• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ladies motivational thread

Re: Ladies motivational thread

good <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MWDs aren't left behind like equipment. It's a running thing that the dog is always one rank higher than the handler. Hell, there was a memorial recently for a dog that died in AFG. They're definitely treated better than that. </div></div>

397715_568653496482893_849407389_n.jpg

The History Channel – Nationwide Search for Gun Enthusiasts

A nationwide search has begun to find the most enthusiastic, energetic people who know and love everything about guns! This new series will celebrate firearms in all forms. These gun experts will have their dreams come true as they get the chance to be featured on the History Channel! If you eat, sleep and breathe all things firearms – if you are the biggest “gun-nut” – then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!

Casting Directors at Metal Flowers Media (The Colony, American Guns) are currently seeking people who are an encyclopedia of firearms. This gun know-it-all must be able to blow your typical gun enthusiast away with their knowledge of firearms.

If you are 21+ and are able to spit a wide range of “gun talk,” they want to hear from you! Please contact [email protected] for more information.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The History Channel – Nationwide Search for Gun Enthusiasts

A nationwide search has begun to find the most enthusiastic, energetic people who know and love everything about guns! This new series will celebrate firearms in all forms. These gun experts will have their dreams come true as they get the chance to be featured on the History Channel! If you eat, sleep and breathe all things firearms – if you are the biggest “<span style="color: #FF0000">gun-nut</span>” – then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!

Casting Directors at Metal Flowers Media (The Colony, American Guns) are currently seeking people who are an encyclopedia of firearms. This gun know-it-all must be able to blow your typical gun enthusiast away with their knowledge of firearms.

If you are 21+ and are able to spit a wide range of “gun talk,” they want to hear from you! Please contact [email protected] for more information.

</div></div>

Oh dear god, I can't wait for this turd to hit the airwaves. I bet they will pick the most ignorant people who know absolutely everything (incorrectly) about guns. I wonder if this is an attempt to show gun owners in a positive light or to show gun owners in the worst possible way to add to the reasons why gun control is needed. If they really want to do it right, they need to go to the NRA or maybe some of the sanctioned sport shooting/competition organizations to find legit "gun nuts" (I hate that term, as if all people who own guns are nuts).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I wonder if this is an attempt to show gun owners in a positive light or to show gun owners in the worst possible way to add to the reasons why gun control is needed. </div></div>

I'd wager they don't really care too much one way or another so long as the checks clear.

http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/category/one_time_tags/rebeccas_war_dog_of_the_week

By Rebecca Frankel
Best Defense Chief Canine Correspondent

Just three days before Christmas, a note bearing sad tidings came up on a Facebook feed:

Military working dog Rex (E168) passed away this morning. He was 11 years old (April 2001-December 2012). Rest in peace Rex and thank you for your service and sacrifice. Once a Marine, Always a Marine...Semper Fi

Former Marine dog handler Mike Dowling posted the notice. Rex had been Dowling's dog in 2004 and, when they deployed to Iraq that year, they were one of the first U.S. dog teams to go into a combat zone since Vietnam.

Rex's story is one we've followed closely here -- from his stint with Dowling in Iraq (a harrowing story well told in Dowling's 2011 book), to his heroic tour in Iraq during which he was gravely injured, and finally the dog's highly publicized and star-studded transition from working dog to housedog. When Rex became eligible to retire from service last year, he was adopted by Marine handler Megan Leavey, who served with the dog in Iraq.

In his book, Sgt. Rex, Dowling writes how it was his bond to Rex that sustained him during their starkly dangerous tour; one in which their role was mostly undefined and ever evolving. A particularly moving passage in light of the dog's recent death:

I keep thinking that a time will come when Rex is gonna flee from the next explosion with his tail between his legs. Or I'm gonna come to my senses and realize that I just can't do another lonely, death-defying walk ... But here's the thing: Having Rex beside me helps give me the strength so I can face it. ... Never once has he faltered when I've asked him to do the walk with me, not even when we're under the enemy's gun. And because of this, he's put steel in my soul."

Complications with Rex's health arose suddenly during the night of Dec. 21st and Leavey, who rushed him to the emergency vet, also posted a note on Facebook letting friends and fans know that Rex did not suffer long and when it became clear he could not be treated comfortably, she was confident euthanasia was the right decision. He went peacefully the following morning.

