• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large data deviation with Ballistic FTE

rickp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Hey guy,
when out to the 1000y range yesterday and I wanted to see the accuracy of the Ballistic FTE running on my ipod touch.

Well the software was about 2.5 to 3 MOA off throughout the entire range.
I used G7 as the drag factor and correct BC, used a kestrel for the weather, had the right muzzle velocity in.

Has anyone else experienced this?

R.

Re: Large data deviation with Ballistic FTE

try G1 and compare your actual numbers...that what I use with 175s and works out really close

I have found Ballistic FTE to be very accurate, especially when using the JBM computer. If your BC and MV were input correctly I would double check the zero and current atmosphere settings. Occasionally I have had strange results with the 'Pressure is Absolute' set to on. I generally set the Pressure is Absolute to off then manually set the altitude to zero and enter the pressure as an absolute. You"ll need to verify your Kestrel is set to display absolute rather than a corrected pressure. Good luck.

I just noticed that you have two post's with two problems I'll bet if you get your velocity problem figured out your ballistic calculator problem will disappear. Calculators are great but if you give them bad info they will give you a bad solution.