• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR or JP LRP 07....

You are going to be amazed @ the Quality and Attention to Detail on this rifle. Not to mention it is dead nuts accurate if you do your part. Enjoy and rest easy knowing that as an added bonus you are also getting one of the best CUSTOMER SERVICES there is. have fun and shoot the hell out of it.

That is great to hear! I am very excited, the customer service thing is the most imprtortant. The last very high end firearm I bought had no support after the sale.

I love it, I have a Swarovski z6i brt scope and it sits right on top of the receiver. It sits so low you would not believe, it gives it a natural sight alignment and very quick acquisition going from left to right and up and down. When I bought this gun I knew from reviews and members in these forums that this was a Top Notch Rifle, But that does not even do this rifle justice. All you have to do is pull the side charger and it feels like it is on ball bearings it is so slick and smooth, then you pull the trigger and it is smooth and breaks clean with a very quick reset. But the best part is when you break the gun down and see the masterful machining done on the inside. This gun is also built very tight but everything fits perfectly. Yeah I am in Love, but getting back to Customer Service after I placed my order I paid for this rifle in FULL the next day, well as time went on I wanted to make some changes to the rifle, turned out I made more than just a few and never once did I have any problems doing that. Their Customer Service went above and beyond for me even after I got the rifle, every time I called not only were they more than willing to help but they were happy doing it. John Paul has built his company using a set of principals that he always stands by and that is he wants his customers to be happy no matter what, and JP Enterprise uses nothing but the best materials to build there rifles. And in case you are wondering NO I am not associated to JP Enterprise in any way JUST A VERY VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER.

Man am I glad to hear reports like this.

Mine will be more battle rifle setup. I ordered up the JP marked Troy BUIS set from JP last night, and an ADM recon for the nightforce. Its the 16" light weight So I want it to be my all around gun. Great for carrying through the woods, but just as much at home ring steel at 3-500 on the range.

Sweet! How do you like the jp mount? I wsd thinkink adm or larue be ause I like QD. Honestly the 5 allen head bolts kinda scare me.

I love it! Its rock solid. I echo everything jevan126 said. I got my rifle last June and cant imagine ever parting with it. Its a blast to shoot and draws A LOT of attention at the range. You'll be very happy

Great to hear. I ended up going with an adm recon. Since i bought the buis for it, i wanted the qd option. I wanted to go bobro, however my fear of the lever banging my knuckles when charging the gun, made me go with adm.

The LT OBR is a battle rifle whereas the JP is a precision rifle. I also would choose the JP on weight as well. Go with the JP and be happy.

I beg to differ: Almost most to all OBR 762 are 1MOA or sub MOA. To me, it's a precision rifle.

All this talk about the JP LRP-07 has me keyed up about my in-process rifle. It should arrive in July. It will be a 22" barreled beauty in the apparently antiquated .308 (LOL). I'm thinking a 260 Remington will be in the future, but I churn out a good bit of free once-fired 308 brass with my duty rifle. I'm topping it with a Bushnell ERS 3.5-21, G2 reticle, with the ZS/HS turrets. It's got all the sweet features that make it a JP. Thanks for letting me gush a bit. I'll follow up on my own thread with pictures soon. CKruse

Last edited:
Get a JP Enterprises PSC12

Get a JP PSC12. This gun is a masterpiece and shoots lights out. By far the most accurate rifle I own. It will set you back some coins. For me it was $4K but worth it. Outshoots my bolt action Tikka Sporter in the same caliber.

Attachments

• psc12.jpg
    psc12.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • JP PSC12 100yds.jpg
    JP PSC12 100yds.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 24
Quick question: How would you characterize the differences/pros and cons of a 'battle rifle' vs, a 'Precision' rifle? I get that one is meant for accuracy, but in the case of the JP it is also very light and seems highly mobile. In the case of the OBR it is heavier but very accurate. How would you quantify these two then in terms of these monikers?

Quick question: How would you characterize the differences/pros and cons of a 'battle rifle' vs, a 'Precision' rifle? I get that one is meant for accuracy, but in the case of the JP it is also very light and seems highly mobile. In the case of the OBR it is heavier but very accurate. How would you quantify these two then in terms of these monikers?

