• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ladder test questions

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
5D896FBC-1B70-4A84-AA9A-5E8B22A996E6-21701-0000196E26EE40B4_zps2fff81f2.jpg

Thats more of a picture than a question but shots 3, 4, and 5 look good to go.

What distance? caliber? powder? bullet? brass? charges? rifle?

Caliber, powder, charge weights, bullet, rifle, distance? I would push that out a little further. The shots do not seem to follow much if any pattern, not a good test. Maybe 3, 4, 5...pick shot 4 and load that up, but whatever you have going doesn't look that great.

My bad, one to many beers while grilling supper.
300 Win Mag, 400 yards, 208 Amax, H-1000, RWS brass. Charges are in .5gr increments from 1=71 to 10=75.5. The bolt gets sticky after 75.5 grains in this brass. I shot an OCW with 75-77 already with this gun and 75 and 75.5 had the same POI but the groups sucked. 77 shoots lights out but the bolt jams.

Looks like the pic needs to be rotated 90° left to me. Is that the case?

3,4,5 is your node.

You could also start at #3 add .2gr, add .2 gr ect until you get to #5. If that shows you anything, group shoot it.

Depends how you looking at the POI ..look like target is turned 90degree

Agreed. But the detective in me suggests he wouldn't have been writing numbers with the target rotated 90 degrees. Several of the numbers would have been written upside down if the target had been rotated. My assessment of the node is based on the conclusion that the target is in correct orientation, and the horizontal dispertion is due to windage. If I am wrong, and the target is rotated, then the node exists around shots #5 and #6

Agreed. But the detective in me suggests he wouldn't have been writing numbers with the target rotated 90 degrees. Several of the numbers would have been written upside down if the target had been rotated. My assessment of the node is based on the conclusion that the target is in correct orientation, and the horizontal dispertion is due to windage. If I am wrong, and the target is rotated, then the node exists around shots #5 and #6
True.. the detective in me also saying something is defenitly wrong with the results.its called lader test for a reason..target sopose to climb as increase on powder charge.. i cant say target is too close cause they wouldbe been clover..uess rifle/shooter having a bad day :)

Let's just say a staple is .5" long, that would tell me by looking at the pic that there is somewhere close to 12" between #2 and #8. That's my detective work. And that's a lot of left to right. I would have to say again that target is on its side.

We should stop debating it and wait for the OP to tell us the orientation of the target. If it is, in fact, rotated from how it was shot, whomever lives the closest to him ows him a punch to the kidney...just sayin.

I think he is coming to my place to shoot Saturday, will take care of the kidney punch for ya :)