the "I know a guy" above.

...or Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp, YouTube, Pintrest, Linkedin, Tumblr, Snapchat,...

I do 3 forums as my "Social Media"

I'll just PM the "I know a guy" above.
I’m not huge into the social media thing but I use Instagram predominately to follow manufacturers and certain people for info and new product releases. I’ve discovered so much stuff just by browsing related things. Not everything gets discussed on forums. But I totally get it..

Got her in. I have the trigger stuck where my match saver is usually placed. On trigger level 1 if I really run the bolt hard it’ll trigger it. Running the bolt like a normal human being should be fine at that setting. Lol
I’ll try to hit the range in the AM to test it out.

6B17F490-1200-4D20-B88E-AE5C0B8C29B1.jpeg

Does the weight of that cord across the barrel change your POI?

JJ - nice rifle and setup.