• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR 18"

Re: Larue OBR 18"

Every time I read and reread this post, I drool. I'm checking the status of my order daily just waiting to see the status go from In Queue to In Production. Tough wait but I know it will be well worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpinDrift338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with your A2, if you don't have an H6 buffer (6 tungtsen weights) and an extra power spring I'd try the combo out. The 16" barrel and suppressor on my rifle sends the bolt racing back like its hair is on fire, the extra weight really helps smooth things out.

</div></div>

Is this with the rifle in "suppressed" mode ?
Can you share your can/load info?

Another LaRue 7.62 OBR data point: I ordered in Feb and it shipped in June, 15 weeks after I ordered it. I consider it worth the wait. My 5.56 OBR shipped much faster, took about 2 weeks.

Well I ordered an 18" OBR 7.62 back around mid May and received it this last Thursday (6SEP). And just for the record the test target on it was crap, about .976" or so. Im waiting on some scope issues to be resolved and I will be out to test the 1/2 MOA theory.

Bet you'll beat that, easy. Do let us know. I borrowed a buddies low serial number OSR to play with over the next few days...I don't remember what his test target looked like. Yeah, that's right, OSR not OBR. LOW serial number.. :)

Among other weapons, my company has two OBRs, both 18", 7.62 and 5.56. Using 168/175 and 62/77 they both run about .45 moa. Topped with S&B 5-25x PM II with H-59 and Atlas up front - they both are "boringly accurate". Run Bobro's and PRS's on both and with the PRS all the way up, cheek weld is very good. Excellent weapons.

Good info and great looking gun. I can't wait for my OBR to come in.

My 18" OBR is scheduled to arrive in two days, Sept 18. I ordered it 6/14, so just about 12 weeks wait time. I have a Vortex Razor HD waiting to go on top, along with my AAC 762SD. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning...I took the day off from work just so I can go to the range when it arrives.

You're gonna love your OBR... Mine is pretty much my favorite rifle to shoot.

Just finished installing all my accessories on my new 18" OBR. Here she is...only took 14 weeks!

Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50, AAC 762SD, KAC 45 degree offset BUIS, and Harris Bipod. Next step, I will add a Magpul PRS stock. First range trip this weekend.

OBR2_zpsa8960a85.jpg

OBR4_zps5ed5a068.jpg

OBR6_zps2f4e7d01.jpg

thats a sweet ride. Im still waiting to get a scope in, may be a few weeks still

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00boraslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the KAC offset sights?
</div></div>

They are very easy to transition, and they fold out of the way. I had a pair of DD's on another gun, but they got in the way a lot...snagged of barriers, slings, etc. The gun has surprisingly little recoil for a 308, so multiple snap shots are easy. I have only fired 10 rounds with the BUIS, so I will experiment further this weekend.

I ordered mine in 20" 7.62 on 1 June. Anybody get one lately? I talked to customer service and they said they will be building some 20 inchers this month. Anybody get one recently that would care to share their order number?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 13charger68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine in 20" 7.62 on 1 June. Anybody get one lately? I talked to customer service and they said they will be building some 20 inchers this month. Anybody get one recently that would care to share their order number? </div></div>

I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you but I haven't heard of anyone receiving a 20" at all in 2012 lol :-/

I saw over on the ar15 site that LaRue is building some 20 inch 7.62 guns. Fella over there on week 37 got his notice.

What mount are you running for the S&B that allows a good cheek weld with the PRS? Can you run back up irons or is the eye piece too low?