I wouldn't get mixed up with these terms. It's the internet, and they mean whatever the writer thinks they do. IMO, a battle rifle is a rack grade rifle in general issue to soldiers in an army chambered in a full rifle cartridge. The M1, M14, FAL, and SCAR 17(sort of) come to mind FOR ME. A battle rifle need only be a 2 MOA gun, a precision rifle would be a 1 moa or better shooter.

I wouldn't get mixed up with these terms. It's the internet, and they mean whatever the writer thinks they do. IMO, a battle rifle is a rack grade rifle in general issue to soldiers in an army chambered in a full rifle cartridge. The M1, M14, FAL, and SCAR 17(sort of) come to mind FOR ME. A battle rifle need only be a 2 MOA gun, a precision rifle would be a 1 moa or better shooter.

Thanks for that. I guess when comparing the Larue to the JP the bigger issue of comparisons seems to lie in purposing. I'm wondering in which situations the JP would excel over the Larue and visa versa. The consensus seems to give the JP the edge in fit and finish, accuracy, and weight. Does the Larue as a 'Battle Rifle' get the nod for being able to withstand battle conditions? Being able to still shoot while very dirty? Etc.

I get slightly perturbed when people refer to the JP as a "gaming gun," as if that is their sole purpose. Also it is said as though being a "gaming gun" is a negative thing. I have seen it more on barfcom than here, but I did read one post in this thread that stated the same. I know JP is a supporter of 3 gun comps but if the rifles are known to be used in those forums, would that not imply they are ultra reliable?

I just can't see a serious 3G competitor running a rifle that is known to malfunction. This bullshit about trusting your life to the obr over the JP is flat out fucking dumb. Just because the name of the rifle has "battle" in it does not somehow make it a better fighting weapon if it came down to that.

You know what rifle is the best in a life or death situation? The one you can grab hold of at that time.

No doubt JP are damn nice rifles! Dave Lauck (D&L Sports) AR-30 is another option for ultra premium AR for sure.

Larue OBR or JP LRP 07....

Been using this LRP-07 as a duty LE sniper rifle for about a year and a half. No regrets dumping the bolt gun for it. Mine is set up somewhat heavy with the razor but it works well. Even with the 16" barrel I've hit out to 830 yds on torso size steel without issue. I was lucky to get to shoot both the OBR and JP and GAP before making my decision.
evesuve9.jpg

Kujo,

Bad ass! I am waiting for my 16inch JP for the same purpose. There are actually a fair amount of LEOs in my area using LRPs in that role. Another, also in my area is satisfied with his OBR, but wishes it grouped a little tighter.

It is not well known, and JP doesn't blab about it, but there are a few LRPs in the hands of some special MIL guys also.

At this point in the game one would be a fool to order a Larue anything. Their backlog is astounding and they are moving zero rifles out the door while they attempt to make their own barrels. I'd not hesitate to say if you ordered a Larue rifle today that your wait would be at least 2 years. My vote is for JP.

j

Kujo, nice paint job, now you just need to add some paint to the scope and mag. My JP came in the first of the month and should be in service as my duty rifle after our next training day. Then it will get a rattle can paint job also. What does your partner think about your muzzle brake? It is amazing how efficient the JP Brake is.

Ya, it was painted with a different scope I was using at the time. Need to hit it again.

As for the comp, he can't complain since he's using an 18" rem 700 with a big chubby muzzle brake. Those are loud as well. I really like the JP brake. I have the smaller brake but will likely be switching out to a surefire soon if my suppressor request goes through. I think a 762mini will be great for this application.

My JP...

At this point in the game one would be a fool to order a Larue anything. Their backlog is astounding and they are moving zero rifles out the door while they attempt to make their own barrels. I'd not hesitate to say if you ordered a Larue rifle today that your wait would be at least 2 years. My vote is for JP.

j

I ordered a 20" LRP07 in. .308 a little over a month ago. Unfortunately I wasn't able to shoot a GAP10 or OBR, but I did speak with all three manufacturers in length. LaRue was honest that it was a minimum 9 months. I narrowed down to GA and JP. Talked with both 3 or 4 times. The GAP10 was about 6 month lead time and the JP was 3 to 4, but what sold me on the JP was the weight, silent buffer, and side charge handle . Paid a couple hundred more than an equivalent GAP10, but hopefully it will be worth it. With that said I think any one of the three are great rifles as long as you can get one.

