• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Last of Us

I watched it. If you aren't familiar with the video game it was based on, there will be some interesting twists. That is if they stay true to the source material. First episode was decent.

I heard the first game is amazing but the 2nd was complete crap. So I have no interest in watching it. But if it’s based on the first one then, I would think it will be pretty good based on what I have heard. Not a gamer though….haven’t touched one in 30 years.

Reactions: LilGucci
First game was shit and totally overrated. Second game was full of woke bullshit such as two underage lesbos making out that had nothing to do with the plot of the game. One of the main reasons I don't play modern games is that fucking woke bullshit. I don't wanna see trans rights or BLM crap on the loading screen while I'm trying to get away from real life bullshit. GamerGate v2.0 needs to step in!

I have no reference for source, last game console I had, suffered an untimely malfunction.

I watched the first episode tonight, surprisingly I liked it.

I watched it last night. I thought it was good and will continue to watch. While it appears to be your standard dystopian zombie show, it held my interest.

I liked it but know nothing about the game. I do like that the infection is fungal instead of viral. That opens up a lot of options for the show.

First episode was decent. I’m in the process of watching a 30 minute plot summary that includes all the source material up to the beginning of the 2nd game.

Unfortunately I’ve never played the games because they were exclusive to PlayStation (I think).

Reactions: LilGucci
First game was shit and totally overrated. Second game was full of woke bullshit such as two underage lesbos making out that had nothing to do with the plot of the game. One of the main reasons I don't play modern games is that fucking woke bullshit. I don't wanna see trans rights or BLM crap on the loading screen while I'm trying to get away from real life bullshit. GamerGate v2.0 needs to step in!

Imagine that, you hated two girls making out.

Both games as a whole were great. Second one was fuckin brutal as far as what happens to some of the characters. At times it was like you were playing a movie with a great story to it. They are making a LoU 3 game but not exactly sure where they are going to go with it.

First episode was true to the first game and I read that some of the scenes were filmed almost exactly as they happen in the game. These zombies are not your Walking Dead kind. I'm hoping they don't screw this up.

Both games as a whole were great. Second one was fuckin brutal as far as what happens to some of the characters. At times it was like you were playing a movie with a great story to it. They are making a LoU 3 game but not exactly sure where they are going to go with it.

First episode was true to the first game and I read that some of the scenes were filmed almost exactly as they happen in the game. These zombies are not your Walking Dead kind. I'm hoping they don't screw this up.
Didn’t they kill the main guy in the second game and made you play the big chick that brutally killed him? I honestly don’t know but that is what I heard.

💥Spoilers💥 bro! Hahaha! Since you let the cat out of the bag, you flip between Ellie and Abby because you find out that the Dr. that Joel killed is Abby's(big girl) father. Switching back and forth you understand each person's point of view of the whole situation and their motivation of what they've done and are trying to do. Some of the best story telling I've seen in movies much less a video game.
Didn’t they kill the main guy in the second game and made you play the big chick that brutally killed him? I honestly don’t know but that is what I heard.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138

I was waiting for it with some anticipation, but thought it was only OK…. I was tired as hell from work and fell asleep a couple times though, so I’ll give it another try this weekend.

If there’s teenage lesbians making out to come though, I’m in! LoL

Can we get a Zombie game with a virus out of China that turns out to be due to a lab leak of a gain of function study funded by the National Institutes of Health? Lots of possibilities for zombies, evil humans, and twists and turns.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
1674067329837.png

Pfffttt......let me know when they make a movie about this dude!

Couldn't disagree more.

TLOU is still probably my favorite game. One of the main characters is a gay 14 year old girl. You wouldn't have even known it if not for the first game expansion. It wasn't part of the plot, and it wasn't a thing.

If you're going to have gay characters in a game, this is how you do it.

In the second game she's an adult and has a girlfriend. It's what they do. There was a bit more LGBT stuff, but not enough to ruin the game. They didn't cram it in your face

Reactions: --BLACKOUT--
The Ellie to Abby switch was awkward and unwelcomed for a minute, but it still turned out to be a great game

Show was very good imo.

There's an opening to the game that's shocking and rough. I think they did a good job with it.

One element I don't like about the adaptation from the game to the show is that they took out the gas mask and spores scenes. Those were some intense moments in the game and I can't imagine why they would do that. Spores, gas masks, inside dark buildings and a finicky flashlight... makes me wonder...

I think they will include this. It's is too much a part of the story to leave out. I don't remember if there was a spore scene at this point in the game's timeline.

Judging by the trailer, it looked like they're hitting on all the big points and all the players.

There was an announcement that spores would be removed from the show and the tendrils would be used instead.

Not sure how to link, it was on Twitter

Too early to tell, but I cannot say it really grabbed me...will give it a chance...

It lost me right off the bat when the chick was stirring eggs in a no stick pan with a metal utensil. Hollywood can't get anything right!
I do that shit all the time....using metal utensils in a non-stick pan that is.
Fuck stirring eggs, I want them sunny side up.
If the pan gets so scratched it's no longer non-stick ? I buy a new one.
I don't see a problem there.

I thought the show was....ehh....mediocre at best ?

I do that shit all the time....using metal utensils in a non-stick pan that is.
Fuck stirring eggs, I want them sunny side up.
If the pan gets so scratched it's no longer non-stick ? I buy a new one.
I don't see a problem there.

I thought the show was....ehh....mediocre at best ?
Cretin

Indiana Jones was a sissy compared to Pitfall Harry! That was probably the last Atari 2600 series game I played as a kid. I know morons my age who still play those online games and such....meh...anywho....may check out the series at some point....didn't somebody mentions lesbians in it..?? :unsure:

Watching first episode now. First thoughts, the intro is very game of thrones, just like Yellowstone

Watching first episode now. First thoughts, the intro is very game of thrones, just like Yellowstone
How so? Like opening credits music? Honestly, the Yellowstone opening credit song has a very, very close sound to parts of The Rock's theme song.

Also, haven't watched it yet but will maybe once all episodes air. I personally think, if done right, God of War would be the greatest game to turn in to a series. So far that belongs to The Witcher though but I guess that is more based on the books than the game. It's about to go off the rails when they switch from Henry Cavill to Liam Hemsworth.

How so? Like opening credits music? Honestly, the Yellowstone opening credit song has a very, very close sound to parts of The Rock's theme song.

Also, haven't watched it yet but will maybe once all episodes air. I personally think, if done right, God of War would be the greatest game to turn in to a series. So far that belongs to The Witcher though but I guess that is more based on the books than the game. It's about to go off the rails when they switch from Henry Cavill to Liam Hemsworth.
The style.

Watched the first episode and thought it was good. I kind of wish the timeline transition wasn't so quick.

The opening credits are similar to the game. The score is the same.

The story so far is very close to the game with minor changes except for no spores. That's a big change, but they explained that they believe the tendril fibers thing will play better on the screen. It actually makes the zombies more scary.

Liking so far. We'll see

The second episode somewhat established a bit more of the 'back-story' and/or 'history' of how it stated. Some of this episode was interesting, some what 'directorial-license' and some was......

See for yourself to decide.

Yeah, I hope they continue the flashbacks to the back story. Funny they chose Indonesia instead of China... maybe that's the way it was in the game, know nothing about that.

Well, I just started watching it. They’ve managed to include world wide pandemic, and global warming, almost in the same sentence.
Gonna hit play now, and watch the rest of it.

Not a gamer, didn't even know it was game base till just now, still couldn't give 2 shits.

However, Like they always seems to do, they made the preview look OK, so I got it set to record.
Once I get 5 or 6 episodes on there, I'll give it a go, and see if it measures up.

You can trust HBO to turn this into a steaming pile. Lure people in with a few good trailers and a great first episode........a masculine, believable, main character, likeable daughter, neighbors, and a bit of action.

Plot develops, and now it's time to introduce all of the peripheral characters......the bipoc lesbian freedom fighters, the bad a** b*****, and the gay romance novel.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138