• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Latest cerakote job

cast1

Polyhobbyism sufferer
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Did this last night on a friend’s match rifle. Supposed to look like Kuiu Vias but it’s really a bit too busy to be spot on. I like it nonetheless tho.

C863D0F3-E784-4036-8F65-2727430B9B7C.jpeg

Nice job - did you use the Freedom stencil? And did you bake between colors or let dry, apply next set of stencils, paint over existing color?

Those are the freedom stencils. Colors are graphite black, patriot brown, sniper grey, and coyote tan, in that order. Flash at 180F for about 12 minutes between coats. Fully cure after last coat, then peel all stencils.

Last edited:
That’s awesome! How much do you charge to do a entire bolt gun with scope and bipod?

Nice job.
Patriot Brown is my go-to usually for brown in a camo job.
I've never had success with that short a flash time when layering, damn if I know why...seems less than 20 or so they'll pull the paint off.

That turned out nice Cast!

I normally flash for 20 mins @ 200-250F and pull the part to cool down before I spray another coat/color on.

Thank you guys. This is going on a 25x47L build I am doing. I’m excited about it. I’ll post some pics of the stock fully assembled and the rifle when it gets finished.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I love seeing more .257 Ace builds. My 25BR is in the mail coming to me now. Its an amazing bullet.