Lol, I ordered the Larue PredatOBR 13 months ago and just got it. While waiting I picked up a JP PSC 12. It's the model with the side and top charging handle. It's fully optioned out. Costs were similar give or take a hundred or so. I ordered the Larue and when I heard about the delay and the "field" barrels I pulled the trigger on the Jp. I am so glad I did. The JP craftsmanship is outstanding. The adj gas block requires a hex screw but is infinitely adjustable. U can dial this down to such incredible precision it really feels like recoil and follow up shots are EZ. When my FFA dealer called me I forgot about the Larue. Both guns are outstanding and represent the upper echelon of AR308's. Having shot both dude by side, I would say that the JP is like a track car. Lots of custom features and runs fast. The Larue is more like a sports sedan. Equally fast and more practical but less flashy. You can't go wrong with either. The JP I have set up with SS 5-20x50mm FFP scope for long range shooting. The Larue wears a Leuplold vx6 3-18x50 illum SFP. I use this mostly for deer and hog hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to set the record straight once and for all, A JP Rifle when set-up properly will be Equal or Better than ANYTHING Else out there Period. I have shot many rifles as had many in this forum and JP Rifles always come out on top for me, there is just something about the balance, the trigger, the recoil or lack of, the way it just keeps shooting every time you pull the trigger, and the way it hits right where you AIM it. Oh and I forgot about the Attention to Detail part, every part was paid attention to. You know I am a little biased when it comes to JP but, when you find a rifle that can do everything you could ever want or need it to and it does it every time you ask it to. That is all one could ask for, see if you're like me and all you are asking for is ONE Rifle that can do it all then JP is it. Now if you're looking for ONE handgun to do it all then, check out GUNCRAFTER INDUSTRIES, Alex Zimmerman knows how to BUILD a 1911.

I love the JP mount, one piece and very rugged. Not to mention it looks pretty good with my Swarovski Z6i scope on it.

Lol, I ordered the Larue PredatOBR 13 months ago and just got it. While waiting I picked up a JP PSC 12. It's the model with the side and top charging handle. It's fully optioned out. Costs were similar give or take a hundred or so. I ordered the Larue and when I heard about the delay and the "field" barrels I pulled the trigger on the Jp. I am so glad I did. The JP craftsmanship is outstanding. The adj gas block requires a hex screw but is infinitely adjustable. U can dial this down to such incredible precision it really feels like recoil and follow up shots are EZ. When my FFA dealer called me I forgot about the Larue. Both guns are outstanding and represent the upper echelon of AR308's. Having shot both dude by side, I would say that the JP is like a track car. Lots of custom features and runs fast. The Larue is more like a sports sedan. Equally fast and more practical but less flashy. You can't go wrong with either. The JP I have set up with SS 5-20x50mm FFP scope for long range shooting. The Larue wears a Leuplold vx6 3-18x50 illum SFP. I use this mostly for deer and hog hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been thinking about buying one of these for a while now. I don't think I will be able to buy both so it will be one or the other for me. Is your Larue in .308? I would love to hear more about what you think the positives and negatives of each model are and maybe compare the following:
recoil, weight, accuracy, reliability/durability, ease of cleaning, quality. I'm thinking 7.62 either 16" PSC12 or 14.5" tObr. I'm planning to use it mainly for hunting, and also as a battle rifle, target practice gun. If you could only have one of these guns which one would you choose? Would the choice be easy?
Sorry that I'm asking a lot of questions, but you may be the only person I've seen that has both these weapons. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok first of all both 308's are at the top echelon for AR10. You really can't go wrong with either. To answer your question I will take each category one by one. Recoil is lighter in the JP. It has that monster muzzle brake but it weighs more since I added all the goodies like full size jp rail, silent capture spring, and cooling fin radiator. Both are reliable but the jp required me to adjust the gas block to minimize felt recoil so you have to close it it then slowly open and shoot until all rounds cycle. The predatobr with its super accurate barrel is great for long distance shooting. The larue is just as accurate at closer distances but I love how it breaks down fitting completely into a tool box. I use the larue for hunting since it's lighter but the jp is the one I would get if I could only have one rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk