• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large brag bag???

guther

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
NC
Does anyone make a drag bag that is at least 60" for the longer guns such as a 375. 408 CheyTac or 50m BMG? How do the members with the larger guns protect them in transport to and from the range? Thanks for your help.
Guther

Yes, sir. AIM Field Sports out of the UK has a very nice 60" bag. I have two of them, as I have a 338LM with a 34" barrel, and a 30.06 Ackley Improved with a 32" barrel. They are very quality made, and are quite roomy---I have a large NightForce on one of the rifles, and bipods---they fit quite well assembled. They have nice exterior pockets, good, strong zippers, and plastic clasps all round the outside. They have four easily adjustable retention straps inside, and molle style webbing for those retention straps to be positioned as desired.
Somewhat expensive, and there is considerable shipping, but the quality far exceeds what I have seen at shows and LGS's. Also, they have a discount for active service members.
I recommend them highly.

Interesting, LC. thanks for the link. The only drawback I see to this is the choice of snaps for secondary closure. I have a BlackHawk with said snaps, and I couldn't get along with it as well as the plastic break-away style clips on the AIM bag.
This one is cheaper, however, and doesn't have the international shipping price either.

Does anyone make a drag bag that is at least 60" for the longer guns such as a 375. 408 CheyTac or 50m BMG? How do the members with the larger guns protect them in transport to and from the range? Thanks for your help.
Guther

guther
+1 on AIM, got two 60" and a 50", great sturdy bags and top CS; I busted a clip (in a door jam, they are beefy but...) and they sent me a couple of new ones from England, for free. Got these bags for several years, never had an issue, one of the best bags out there.