• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Laser Genetics ND3

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
Anyone have experience with Laser Genetics ND3? Or any of their other illuminators. A guy at work was really bragging about it but from some of the reviews I read, it suffered at low temps and just generally not happy with it. Curious to know if anyone on here has had any experience with it.

Re: Laser Genetics ND3

I have a customer with one. He came in bragging how much money he saved over buying an NVG and how many dogs he would now be killing. He came in a week or so later and wanted to trade it on a Glock. I told him thanks but no thanks.

It should be called a coyote repellent. it's on a wavelength that the yotes down here can see, cuz once flashed, they'll never look back again.

Foxes, cats, pigs, possums & coons are okay if you don't burn them with the beam too tight.

Temp's were down in high twenties when this pic was taken and it wouldn't even turn on.
RedFox_zpsba078491.jpg

Let it warm up and it'll burn your eyes out of your sockets.

It can be useful, but not in all situations. Would I buy another one....maybe for long, long range scanning during the summer months; not really sure.

If you want a cheaper, effective night vision illuminator. Look at the "Luna" laser IR desginator/illuminator. For the money, it'll make your 1st gen NV gear perform like high end 2nd gen NV gear.

Rod Pinkston at Jagerpro makes a picatinny rail adapter for them. Good stuff.

Cheers,
Breeze

I have ND 3x50 and love it for hogs and coons. Southbreeze is right though, 'yotes don't like it.

Mine is mounted to my spotting scope, giving it effective nightvision range out to 400 yards.

photo2-6.jpg