Leavey writes she was grateful she got to spend the last eight months with her "partner and best friend." During the time Rex lived with her, "he got to roam the yard & bark at deer, play with as many toys as he wanted all day everyday, sleep in a cozy bed next to me every night, chase and eventually make friends with my 2 cats, enjoy & play in his first snowfall."

RIP: MWD Spike, a dog reportedly stationed at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in Sand Diego and also 11 years old, passed away on Jan. 1.
ricks2_108_0.jpg

that's actually why i posted it in here hoping some one that actually knows what they are talking about might respond instead of whoever else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The History Channel – Nationwide Search for Gun Enthusiasts

A nationwide search has begun to find the most enthusiastic, energetic people who know and love everything about guns! This new series will celebrate firearms in all forms. These gun experts will have their dreams come true as they get the chance to be featured on the History Channel! If you eat, sleep and breathe all things firearms – if you are the biggest “<span style="color: #FF0000">gun-nut</span>” – then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!

</div></div>

Oh dear god, I can't wait for this turd to hit the airwaves. I bet they will pick the most ignorant people who know absolutely everything (incorrectly) about guns. I wonder if this is an attempt to show gun owners in a positive light or to show gun owners in the worst possible way to add to the reasons why gun control is needed. If they really want to do it right, they need to go to the NRA or maybe some of the sanctioned sport shooting/competition organizations to find legit "gun nuts" (I hate that term, as if all people who own guns are nuts). </div></div>

http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/category/one_time_tags/rebeccas_war_dog_of_the_week

Rebecca’s War Dog of the Week: Retirees Brit and Bubba begin brand new lives

By Rebecca Frankel

Best Defense Chief Canine Correspondent

Two career MWDs, both at the ripe old age of eight, recently traded in their military leashes for the comforts of civilian life. Brit, a German shepherd, was formerly a "patrol narcotics detection dog for a military police unit at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington." Bubba (pictured), a chocolate lab with one tour in Iraq and one in Afghanistan behind him, was a bomb-sniffing dog for the Army.

Bubba's last tour in Afghanistan was apparently cut short when the 80-pound dog took a bad tumble, falling through a canvas roof. But his new owners, the Van Fleets, report that Bubba's wounded leg doesn't keep him from enjoying his new home or from taking measures to keep his new family safe. The couple, who lives in Trumansburg, NY, say that Bubba "will case the perimeter" of their home whenever he's outside and "insists on inspecting whatever object in one's hands."

Brit on the other hand, is continuing to offer his services to those in the military but in a rather different capacity. Along with his new owners, the Russells of Fayetteville, NC, Brit is making the rounds at the Womack Army Medical Center at Fort Bragg as a therapy dog, having taken therapy-training classes in order to assist wounded veterans. He's only made a handful of visits so far, but his presence already seems to be making an impact.

"The boy is a traffic stop," [his owner, Russell, who accompanies Brit on these visits] says. "Everyone stops to say hello or give him a hug."... On several occasions, those soldiers have broken down in tears while hugging Brit and have thanked him for the service of military working dogs overseas...."They tell me 'When the dogs come, it makes our day.'"

Canine news of interest: The practical use of the canine nose seems without limits. This week I came across three very interesting articles about sniffer dogs being used to detect some pretty unexpected...things. In Britain dogs are helping authorities uncover counterfeit condoms, and in California dogs are being employed to track down fox droppings in an effort to preserve the endangered San Joaquin kit fox. They're also using dogs to sniff out fox dens in Queensland, Australia, though in this case it's to cull the population, not save it. Who knew?
bubba.jpg

Luna, Thanks for starting this thread. It is now one of my favorites. You make an old man smile.
Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luna, Thanks for starting this thread. It is now one of my favorites. You make an old man smile.
Semper Fi </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing but didnt post it cause I was afraid of gettig my man card revoked.

ahhh ty both
smile.gif
i just wish more of the women on this sight would take part
frown.gif
oh well
wink.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luna, Thanks for starting this thread. It is now one of my favorites. You make an old man smile.
Semper Fi </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing but didnt post it cause I was afraid of gettig my man card revoked. </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fM9qGZCc4DY&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fM9qGZCc4DY&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

this had me laughing so hard i was crying <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVrJ8DxECbg&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVrJ8DxECbg&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The Ace of Spades! The Ace of Spades! <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBSkq-_St8&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBSkq-_St8&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2FX9rviEhw&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2FX9rviEhw&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Ace of Spades! The Ace of Spades! <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBSkq-_St8&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBSkq-_St8&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

The drummer headbanging the whole time cracks me up. Someone had a whole lot of free time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this had me laughing so hard i was crying <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVrJ8DxECbg&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVrJ8DxECbg&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

this is the funniest thing i've seen all week!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2FX9rviEhw&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2FX9rviEhw&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

This ones really good. Aside from having too much time on their hands, it really shows creativity and great execution, especially at the end.

cracks me up lol <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wt1Zy_ASNyA&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wt1Zy_ASNyA&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That is the way all libturds are, they only want to tell someone else how to run their life.

