• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua shorted me

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
I made the two hour drive to Cabelas in Rapid City last weekend and was lucky enough to find 2 boxes of Lapua 308 brass. So today I started getting it ready to load and found out I was shorted 3 cases out of one box. And of course I'm one of those guys that has to have all my brass, bullet, and primer counts just right. So my question is do I write to Lapua or fight it out with Cabelas? God only knows when Cabelas will have some again, not to mention 4 hours round trip. I don't want to give it up and return it for in store credit. Has anyone dealt with Lapua before on QC issues? Thanks for your opinions, Cinch

Re: Lapua shorted me

If the box was sealed at Cabelas you would need to go to Lapua. If opened then Cabelas owes you some brass. At the price of brass these days I would say something my self.
larryj

Tell ya what I'll do to so you can sleep easy tonight Cinch, PM me your address and I will send you 3 brand new pieces of Lapua brass @ no charge Monday. Obviously your pretty anal so if you insist on the same lot number your gonna have a hard row to hoe.
grin.gif

Cabellas in Fort Worth,TX. had Lapua under lock and key because people were taking a few here and there. LOL.

You know, it's really not a big deal at all, but it takes away from that special feeling you get when you crack open a new box of Lapua brass.

I had this happen with a box of Hornady 6.5 creedmoor brass. I called Hornady and there wonderful customer service sent me out a box of new 6.5CM brass. It took about 2 months but they made it right. I dont know about Lapua. Lapua is good stuff no question, and for the price you pay you should get every piece you paid for. Its not life changing, but i should be made right!! Lee

+1, it's not life changing, but an irritation. They wouldn't accept "almost" full payment. Unfortunately, stuff happens.

Load the other 197 of them up and shoot 'em all. You'd lose some in most any event and now you don't have to worry about it.

But I do know the feeling of opening that fresh new box of Lapua brass and getting to work. I am sypathetic because I can't help but count mine too.

I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling, teary eyed, a woody absolutly nothing when I open a new box of brass. My wife suggested a sensitivity class.

I have purchased about 8 boxes of Lapua 308 brass over the years and every one of them had at least one extra case in the box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, it's really not a big deal at all, but it takes away from that special feeling you get when you crack open a new box of Lapua brass. </div></div>
kinda like when Duane Myers gets and opens a new knife?

I have never bought factory new bras, but I would be upset with someone if I was missing some brass. I would take it up with the retailer you purchased from first, if they dont give any satisfaction then I would step up to the manufacturer.

Well, I wrote an email to Lapua, but I'm really not expecting anything. I've gotten a few extras before in Winchester and Remington brass, but never Lapua. This is the first time I've ever been shorted. If I could just go down to the store and trade it in for another box I would, but this stuff is not that easy to find anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I have never bought factory new bras</span>, but I would be upset with someone if I was missing some brass. I would take it up with the retailer you purchased from first, if they dont give any satisfaction then I would step up to the manufacturer. </div></div>
Well victoria's secret has quite the selection and catalog! Ya outta check it out.
On a side note called CCI about getting shorted on some 22's. Had a new box in the mail shortly there after.

You know, I kinda gotta agree with Mark S. If I opend a bx of Lapua brass and they didn't have a flashhole, I'd be upset. If I opened a bx of 308 and they were 223, I'd be upset. If I opened a bx and there were 97, I'd open another bx and get 3 out. At .65 cents ea. your looking at $1.95. And it shows how bored I am tonite by taking the time to type this response on a comment that didnt deserve one. Take Mark S up on his 3 but make sure you compensate him on his shipping.
krw

I'm not asking anyone for a handout, although it was very kind to offer. I was simply asking if anyone had any problems with Lapua and what they did to solve the issue. If you like, in the future, I can have you screen all my comments before I post them to make sure they are worth replying to.

Your greatest curiosity should be whether Lapua gives a damn when informed that their business system is defective. You would also think that they would want to know if their distribution is system has glitches. It is an expensive and inconvenient intrusion into their routine, but they should want to remove inconsistencies from their business process.

They've evidently taken the trouble to remove problems from their production process.

Win69, you make a good point. They still make a top notch product and either way I will still use them. It will be interesting to see what they say though. I once bought some Hornady .451 185gr XTP's that was missing 4 or five bullets and had 3 or 4 .224 jsp bullets in the box. I wrote them and they pretty much said sorry for your luck. Had a box of .308 200gr Accubonds that had some polymer tips falling out and they rushed out a whole new box. I guess we'll see.

all this space wasted that could have been for something useful...

a phone call to Laupa USA or an email to Laupa could have solved all of this... but but but... then there would be no drama...

oh no... no drama? Whatever would we do?

Thanks for contributing, creating more drama, and wasting more space.

The point Wil is making is what did we do before the internet? You were shorted 3 pieces of brass out of 200, that sucks, but give Lapua the chance to make it right before announcing it to a few thousand people that you don't know.

Lapua is a good company, I know of one guy that got a box of brass with weights that were all over the place, he emailed Lapua and he sent in his brass and in exchanged received back a box of brass that was hand weighed and they were all within a few tenths of each other. I've considered just complaining and mailing in my brass, save me the time of weighing them myself
smile.gif

Give Lapua a couple days to reply to your email, I'm betting they'll take care of ya.

I am not bashing Lapua by any means. I have bought well over 1,000 Lapua cases and will continue to buy it. I wish they made it in more calibers. This is the first time I have ever had an issue at all with them and I was just curious to know if anyone else has had any problems, what the problems were, and how it was handled. My opinion is nobody makes a finer product. I would also be willing to bet they will take care of it. I don't think that anyone who has read this and posted a reply is turned off to Lapua in any way. Aside from a few posts, people were helpful and understanding. Shit happens and nobody is perfect. If someone is bored or thinks my thread is a waste of space, kindly move on instead of shitting on my thread. As I've said before, no it's not a big deal. Don't make it one.

WOW

I have had one problem with Lapua 338 and in one call it was FIXED.

While I don't see you complaining about anything but the comment that were posted. Like anyone else when I buy something I pay for it to be correct. no if and or buts about it.

Respecting all others on here and you also I wont go on about other post. other than the one from Mark S.. Thats real stand up on helping a fellow member out.

But to answer your question NO I have never been shorted by Lapua. and I have over 2000 cases from them, in various calibers.

I bought 200 6.5x47 cases that were out of spec. On ~120 cases, the extractor groove diameter was .020 too large. I emailed them about it and got a response two days later saying the brass would be replaced. A week later it showed up.

I did get one box of 308 brass that was one case short, but I let it go because they took care of the othe issue so promptly.

I just got 5 bags of 308 W Winchester brass. One of the bags was 2 cases short. In another, I found a 7mm-08 case. So out of 250, I was shorted 3.

It seems to be a common problem.

I ordered a 50 round box of Hornady Match .308 brass from Midway a few weeks ago, since I have not been able to get any Lapua. When I started putting them in a 50 round MTM box, one round short. I e-mailed Hornady about this shortage. They replied that with millions of rounds being shipped, it is bond to happen, but they would correct the shortage. I have not yet received anything.

Haven't heard back yet. I'm sure they're just busy and it may take another week. Plus it's a holiday weekend so I would bet they're short handed. I should try to call them, but I'm not anywhere that has phone service during working hours. I'm sure I'll hear from them in the next few days.

I can not believe it. I was in Cabela's last week, and they had three boxes of Lapua .308 on the shelf. I picked one up to have on hand. I decided to load them today, and guess what? I have three to many. Oh well your loss is my lucky gain.