• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Laser Designators Rock

Aye-Are-10

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
Finially got to use my ND3x50 subzero last night! Man, never would have thought bunnies would be that easy to see at night. Picked up a coyote at around 300 yards, didnt shoot as i have it mounted on my 22lr right now, but if i had the proper rifle it would have been a breeze. Just excited so i figured i'd rant a little bit... they are WELL worth the money, and i havent heard nuch about them. Can anyone show me they're set-up? Id like to improve mine.

Finially got to use my ND3x50 subzero last night! Man, never would have thought bunnies would be that easy to see at night. Picked up a coyote at around 300 yards, didnt shoot as i have it mounted on my 22lr right now, but if i had the proper rifle it would have been a breeze. Just excited so i figured i'd rant a little bit... they are WELL worth the money, and i havent heard nuch about them. Can anyone show me they're set-up? Id like to improve mine.

I'm actually starting a project using a laser as a light source. I chose red light because it is proven more effective for coyotes. Any light can work, green, red, white, but for a coyote red shows up as a gray and usually gives a few seconds longer for a shot. Green is the best to see at night for the human eye. The laser that you have is a 50mW green beam. The one I purchased is a ~250mW red beam. The laser I bought was $47 shipped from a reputable laser buyer. The range of the beam for this one is said to be 2 mi while the rating for the 100mW green laser is 5 miles. I assume that has to do with the color of the laser, the green spectrum is that much easier to see.

I will have to paint the laser black since it will most likely arrive unpainted. I'm waiting on the diameter so I can order a mount that will fit. I'm looking into a pressure switch, hopefully that is very possible. This laser is focusable, it will light matches, pop balloons and burn through think black plastic. Focused out, it should provide a good beam down range for illumination. This is more of a budget project, I'm looking into what price this will end up and how effective, but red is a requirement. This particular laser runs off of an 18650 battery. I already have one for a headlamp, but they cost about $10 a piece (rechargeable) and a decent charger will set you back $20. Also, a laser like this has a duty cycle that is around 60s on, 60s off. It just comes with the territory. I don't think it will be a huge deal, quick scans at a time until you're ready for a shot.