• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Or KAC..

Dj702

Privateer
Minuteman
May 17, 2014
Vegas
So I have my beloved Predatobr sitting her and I was hit with a trade offer today. Possible Trade for a KAC SR 25 ECC. Now this is the gun I started out looking for in the beginning but landed on the Larue in the end. My question is more I want some opinions. Whats the better choice. Im hearing that the Larue is going to has better accuracy of course not by much but better and the fact you can swap barrels with ease is VERY nice( When Spare barrels become available). Then the idea behind the KAC is a bit of a rugged gun that doesn't mind getting banged around about.. Exact accuracy I don't know about on the ECC so someone would have to fill me in. But Can someone help out with some Pro and Cons please

Strait up trade alone would be reason to do it.

I am a KAC fanboy, and IMO, KAC makes the finest large frame AR money can buy as long as you are sticking with .308.

I would also bet that the ECC shoots every bit as good as the Larue, while being more reliable and better engineered. There is a reason you hardly ever see them for sale.

Also a KAC fanboy, but also like Larue. I personally wouldn't trade a PredatOBR for an ECC, but I'd trade for the E2 APC in a hot second. Probably throw some extra cash at that one too.

What is wrong with one of each ;-)

They are both awesome rifles. I have the predatOBR. My buddy has an ECC that I have tried a number of times.

I would love to add a KAC ECC to my inventory but I wouldn't do it at the expense of the Larue.

It's only money

BR,

Considering the Larue is what a 3500 dollar gun and the ECC is a 5500 dollar gun.....I'd do a straight trade in a heart beat :)

I would buy two Larues. Then take the 4k you saved buying them and put that towards an ECC....errr wait

Considering the Larue is what a 3500 dollar gun and the ECC is a 5500 dollar gun.....I'd do a straight trade in a heart beat :)

This, right here. Also, you could sell the KAC like pronto, Tonto. For a 16" .308, the KAC is hard to beat, doubt that there would be a great difference in practical accuracy between the two.

KAC .308 rifles are like hen's teeth to get, and you have someone willing to trade, call that guy NOW…

The ECC or EMC with a MAMS is the tits. The 45 degree off-set irons are slick, soft shooting rifle, I know the price tag has some sticker shock, but if you ever loose your senses and decide to sell, would be gone in minutes.

Needs pic.

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat, the ECC is basically a black M110K1 and once KAC completes the backorders there won't be any more civilian ones made. And that dimpled barrel is sexy.

Trade should already be done.

I have a soft spot for KAC and just added the ECC last week.

What accuracy are you all getting out of your ECCs Im running Mk316 and M118LR so I Just want a ball park what were are looking at with match ammo

Both are Awesome Rifles but Price wise its a No Brainer to Trade it. But I would make sure to inspect that KAC and make sure it's not abused to Hell. It'll still run but it'll worth less. When it's too good to be true, it probably IS these days.

Cheers!

I spoke to KevinB earlier and he's gonna back the gun when I get it and its got a very low Round count. Im more curious on the entire accuracy claims because I can't find anything solid online

What accuracy are you all getting out of your ECCs Im running Mk316 and M118LR so I Just want a ball park what were are looking at with match ammo

With BH or FGMM 168s, I'm getting < 1". Slow fire, taking my time, sandbags. Stock trigger.

White box Winchester gives 1.5" at least, 2" more likely.

My JP shot more tightly, different type of rifle. My LMT MWS was a 1.5"+ rifle with BH or FGMM.

Good Luck.

So I have my beloved Predatobr sitting her and I was hit with a trade offer today. Possible Trade for a KAC SR 25 ECC. Now this is the gun I started out looking for in the beginning but landed on the Larue in the end. My question is more I want some opinions. Whats the better choice. Im hearing that the Larue is going to has better accuracy of course not by much but better and the fact you can swap barrels with ease is VERY nice( When Spare barrels become available). Then the idea behind the KAC is a bit of a rugged gun that doesn't mind getting banged around about.. Exact accuracy I don't know about on the ECC so someone would have to fill me in. But Can someone help out with some Pro and Cons please

I would make the trade, sell the ECC taking the proceeds and applying them to another LT pOBR as they will be caught up on orders by the end of the year and use the extra $'s for any ammo or accessories you have been remiss on getting as the LT is the better choice of the two. Don't get me wrong, KAC makes a great rifle but bullets don't lie and when one rifle's groups are compared to the other, the LT wins at least 3/4's of the time.

YMMV

Regardless, good luck to you on your decision.

I'd take the ECC in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have even had to think about it! An ECC is my dream 308. I don't think you would regret it!

