• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Last ditch effort to locate bullets

charlottemagic1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2013
I'm having a very hard time finding
.308 fmjbt WITHOUT cannelures. Please point me in the right direction.

Powder Valley has factory seconds .308 175 GR HPBT (500) for $115.95
and .308 175 gr. HPBT MatchKing (500) for $153.83

Last edited:
I'm doubting that you are going to find a FMJBT without canalure unless it's Lapua. No one else makes them.

There are a lot of HPBT Match bullets out there though.

Mind if I ask why? It seems most people avoid a cannelure because they think it may affect accuracy or BC. But FMJ's aren't inherently accurate to begin with, so if you're looking for a match bullet, you probably want to be using HPBT. The exception would be the Lapua Lockbase bullets.

BTW, I'm not trying to stomp on your choice of bullet. I'm genuinely curious as to why you're looking for N/C FMJBT's specifically.

Try Graf

GRAF BULLET 30c (.308) 150gr FMJBT BULK PER 100

Our Price:

$21.99

Try Graf

GRAF BULLET 30c (.308) 150gr FMJBT BULK PER 100

Our Price:

$21.99
No image available, Bet you a sawbuck they have a cannelure.

This is the only 30cal bullet I know of that does NOT have a canelure:
Graf & Sons - LAPUA 30(.308)150gr FMJBT BULLET LOCK-BASE 100/bx

If you are gonna shoot 150gr FMJs trust me, whatever you think you are gaining by not having a cannelure you might as well just get what you can get. They tend to be on the low side of performance anyway. Now the Lapua IS a performance bullet. Please tell us why you need FMJs we deserve to know...strictly for entertainment purposes mind you.

I suppose you could take a little epoxy, fill in the cannelure, then polish each bullet flat? Or you could just accept that the cannelure is probably having a negligible effect on the ballistics of your round.

These actually will not be shot, im going to tap them for a stud. I plan on using these instead of standard metak spikes for a pow/mia leather piece. I visually prefer non canned bullets. Worst case Ill drill the lock ends out.

uh, im sorry to tell you , but no one makes that kind of bullet. Its not practical , to make or to shoot. So I doubt you'll find any. I think an amax bullet is as close as you'll get, no cannelure, and its not a hollow point... at least your search is over. sry =(

Privi Partizan makes a .308 FMJBT match bullet. They shoot alright and are a great bullet for an M1A or a Garand. I purchased about 1500 of them a few years ago.