• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

last time...actually 3rd time. i give you the 3TAC

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
as in 3rd time is a charm, lol. here. im done. need to torque the barrel and its finished. thats why only one screw in the badger and no YHM QD on the barrel

5255851529_b2ecdb595b_b.jpg

first off the MEGA MA-10 is a great set. comes with stuff that makes it a great bargain. light. i did not weigh the stripped set. i will weigh the rifle later. its anodized perfect. i should have gotten better pictures of the inside. there is a tension screw to tighten the upper to lower fit. the rear takedown pin has the spring retained with a set screw, nice touch. if you have a timney trigger, put in only the hammer pin, then the safety, then the trigger pin. i tried DPMS and JD Machine and this is the best of the group. i had things not fit with both previous tries and this solves both issues for me. ok pics.

5256463436_0612358608_b.jpg

5255850619_c88a398d37_b.jpg

5256462670_3521aeee0b_b.jpg

Re: last time...actually 3rd time. i give you the 3TAC

looks awesome axe, bet it will be well worth the wait.

Mega makes such a sweet product.

The rig looks good boss!

funny part is looking at the pics i was thinking i cant even open the box in my house with my akita hairs and the heater throwing dust all over i knew i was just gonna get one shot at a good clean photo. my choice of stock gave me an issue in one case but it fits tight here. i want to try a 10X scope on it but the 1-4x DMS is really decent. ill keep looking for something to stretch it out

lazy you gotta stop flashing that big 10 incher man, lol

you know thats a song right??

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/00zuDUNTeXM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/00zuDUNTeXM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

looks good. Barrel maker? I just built a ma-10 with a 16" rainier barrel and am having APA build me one with a 22" rock barrel. Hopefully that one will be a shooter.

A question- what length gas system and barrel? I am thinking about trying a Lijia drop in 20" barrel that has a rifle length system and having it shortened to 16". Any thoughts about the functionality of this setup- that is a rifle length gas system with a 16" barrel?

Thanks.

sorry axe, it's on my sig and you'll see it every time I post
wink.gif
. Let us know how she shoots

Wish my deflector looked that pretty. First thing I marred on my last mega kit.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good. Barrel maker? I just built a ma-10 with a 16" rainier barrel and am having APA build me one with a 22" rock barrel. Hopefully that one will be a shooter.

A question- what length gas system and barrel? I am thinking about trying a Lijia drop in 20" barrel that has a rifle length system and having it shortened to 16". Any thoughts about the functionality of this setup- that is a rifle length gas system with a 16" barrel?

Thanks. </div></div>

its a black hole weaponry barrel. 18" with rifle gas. i think knights uses a 16" with rifle. i read his/their posts and they used a high speed camera to work it all out. others run 16 with rifle gas too. i think if you have a smith or the skills to do the work to tune it, a 16" with rifle gas would be fine. my only option before finding BHW was buying a longer 20-22-24 inch barrel and having that cut down to 18" or 16" and trying that. what i wanted was for the adjustable gas block to be accessable as i want to get a can eventually. but it was getting it shortened that slowed me down and made me look around and eventually find BHW. if you use them, send them your bolt to use when they do the extension. click my name and view the posts and read and decide on your own to use them. guys here love them, barrel is fine, but it took a bit to get it there. for me at least.

post a pic of your 16" setup if you would, id love to see that

nice axe i'm glad you finally got what you were looking for

that JD set had better finish bigjoe. i spotted a few mill marks on this set. nothing big, but they were there. JD may be beefier too. id like to see the weight on each, but i put this one together already, lol. ill weigh this one asap. this mag well is just like DPMS and CMMG were. not alot of wiggle front to back and the mag drops free when empty in any position. stock fits tight on this set just like the DPMS and CMMG. that hole on the back under the buffer hole is 0.500" or less and it pulls the collar tight and really keeps it from wiggling. i wish you were closer joe, id love to show you this one. if you get a chance to see a MEGA MA-10 take a look.

i will probably buy one just for the hell of it, why not

That looks really good.
I'm thinking of using that Ace adjustable stock on a .308 build.
Does the stock provide enough height to get a good cheek weld for the scope?

im kinda torn. this is the long one. its the perfect length as it is. i can extend it, but it would be too long it i did. with the short one, i think having the shorter (3" i think?) one would be nice on a 16" or this 18" and then being able to extend it to this length. you see the mount i use, i get a great weld when i pull it up. i am thinking i will wrap some 550 para and knot it and use the knot as a weld reference to hit my cheekbone. its straight back from the lower like a collapsable stock would be, kinda like they all are really unless you add something to raise you up. but i like it. i wish i could have tried the shorter version of this. bulky jackets or baggy clothes may catch on the stock, but its 10.5" so its not much longer than anything else is it?

thats nice dtac. sweet looking rifle. i need to win the lotto or have a slip and fall so i can get a few top shelf scopes, lol

and i am range impaired cyb. but, my buddy just cleared a true 100 yard range in his back yard. im headed there this weekend i hope. unless his booty call gal has him proned out again, lol

well I hope for your buddy's sake that his gf has him proned out.
I'm hoping to get a deer this weekend with mine.
BTW- how is yours shooting? I'm not having the best luck getting sub moa. Every now and then I'll get there, but not consistently. Its probably me. I'm going to have a smith here in houston shoot it and see what it can really do.