• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Laser rangefinder testing

That was an impressive review, But one thing bothers me is why they got so many miss reads as they say under ideal conditions yet I dont get that many under adverse conditions, But in their defense they were actually using correct sized targets which in its self is a bugger to aim a lrf at AT the best of times,,

Seems like the Terrapin being under $2000 and be best allrounder is the way to go,

thanks for posting it,

John

The only thing missing was a set of Swaro's for testing.

I had gotten a very good ebay deal on the old 7x50's big older version (1500yd range), they did work very well, heavy so the stayed in the rig or in range bag, glass was a bit dark. Used them for 5 years

& then found another ebay deal ($300) on newer set 7x40 (1500yd range also) (have ranged houses at 1680), much more compact, bit lighter, better glass

less than 1/2 of any other deals

I do run older Leica 1200 rangemaster monocular for carry/hunting , but the newcons are easier to use/range, field of view - the whole bino thing over mono