• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue PredatOBR 7.62

ztw651

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
New to the forum but have been a long time stalker of the community, was wondering if anyone has shot or handeled the LaRue PredatOBR and if it shoots as nicely as the 1st OBR. May be looking to purchase one.

Thanks,

Re: LaRue PredatOBR 7.62

I saw on AR15.com yesterday that someone finally got their PredatOBR shipped! The order was back in March. Hopefully we'll see some reviews coming soon.

I ordered mine in March and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully it ships soon!

I ordered the 5.56 version April 5th. I'm expecting quite a wait, hopefully I am pleasantly surprised.

I called a week or so ago to check and was told to expect September or October.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gun Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw on AR15.com yesterday that someone finally got their PredatOBR shipped! The order was back in March. Hopefully we'll see some reviews coming soon. </div></div>

Source for that? Not seeing it in the Larue forum. People post about their PredatAR orders in the PredatOBR threads routinely.

cant decide whether to just put one on order or to wait for some reveiws
smirk.gif
then again it is Larue so im sure i wont be disappointed

Order now, cancel later if u want - but you might as well get in line. Its gonna be awhile, I'm betting.

A good friend of mine got one & said it did not meet his expectations of 1 MOA or less. Apparently it walked around a lot when it got warm after a few shots. He was devastated. I've personally shot other models (from Larue) & they were great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RufDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good friend of mine got one & said it did not meet his expectations of 1 MOA or less. Apparently it walked around a lot when it got warm after a few shots. He was devastated. I've personally shot other models (from Larue) & they were great. </div></div>

I don't think so, the PredatOBR's have not even been released yet. Unless your friends last name is Costa.

They must be confusing the PredatAR with the PredatOBR. The tOBR, last I was told by Larue would even start production until October, but they were not sure, so I would not doubt if it will be even later. They have been known to give VERY inaccurate wait times. I ordered the tOBR when it was first open to preorder, but waiting in the dark is not my thing, so I just canceled it and I will be ordering an SR-25 ECC in a week, should have it soon after. Im not a fan of the way Mark carries himself in online forums either, so I try not to support him. I do have several of his mounts that I love and wont be going anywhere though.

I've got one one order as well. All they say is 12-14 weeks wait time. I'm not really in a hurry so I'm ok with that.

Don't count on a 12-14 week wait time. Researching the wait times for OBR's people are at over 6 months on arfcom currently. Considering this is the shiny new toy that everyone ordering a Larue want's I would think you might be waiting even longer than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IATigerHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RufDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good friend of mine got one & said it did not meet his expectations of 1 MOA or less. Apparently it walked around a lot when it got warm after a few shots. He was devastated. I've personally shot other models (from Larue) & they were great. </div></div>

I don't think so, the PredatOBR's have not even been released yet. Unless your friends last name is Costa. </div></div>

PredatAR is the one I'm talking about. I must be confused. I'm sure the PredatOBR is money in the bank.

Is it just me or did the Larue PredatOBR page now just added...

"This is a pre-order, actual release date has not been announced."

Wasn't there before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RufDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good friend of mine got one & said it did not meet his expectations of 1 MOA or less. Apparently it walked around a lot when it got warm after a few shots. He was devastated. I've personally shot other models (from Larue) & they were great. </div></div>

Have him call Larue. I am sure they will work with him to make it right. "If you ain't happy, then we ain't happy" is part of their guarantee. Let us know how it goes.

My understanding from talking to the sales rep is that the PredatOBR won't be shipping until much later this year...and realistically I don't expect to see it until Q1 2013.

I did handle the OBRPredator at the shot and the main difference is the weight. The predator has a lighter handgard and a light weight barrel, good for hunting but not as good for rapid fire. OBR has the 20 moa rail, heavy hand gard and heavy barrel.

OBRPredator is a hybrid of the two, no heavy 20 moa rail, lighter handgard and a heavy barrel. I believe it saves around 2 lbs (by my feel).

Just got my 18" OBR in and it is sweet, didn't want to wait the extra few months to save a little weight.

They shouldn't shipping for another couple months. They working on some things with the rifle...
wink.gif
You'll find out when they announce it or when the 1st shipments go out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lj_1187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They must be confusing the PredatAR with the PredatOBR. The tOBR, last I was told by Larue would even start production until October, but they were not sure, so I would not doubt if it will be even later. They have been known to give VERY inaccurate wait times. I ordered the tOBR when it was first open to preorder, but waiting in the dark is not my thing, so I just canceled it and I will be ordering an SR-25 ECC in a week, should have it soon after. Im not a fan of the way Mark carries himself in online forums either, so I try not to support him. I do have several of his mounts that I love and wont be going anywhere though. </div></div>

+1
On Marks Attitude. I do like his mounts. He could use a couple classes in PR. Just sayin.
I did purchase one of the first 762 PredatAR's. It was about 3 months LATE due to the Xtraxn they came up with.
As far as shooting... mine doesn't seeem to mind the heat. I have a Can that is being held captive by the ATF.. I'll have some things to try out.
It did like the AE 168 OTM MIA ammo.. at 21box I'm liking that..

I would like to try one of the Stealths too see if the are sub moa with a can..

I just cancelled my order for the PredatOBR. The wait was just too much at this point. I put the order in March and they are still not in production. That and too much controversy swirling around this XTRAXN thing. I'm sure it will be a great product and I'm kinda bummed about not getting my hands on a Larue. Going with a POF 14.5 with pinned Surefire brake from Rainier Arms and saving a few bucks while I'm at it.

I'm still looking forward to the reports to come back after these start showing up at the ranges.

I also cancelled a Larue order and went with Noveske. I had them build a custom gun and it arrived 5 days later...FOR A CUSTOM BUILD! Noveske's customer service is amazing. Larue makes a good gun but the wait is ridiculous.

Canceled mine a while back after some rude dealings with larue on questions I had on the platform. Picked up a KAC ECC and couldn't be happier. Waiting in the dark was too much for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mtn Troll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the controversy issue in regards to the XTRAXN </div></div>

Very little information coming from LT on what exactly it is. Seems to be the consensus that it's chamber fluting and will make reloading difficult. Not a complete show stopper for me, but a negative mark in my book, if that's truly what it is. But hyping it a bit more for my taste without saying what it is, is more irritating than modifying the chamber.

From what I gather XTRAXN is a spiral chamber fluting that aids in extraction and reliability.

Here is a picture from my 16" OBR. The fluting does make marks on the brass, but it's very light. However, I don't have the knowledge to judge if the integrity of the case has changed.

Chamber.jpg

Yup, that's what the general consensus and the proof is in your photo. But particularly irritating that LT refuses to answer questions about it even when the photos are out there on the internet. That was the controversy that was turning me off and making the wait not worth it anymore.