• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Landing on a Mountain to shoot LR! (Video)

Gravity_Knight

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
Colorado
youtube.com
Thought some of you guys might enjoy this?!
Flying is my main passion, guns maybe second… getting back into LR after a 10 year hiatus!

Saved up and picked up a Seekins HIT 6.5prc, and a Savage 110 tactical in 6.5cm. Yea… I’m beyond broke now!

Took the savage out and landed on the side of a mountain to do some shooting. Brought crappy winchester ammo, now have some better hornady eld that shoots better going forward. I’m rusty but having a blast getting back into it!

Anyway, thought I’d share and see if you guys find this entertaining.

-Todd

Last edited:
Awesome. Just awesome

Where is this?

Do you have room for another person and gear?

Will you take me with on a day trip if I help with fuel/food expenses?

I’m only partially kidding…

Wow! Beautiful flying. Kit Fox, perfect plane for your mission. Too of my favored things! Very cool stuff. Thank you for sharing. Subscribed and shared it a bunch. Please keep the videos coming!
I am curious where you are as well. New mexico, Idaho, Montana??

Reactions: Gravity_Knight
Appreciate the kind replies folks!! thanks!!!

Wow! Beautiful flying. Kit Fox, perfect plane for your mission. Too of my favored things! Very cool stuff. Thank you for sharing. Subscribed and shared it a bunch. Please keep the videos coming!
I am curious where you are as well. New mexico, Idaho, Montana??
Appreciate that very much - thank you for sharing it!! As I'm sure you know, flying is niche so hard to get a lot of interest on the toob etc.
I am in Colorado, I live out east of the Springs a little ways, but spend most of my time flying the rockies.

Awesome. Just awesome

Where is this?

Do you have room for another person and gear?

Will you take me with on a day trip if I help with fuel/food expenses?

I’m only partially kidding…
Thanks!! possibly have room... it might be tough with rifles. Currently trying to figure out how to haul them more efficiently. On this outing, I had it hanging over the rear seat so that would be an issue done that way. Might be able to stuff some rifles in the extended baggage area and keep it all behind the rear seat. But that also might start pushing the weight and balance a little out of wack with a passenger onboard. We'll have to do some figuring on all that. Too long of a story for here, but I'm working on a plane with a friend that I'll sell mine in order to buy when we get it finished. He fronted the cash for the build, in trade for the advertising on my youtube when done. It is a bit larger, and has a better baggage area/higher useful load to haul more gear. That may be the ticket. So something like this would not be out of question at some point.

I'm in Colorado, out east of Colorado Springs. This location is on the side of Table Mountain (there are several in CO, go figure) out west of Canon City. There is a two track in the vicinity, and I've followed them by air a few times (have to think ahead if something goes wrong, how do I get the plane out of there etc. lot of places I land have no access.... could be a bad situation, this one at least has a 2 track). I think I saw a way to access this by vehicle (sxs or 4wheeler for sure, maybe vehicle.. its tight in spots). Most of the two tracks in this area are behind locked gates on private land, even though this is BLM land. But I think there is one route that isn't. Never tried to drive it to see for sure... I have been lucky enough to access a lot of great BLM that is locked behind gates on private land (private roads). I get both sides of that frustrating situation.. tough one for sure.. probably a topic for another time. Anyway, I'm rambling.. thanks for the comment!

Thanks!! possibly have room... it might be tough with rifles. Currently trying to figure out how to haul them more efficiently. On this outing, I had it hanging over the rear seat so that would be an issue done that way. Might be able to stuff some rifles in the extended baggage area and keep it all behind the rear seat. But that also might start pushing the weight and balance a little out of wack with a passenger onboard. We'll have to do some figuring on all that. Too long of a story for here, but I'm working on a plane with a friend that I'll sell mine in order to buy when we get it finished. He fronted the cash for the build, in trade for the advertising on my youtube when done. It is a bit larger, and has a better baggage area/higher useful load to haul more gear. That may be the ticket. So something like this would not be out of question at some point.

I'm in Colorado, out east of Colorado Springs. This location is on the side of Table Mountain (there are several in CO, go figure) out west of Canon City. There is a two track in the vicinity, and I've followed them by air a few times (have to think ahead if something goes wrong, how do I get the plane out of there etc. lot of places I land have no access.... could be a bad situation, this one at least has a 2 track). I think I saw a way to access this by vehicle (sxs or 4wheeler for sure, maybe vehicle.. it’s tight in spots). Most of the two tracks in this area are behind locked gates on private land, even though this is BLM land. But I think there is one route that isn't. Never tried to drive it to see for sure... I have been lucky enough to access a lot of great BLM that is locked behind gates on private land (private roads). I get both sides of that frustrating situation.. tough one for sure.. probably a topic for another time. Anyway, I'm rambling.. thanks for the comment!
Oh, nice.

I feel like I started something that I didn’t think would be realistic…like, at all.

Appreciate the kind replies folks!! thanks!!!

Appreciate that very much - thank you for sharing it!! As I'm sure you know, flying is niche so hard to get a lot of interest on the toob etc.
I am in Colorado, I live out east of the Springs a little ways, but spend most of my time flying the rockies.

I'm in Colorado, out east of Colorado Springs. This location is on the side of Table Mountain (there are several in CO, go figure) out west of Canon City. There is a two track in the vicinity, and I've followed them by air a few times (have to think ahead if something goes wrong, how do I get the plane out of there etc. lot of places I land have no access.... could be a bad situation, this one at least has a 2 track). I think I saw a way to access this by vehicle (sxs or 4wheeler for sure, maybe vehicle.. its tight in spots). Most of the two tracks in this area are behind locked gates on private land, even though this is BLM land. But I think there is one route that isn't. Never tried to drive it to see for sure... I have been lucky enough to access a lot of great BLM that is locked behind gates on private land (private roads). I get both sides of that frustrating situation.. tough one for sure.. probably a topic for another time. Anyway, I'm rambling.. thanks for the comment!
Here’s an idea for you, or at least some variation of this:
E7291BDB-60DF-4EFF-870C-806F2E487BB4.jpeg

that looks like so much fun finding a place to go , getting there and getting there to shoot must be fun as hell . oh great use for all those amazon boxes .