My Brand new ER was OK with 168 grn fed match (1 MOA) but switching to 175 fed match made a noticeable difference. Consistent 0.75"

SR-25 ER single stage trigger, suppressed, 75-80 deg day.

This, right here. Also, you could sell the KAC like pronto, Tonto. For a 16" .308, the KAC is hard to beat, doubt that there would be a great difference in practical accuracy between the two.

KAC .308 rifles are like hen's teeth to get, and you have someone willing to trade, call that guy NOW…

The ECC or EMC with a MAMS is the tits. The 45 degree off-set irons are slick, soft shooting rifle, I know the price tag has some sticker shock, but if you ever loose your senses and decide to sell, would be gone in minutes.

Needs pic.

How/Where did you get that muzzlebreak?

I don't know man, I love me a little URX4 up front rather than the 3.1

Love the 3.1 and older URX3.

Something about that full slick KM that just reeks cheap. Especialy on a rifle of that class.

I am still on the prowl for a decently priced ECR.

How/Where did you get that muzzlebreak?

They also make a flashhider and amuzzle break that works with their new QDC cans...........and the bonus is it's half the price and doesn't look like a bunch of drunk monkeys welded it together.

No offense to you Texans, but you guys must be experiencing better luck with your LaRue rifles than I did. I bought an OBR a few yrs ago, had to send it back to LaRue three times before they could get it to run. They finally got it sorted out but I had lost interest by that time. Sold it (with full disclosure to the buyer). Certainly not a scientific sample, just my experience.

If Kev told you KAC will stand behind the rifle, do the deal:)

Texas is going to be a blue state in about a 4 years anyway.............what happens when Larue moves to Wyoming?

The seller decided to welch on the deal get me all excited and return a bunch of stuff I ordered for my parue just for him to change his mind. Search is still on I guess.

Love the 3.1 and older URX3.

Something about that full slick KM that just reeks cheap. Especialy on a rifle of that class.

I am still on the prowl for a decently priced ECR.

I'm with you on this one. Held both this week, side by side, the Mod1 felt a touch lighter, not impressed by the Key Mod. Easier for them to produce, doesn't mean it's "better".

Haven't finger diddled an APC yet, not in a big hurry either.

I'll just keep slumming with my EMC.

What is wrong with one of each ;-)

They are both awesome rifles. I have the predatOBR. My buddy has an ECC that I have tried a number of times.

I would love to add a KAC ECC to my inventory but I wouldn't do it at the expense of the Larue.

It's only money

BR,

Same here. I don't think the ECC at $1500 more than my Larue OBR will shoot any better than my OBR. Perhaps if I was in a combat situation my preference would be different. But since my combat day have long past, think Viet Nam era, I don't see the cost differential is justified for the shooting I do now. But if you can get a straight across deal i'd go for it. The save for another LaRue.

I was a KAC fanboy and had an ECC. Today I have a JP LRP07 which shoots fantastic. I also have a KAC SR15 E3 Mod1 14.5" and have been searching for the best replacement. I can sum up my thoughts on KAC in three words -- adjustable gas block.

You should just throw an adj GB on the KAC then. Best of both worlds!
KAC31Switchblock3.jpg

Nice mod!... That would not work well w my c-clamp; however, I had considered using a low profile adj gas block. Having said that, you should not have to make these modifications to a rifle in this class.

I was a KAC fanboy and had an ECC. Today I have a JP LRP07 which shoots fantastic. I also have a KAC SR15 E3 Mod1 14.5" and have been searching for the best replacement. I can sum up my thoughts on KAC in three words -- adjustable gas block.

Why, the gas system is optimized for shooting M855 and MK262 loads. That is why it shoots so soft. Even suppressed, they are not very overgassed. Would do more harm than good (reliability).

Why, the gas system is optimized for shooting M855 and MK262 loads. That is why it shoots so soft. Even suppressed, they are not very overgassed. Would do more harm than good (reliability).

I will respond briefly but I do not want to hijack this thread.

I primarily shoot 556 Black Hills 77gr (aka mk262). Although, depending on the situation, I will run 556 55 or 62 gr... My rifle is overgassed w/out the suppressor. Running my SF SOCOM (I use the SF Brake) it is way over gassed. My understanding is that at some point during the manufacturing process Knights drilled out the gas ports to accomodate those who shoot 223.

My EMC is a bit more accurate than my bud's OBR in both our hands with same ammo. His EMC is even with his OBR. A small sampling of 3 fwiw.

Shane

edited to add by a bit I'm talking roughly = or < .2 moa.

Last edited:
I've got experience interacting with each company, observing and assessing their systems, and conducting repairs/modifications on both of these rifles. Both are great DI rifles, but I'd stick with your Larue.