• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LARUE Tactical

jwilly

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
WA. USA
I have just got to post a big BRAVO-ZULU to these guys. I just placed my first order with them I think this last Sunday. Not only did the 1 item that I purchased for a whopping $29 show up but so did a billet bottle opener, some of their rub, a pair of bumper stickers, but the best part is a pocket <span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">U.S. Constitut</span>ion</span>. To be perfectly honest I am VERY IMPRESSED. I can promise you all I will be promoting LARUE and using them for a long time to come.

Re: LARUE Tactical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn....they bought you cheap.</div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Those were my thoughts exactly!

shocked.gif

Your situational awareness is outstanding

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXPACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your situational awareness is outstanding</div></div>

jwilly, read this again.. ^^^

jwilly, it's a hard crowd here. You are right, Larue is good people. With more expensive orders, they throw a free hat in there, too. The swag is nice, the gear is even nicer. Don't let the jokers get you down!
smile.gif

I'm not worried about a nerple here now and again. It all comes back eventually. I just didn't know companies like this even existed today. As for my situational awareness, I checked and its still there..

I'd rather LaRue stop shelling out the "free" shit and just cut that cost out of the prices of the product. I like the larue stuff i've got so far, but I don't appreciate paying through the nose because Mark likes to stuff his boxes with goodies. It's a brilliant idea though, i'll give 'em that... someone paid attention in freshman psychology. People really feel like they are getting something extra special, they fail to see that that cost is built-in to the product.

I'd pay for dillo dust though, that stuff is just plain awesome. Season up some shredded pork with that and wrap up w/ shredded cheese & hot sauce in a tortilla. MMMM...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I checked and its still there..</div></div>

There are plenty of threads here where you can see the general reaction from the usual crowd. They offer a strong product line.

LaRue makes Good Stuff. I order "sets" or "Combos" from vendors here at the hide and get a lower price and no LaRue stuff.

BMT

I've had really good luck with stuff I've bought from them, which has been a mount for my Aimpoint T-1, a Reminton 700 scope base and a set of QD rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With every blow up doll I sell I put in a shaker container of Dildo Dust. My customers are very loyal. </div></div>

Hell everyone knows if you shake some dillo dust on your pecker the chicks go wild for it.

They do make good products and I own many of them. However, like others have mentioned, I wish the price is a little lower. It would be great if they can sell the dillo dust as a regular item.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd rather LaRue stop shelling out the "free" shit and just cut that cost out of the prices of the product. I like the larue stuff i've got so far, but I don't appreciate paying through the nose because Mark likes to stuff his boxes with goodies. It's a brilliant idea though, i'll give 'em that... someone paid attention in freshman psychology. People really feel like they are getting something extra special, they fail to see that that cost is built-in to the product.

I'd pay for dillo dust though, that stuff is just plain awesome. Season up some shredded pork with that and wrap up w/ shredded cheese & hot sauce in a tortilla. MMMM... </div></div>
Even though their mounts don't return everytime and with Mark being what he is the dillo dust is the only thing from larue that is the same everytime that unlike their mounts returnes with the same taste as when it was first opened
smile.gif
But I have to agree maybe he should stop throwing in the "This will get a post on the forums" freebie for some guy to sell his stuff for him and lower his prices because his mounts cost more and are no longer the best on the market.

Same with me. Bought one of their trick Bipods for my AR, along with their for end handle. Top notch quality, shipping and service. also got the same ditty bag!! will use them again!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rong56345</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair price for <span style="color: #FF0000">unique</span> top notch gear!! </div></div>
Are you serious or was that meant to be taken as a joke?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys got it all wrong, that stuff is FREE!
wink.gif
</div></div>
I think he missed it, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rong56345</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair price for <span style="color: #FF0000">unique</span> top notch gear!! </div></div>
Are you serious or was that meant to be taken as a joke? </div></div>

I'd like to hear how anything LT sells is "unique" other than the Dillo Dust/Sauce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rong56345</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair price for <span style="color: #FF0000">unique</span> top notch gear!! </div></div>
Are you serious or was that meant to be taken as a joke? </div></div>

I'd like to hear how anything LT sells is "unique" other than the Dillo Dust/Sauce </div></div>
Maybe he was speaking about Mark?

How much more expensive are LaRue products than comparable products anyway? I see people complain about the price alot, but I have never really done a comparison.

When you look at competitors like ADM, LaRue is comparably priced. LaRue is expensive, but the price is commensurate with the quality. The price is pretty average when you look at other unimounts and QD mounts. Their QD levers are very tough. Far better than most of the contenders out there (like ARMS) as far as I'm concerned.

OP:
There is a lot of LaRue hatorade on this forum. I still don't know why so many people here don't like Mark LaRue. I have asked people here who have negative attitudes towards LaRue, and I have yet to get a straight succinct explanation of the circumstances. This leads me to believe that the validity of the "hatorade" is pretty suspect and likely only applicable to a select few, with the rest just jumping on the bandwagon Just my observation though. Maybe someone can enlighten me better?

Until that happens, I have a lot of respect and support for LaRue products.

My LaRue story FWIW to you... I recently had a catastrophic failure in my LaRue rifle that damaged the BCG and upper. I called LaRue and they immediately sent me a shipping label and asked me to include the case head and some loaded rounds from the lot of ammo I was using . I sent the rifle in and a few days later got a phone call saying my rifle was repaired and all damaged parts were replaced with new ones FREE OF CHARGE.

Some will immediately assume the failure was due to some flaw in the rifle since they repaired, replaced, and shipped for free, however, the failure was clearly the result of an ammo issue. I won't go into detail about the ammo because it is still being investigated by the very large company that manufactured it and I will not provide the name of the company because this might have been a fluke deal.

It would have been easy for LaRue to charge me since the ammo was clearly the cause, but they didn't.

I really appreciate LaRue covering the expenses and customer service doesn't get any better than that.

Just to be clear, the ammo was produced by a very large company and not one of the many ammo vendors on the Hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you look at competitors like ADM, LaRue is comparably priced. LaRue is expensive, but the price is commensurate with the quality. The price is pretty average when you look at other unimounts and QD mounts. Their QD levers are very tough. Far better than most of the contenders out there (like ARMS) as far as I'm concerned.

OP:
There is a lot of LaRue hatorade on this forum. I still don't know why so many people here don't like Mark LaRue. I have asked people here who have negative attitudes towards LaRue, and I have yet to get a straight succinct explanation of the circumstances. This leads me to believe that the validity of the "hatorade" is pretty suspect and likely only applicable to a select few, with the rest just jumping on the bandwagon Just my observation though. Maybe someone can enlighten me better?

Until that happens, I have a lot of respect and support for LaRue products. </div></div>

Lets see:

When the OBR first came out I called him on a design flaw using the magpul CTR and the normal magpul riser. You basically had to extend the stock fully inorder to work the charging handle. So if you had a jam, short stroke, etc it would take you extra time in order to clear or rechamber another round. The result of this was their riser mod on a rail. Once that was finished the giveaway was "Poison123's Xmas Giveaway". It was done in the most condescending manner towards me.

Then there was the attacks on George Gardner over on barfcum because he ordered a OBR to see what made it so special. Of course all the jackass Pack Larue guys started bashing old George with Mark egging them along.

And let us not forget the bullshit Mark Started with LowLight when over the GDI mounts and their return to zero features. Mark took it personally and actually made calls to LowLights work place telling them to muzzle old LL when LL never made a attack on Mark. And the same antics with the Pack Larue guys followed just as they did with George.

I used to use tons of LT mounts, I've owned a Stealth, OBR Heavy, and a OBR Lite. Did they shoot well.....sure. But I won't support a Owner of a company that is that big of a Douche bag that did what he did. I sold all my LT gear shortly after the cease fire in the Mark / LL conflict for a loss just to get rid of it.

So there you go, my reasons for disliking Mark Larue.

Can you give us a hint on the ammo maker to prevent a kb? This needs be declassified.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My LaRue story FWIW to you... I recently had a catastrophic failure in my LaRue rifle that damaged the BCG and upper. I called LaRue and they immediately sent me a shipping label and asked me to include the case head and some loaded rounds from the lot of ammo I was using . I sent the rifle in and a few days later got a phone call saying my rifle was repaired and all damaged parts were replaced with new ones FREE OF CHARGE.

Some will immediately assume the failure was due to some flaw in the rifle since they repaired, replaced, and shipped for free, however, the failure was clearly the result of an ammo issue. I won't go into detail about the ammo because it is still being investigated by the very large company that manufactured it and I will not provide the name of the company because this might have been a fluke deal.

It would have been easy for LaRue to charge me since the ammo was clearly the cause, but they didn't.

I really appreciate LaRue covering the expenses and customer service doesn't get any better than that.

Just to be clear, the ammo was produced by a very large company and not one of the many ammo vendors on the Hide.

</div></div>

No dog in the fight either way, but I may be swayed if Larue would ever do a run of the damn MK11MOd0 mounts one more time. Fugger.

This is America. if you don't want to buy the friggen stuff, shop somewhere else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you look at competitors like ADM, LaRue is comparably priced. </div></div>

ADM offers dealer pricing; LaRue does not.

ADM mounts do not scar up the rail with the camming action taking place against the rail as opposed to a part of the mount.

ADM mounts can be adjusted to work with different dimension picatinny rails by hand in a matter of seconds without a tool and loc-tite.

You can buy large containers of onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper that will make about a dozen shakers of dildo-like dust from Wal Mart with the savings of your first ADM SPR mount if you can get it a dealer plus a little markup.

Dildo dust?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you look at competitors like ADM, LaRue is comparably priced. </div></div>

ADM offers dealer pricing; LaRue does not.

ADM mounts do not scar up the rail with the camming action taking place against the rail as opposed to a part of the mount.

ADM mounts can be adjusted to work with different dimension picatinny rails by hand in a matter of seconds without a tool and loc-tite.

You can buy large containers of onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper that will make about a dozen shakers of dildo-like dust from Wal Mart with the savings of your first ADM SPR mount if you can get it a dealer plus a little markup. </div></div>

Funny how people take sides and want to pass judgement on someone's purchase because something they heard or something they think they know. Larue makes good stuff and the price is inline with any other company making quality products. If Larue did stop giving away dilo's, stickers and dillo dust others would come here and bitch about that too. Some people just follow blindly and buy stuff because people here tell them to while others don't buy stuff because people bash the seller. It's always he said this and he said that. I'm sure most who posted here have no relevant input because they don't even own a Larue product. As others said, if you don't like Larue products, or Mark Larue, don't buy the stuff. You know the price before you buy it so if there is anything extra in the box, be happy with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny how people take sides and want to pass judgement on someone's purchase because something they heard or something they think they know. Larue makes good stuff and the price is inline with any other company making quality products. If Larue did stop giving away dilo's, stickers and dillo dust others would come here and bitch about that too. Some people just follow blindly and buy stuff because people here tell them to while others don't buy stuff because people bash the seller. It's always he said this and he said that. I'm sure most who posted here have no relevant input because they don't even own a Larue product. As others said, if you don't like Larue products, or Mark Larue, don't buy the stuff. You know the price before you buy it so if there is anything extra in the box, be happy with it. </div></div>
Maybe you should read some previous posts. Poison was a great example plus Mark was nothing but an ass to me. Make up crap and post a thread against a customer type of shit makes me never buy anything from him again. I sold what I had of his and moved on. I have owned all the QD mounts and have found ADM, BOBRO and GDI all out perform larue and on top of that the owners are not assholes.

I've read lots of posts about this subject with the same end results. You have your reasons for your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. However, you said you have moved on. Sounds like you haven't moved on. The opening poster made his comment about how happy he was with his Larue purchase. Then as usual, people use his post to pile on a personal attack of Larue Tactical. Since you owned several Larue products, the cost or quality must not have been your reason for selling, Why not let the OP be happy with his purchase and keep the personal attacks to the previous posts?

I have used Larue mounts on my duty rifles for years, they work. Other manufacturers make fine quality products as well, but I have never had anything but outstanding service and support from Larue. I will confess that it is irrelevant to me if their mount effects the finish underneath as they are work guns used in the real world, they are not pretty. Reliability is the only factor for me that matters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys got it all wrong, that stuff is FREE!
wink.gif
</div></div>
I think he missed it, lol</div></div>
SARCASM-a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark. Your right, I missed the point. As for all you haters, from the sounds of it i"m guessing you don't care to do business with Larue, is that a correct assumption? Then don't and move on. Nothing but bitch, bitch bitch. I would be willing to bet there are many folks here that have nothing but praise for Larue. Go play in your own cat box..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read lots of posts about this subject with the same end results. You have your reasons for your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. However, you said you have moved on. Sounds like you haven't moved on. The opening poster made his comment about how happy he was with his Larue purchase. Then as usual, people use his post to pile on a personal attack of Larue Tactical. Since you owned several Larue products, the cost or quality must not have been your reason for selling, Why not let the OP be happy with his purchase and keep the personal attacks to the previous posts? </div></div>

It must be a Texas thing?

Does he make decent gear? Ya I guess.
Is he a jackass when you doubt his product in the least bit? Hell yes.
Has his product been proven to not function as he claims it will? Yes.

I personally like how he got on the boards and claimed his 16" OBR would make multiple accurate hits at a mile. That really cracks me up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyScrapin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXPACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your situational awareness is outstanding</div></div>

jwilly, read this again.. ^^^ </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys got it all wrong, that stuff is FREE!
wink.gif
</div></div>
I think he missed it, lol</div></div>
SARCASM-a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark. Your right, I missed the point. As for all you haters, from the sounds of it i"m guessing you don't care to do business with Larue, is that a correct assumption? Then don't and move on. Nothing but bitch, bitch bitch. I would be willing to bet there are many folks here that have nothing but praise for Larue. Go play in your own cat box..
</div></div>

Tried to give you a heads up... You'll find plenty of larue threads that started the same and ended the same.

Boy, that escalated quickly...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VePxbFQ-qfw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VePxbFQ-qfw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So I also purchased a KNS pin kit, anybody want to bash these guys? I also am happy with their service and shipping. Come on, I'm sure somebody has something to say. For what it's worth, I am still happy with my $29 purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I also purchased a KNS pin kit, anybody want to bash these guys? I also am happy with their service and shipping. Come on, I'm sure somebody has something to say. For what it's worth, I am still happy with my $29 purchase. </div></div>

Did you at least get a sticker?

No, these guys sent me a fully loaded Dillon 1050! Now I can be as cool as the rest of the folks here on the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I also purchased a KNS pin kit, anybody want to bash these guys? I also am happy with their service and shipping. Come on, I'm sure somebody has something to say. For what it's worth, I am still happy with my $29 purchase. </div></div>
I like KNS and agree they are GTG. I have only had one AR with walk issues and it was old and used hard causing the pins to open a bit. Most ARs will never need them but I would rather have and not need than need and not have
smile.gif