• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Last Knob Creek shoot

Didn’t get any explaination. If anything i would “guess” maybe insurance could be a problem with the current anti gun BS going on. The range is not closing just not having any more organized shoots.

Attachments

• F8C1CFC4-3B87-4C41-A112-275985C5CE2B.jpeg
    F8C1CFC4-3B87-4C41-A112-275985C5CE2B.jpeg
    490.8 KB · Views: 144
That sucks. I was/am planning on going this fall. More info please.

Didn’t get any explaination. If anything i would “guess” maybe insurance could be a problem with the current anti gun BS going on. The range is not closing just not having any more organized shoots.

That is going to be a crazy time, but a packed crowd too. Last time I was scheduled to go was the year of the flood. I'm sure everyone has seen those pictures.

I too would bet insurance is the issue.

It's been a long and successful run!

Reactions: Plinker 73
On my bucket list....damn....
If I’m going, I guess October is my last chance. It’s 11 hours from my house. And that’s going through Memphis, so I better tack on another 3-4 hours.

On my bucket list....damn....
If I’m going, I guess October is my last chance. It’s 11 hours from my house. And that’s going through Memphis, so I better tack on another 3-4 hours.

Take a camper and hope you can find a place to set it up. If not you may have to stay in Memphis. There will be no place to stay and probably no place in the campgrounds if you don't already have a reservation.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
I live about 2 hours away and have never been. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Im only six hours south. Have some very good friends in E Town KY. HMMM.

I hate to hear this. I had some great times there through the years. The night fire is a hoot.

What weekend is it. Will be the only chance I ever get to take the 2 youngest. Some of my best memories as a kid were going with dad

I have been to the shoot several times and it was always a great time. My understanding is the same gentleman has been organizing and coordinating the shoot for eons and he is getting into his golden years and wanting to spend his time doing other things. Didn’t sound like there was anyone else who was willing to step up and do all the work.

Very sad to read this,
Its been on my bucket list since I read about it as a kid.

I quit going some years ago due to the crowds & parking issues.

It's a grand show, but don't beat yourself up too bad by missing it. Unless being packed in like a sardine is your thing.

I quit going some years ago due to the crowds & parking issues.

It's a grand show, but don't beat yourself up too bad by missing it. Unless being packed in like a sardine is your thing.

Yes, parking is bad, really bad. Has been for 10 or more years. Camping spaces are all gone and hotels were booked years in advance. My last time was the year before the floods. There were some fun times, but like everything else, it got expensive.

I'm local to the range, Kenny, the owner, isn't too old. I believe he's in his early 60s. He owns the range, and also organized the Machine Gun Shoots. I have a family member who is retired who shots there 1-2x a week. He asked Kenny why this was the last year for it, according to him Kenny said it's a liability for his insurance, and having last minute cancelations (I'm assuming vendors).

What weekend is it. Will be the only chance I ever get to take the 2 youngest. Some of my best memories as a kid were going with dad
October 8 and 9. Friday and Saturday . See you all there

Anyone else headed that way this weekend? Ill be leaving NC Thursday!

Thank you! We will do our best. I have no idea what to expect haha

Just make sure you take plenty of cash. With ammo prices what they are, the fees to shoot someone's machine gun is going to be through the roof. But you will come away with the biggest smile you've ever had.

Reactions: warnera1102
Just make sure you take plenty of cash. With ammo prices what they are, the fees to shoot someone's machine gun is going to be through the roof. But you will come away with the biggest smile you've ever had.
I appreciate the tip. Yeah I have one or 2 I want to pull the trigger on.
How are the vendors and all?

It's been years since I went. I had plans to go when they flooded. Haven't been able to make it back after that. I can't imagine what they will have for the finale, but I bet it will be big.

Liability issues huh? Geeee who would've thought? 🙄

In all seriousness though I know I have talked lots of shit about that range and it's patrons and machine guns in general, but I in no way shape or form EVER wanted it to end for those who enjoy it. I hope and pray you all find a new spot for the expensive full auto fun you enjoy.

My sons and I got a hotel for the night shoot!

When did you make the reservations? I would have thought the area would have sold out immediately after the announcement, if not before. Years ago, you'd have to book the next year when checking out.

Any hide member attending the shoot feel free to stop at the big cannon on left side of the range ( first thing as you enter the firing line ). I would enjoy putting faces with names. Just ask for RAD most of the guys up know me.
Gray haired old fat guy
Rad

Well that first day was something else. My buddy got there an hour before me and was stuck in traffic. I parked about 2 miles away and walked in. When I found him in traffic he was still over a mile out, and an hour later he texted me that he was turning around and calling it a day.

I had a great time though!

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
An amazing experience.
Definitely a crazy time, I'm glad we went on Friday vs Saturday.
I heard numbers upwards of 15k people.