^^^^^^^^^^^funny

I just wish those 'armed security guards' would collectively amass the principles to quit, all on the same day.

THAT, would be good news.

ty
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gadbmw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luna you have some great videos and pics. thanks keep it going. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ahhh ty both
smile.gif
i just wish more of the women on this sight would take part
frown.gif
oh well
wink.gif
]</div></div>

Yeah, I can't understand why the other 5 women don't join in here to look at the 10 or so pics for women and enjoy the hundred others that are no different than the motivational pic thread.

And yes Maggot, your man-card has been suspended.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/gun-control-regulations-disarm-women/

Even in the aftermath of unspeakable tragedy like the shootings in Newtown, Conn., gun control zealots advocate mindless and misogynistic policies.

“We have to take action,” Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. urged in response to the Newtown horror. “The president is absolutely committed to keeping his promise that we will act.”

In other words, to quote a frat boy from the movie “Animal House”: “I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.”

Mr. Biden’s statement may sound high-minded in theory, but new gun control efforts will prove ineffective and self-defeating. The Obama administration’s proposals will fail to make Americans safer and, worse still, harm women the most.

In reality, guns make women safer. In a violent confrontation, guns reverse the balance of power. Armed with a gun, a woman may even have the advantage over a violent attacker. More than 90 percent of violent crimes occur without a firearm, according to federal statistics. When a violent criminal threatens or attacks a woman, he rarely uses a gun. Attackers use their size and physical strength, preying on women who are at a severe disadvantage.

How do guns give women the advantage? An armed woman does not need superior strength or the proximity of a hand-to-hand struggle. She can protect her children, elderly relatives, herself or others who are vulnerable to an assailant.

Using a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition, she has a fighting chance even against multiple attackers. That is, she can protect herself unless she lives in a jurisdiction like the District of Columbia, which criminalizes possession of even an empty magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Recently, NBC’s David Gregory inadvertently exposed the absurdity of the District’s gun laws when he displayed a 30-round magazine on national television, embroiling himself in a police investigation. Last week, the D.C. attorney general decided not to charge Mr. Gregory. “Despite the clarity of the violation of this important law,” he concluded, “a prosecution would not promote public safety.” When David Gregory’s magazines are outlawed, only David Gregory will have magazines. Why is it permissible to possess magazines to persuade people that guns are dangerous, but not for a woman to possess one to defend herself against gang rape?

Armed women benefit even those who choose not to carry. In jurisdictions with concealed-carry laws, women are less likely to be raped, maimed or murdered than they are in states with stricter gun ownership laws.

All women in these states reap the benefits of concealed-carry laws, which dramatically increase the risk that a would-be assailant faces.

In response to horrific incidents like those in Newtown and Aurora, Colo., politicians advocate more restrictions on gun rights. Hollywood celebrities somberly urge Americans to “demand a plan” to reduce gun violence.

Many of these politicians and celebrities already have a plan: They rely on guns to safeguard their own personal safety. Some critics advocate limiting violence in movies and television, but Hollywood stars apparently do not concur, considering that most of them participate in graphic depictions of lethal violence on the screen.

President Obama said in his first inaugural address, “The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works.” Instead of ineffective and self-defeating gestures, we should ask the same question about proposed gun regulations.

Armed security works. That’s why snipers stand guard on the White House roof. That’s why Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and a gun-control advocate, admits to having a gun permit.

Armed guards serve in the employ of the very actors who publicly advocate limiting gun rights. For instance, armed guards protected a suburban newspaper in New York after it

TROTTER: Gun control regulations disarm women

published the names and residential addresses of gun permit holders. In fact, the newspaper’s own reporter uses a gun for his protection. After publishing the story, the paper’s editors disclosed that the reporter “owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum” and has “a residence permit in New York City.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/gun-control-regulations-disarm-women/#ixzz2IRU2mjj1
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter