• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Laser Choice - Need Help/Advice

skatz11

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Lexington, KY
I’ve been debating getting into NV.

I’ve just about talked myself into a quality PVS14 in 2021, but I can’t decide on a laser.

I’m torn between the following

Mawl
DBAL D2
CQBL-1 + IR Flashlight/Illuminator
PERST3
Grey Market Full Power whatever I can get my hand on

I probably won’t be using the gear a lot, but I want the capability to shoot in the dark. I like having nice things and learning/training to be proficient with it.

Thanks!
Scott

I’ve been debating getting into NV.

I’ve just about talked myself into a quality PVS14 in 2021, but I can’t decide on a laser.

I’m torn between the following

Mawl
DBAL D2
CQBL-1 + IR Flashlight/Illuminator
PERST3
Grey Market Full Power whatever I can get my hand on

I probably won’t be using the gear a lot, but I want the capability to shoot in the dark. I like having nice things and learning/training to be proficient with it.

Thanks!
Scott
Hi Scott, first off your learning/training with the gear is VERY noble which so many seem to bypass at times.

My vote since you spelled out your budget is the MAWL which wins hands down for performance, warranty and Made in the USA. You don't need a IR pointer at 20mW+ unless you're planning on calling in JDAM strikes and the MAWL's Class 1's IR lum is the best out there with virtually no visible signature.

Hope this helps.

Mawl is great. It is no less useful to you than the latest and greatest restricted stuff for the reasons Vic mentions, and it is more user friendly than anything else. It is better than all but the latest generation full power stuff imo.

I have a perst 3, dbal a2, and peq15, all Fp. Havent played with a MAWL. Of those units, the two US models are nice because there are lots of pressure switch options. The perst I think shines as an illuminator with a clip on where you can dial the power up and down. By far, the A2 has the cleanest IR illumination, followed closely by the perst 3, and way behind is the peq15. The perst has the simplest “switchology,” closely followed by the peq and then way behind you see the A2 with its two dials.

If you are running and gunning, the peq is a great classic option and if you see a deal for under 2K, worth snagging.

Thanks for the advice. That all makes sense to me. I’m going to plan on budgeting for MAWL. I know I’d end up with one anyway eventually. Next step is to try and link up with some local NV shooters or dealers so I can hopefully demo some of this stuff.

It’s difficult for me to jump in and spend the money without seeing this stuff in person. I got to look through a friend’s green phosphor pinnacle PV14 briefly at a night match a few weeks ago. That’s my only fIrsthand experience with this stuff, but it hooked me for sure!

Reactions: NiteQwill
Wait until you look through some high quality filmless WP dual tubes... Just stare at the stars for hours. Very easy on the eyes. Life changing. 😮😬