• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Latest rifle - Sauer 205

Brazense

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Sweden
I recently switched my Sauer 200 for another (Sig) Sauer, the 205.

Basically the same thing except a double stack 10 rnd magazine and a stock divided in two (visible at the bolt handle).

This is what it looks like with the 20 inch 308 barrel and a Hausken silencer, I also have a 74 cm 6,5x55 barrel which will be the primary barrel for competitions.

Very nice ergos, the buttplate can be tilted, angled, etc. The two stage trigger can be moved back and forth and of course adjusted for weight and so forth.

Shot it for the first time today (in 6,5, 308 yet to come) and it performed very well. The possibility to adjust the butt plate in alot of ways really facilitates better recoil mgmt than the 200 STR, which only adjusts up/down.

P1050922.jpg

P1050921.jpg

P1050923.jpg

Re: Latest rifle - Sauer 205

Im incredibly envious. My Sig Sauer collection needs to grow further. 5 isnt enough

Very Nice rifle. Never liked wood stocks but that ones looks like a winner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice rifle. Never liked wood stocks but that ones looks like a winner. </div></div>

It's a kind of walnut laminate so it's very strong. And rather nice looking if you ask me. :)

What Sig rifles do you have Alderleet?

That is an awesome piece you have there sir, congrats!!

All of my sigs are handguns. I need a rifle or 2 from them now...

That is a very neat rifle. Would be nice if it were available here.

How do you go about finding one of those for yourself. Saw them in the factory being made for the Finn's but you never see them for sale here in the US.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you go about finding one of those for yourself. Saw them in the factory being made for the Finn's but you never see them for sale here in the US. </div></div>

I bought it used from a shooting buddy who in turn bought it new in Finland (next door to Sweden).

My knowledge is limited but as far as I know, this model of the 205 called the moose biathlon was made only for the finnish market for their "Ski, then shoot a (paper) moose, then ski some more" competitions. A couple of other 205's were made, such as the Phantom (skeleton aluminum stock, the Target (laminated beech stock) and a police model in black laminated wood.

When it comes to availability, I belive the 205 is discontinued.

It uses the same barrels as the 200 STR/SIG 3000 though so barrels are easy to come by. Available in lengths from 67 to 74 cm in 7,62x51, 6,5x55 and 6BR and the cost is about 650 USD here in Swe. Heym, Sauer and Norma barrels are offered.

The silencer is a Hausken, norwegian made high quality (and priced) silencers who usually fare very well in tests.

//M

Thank you very much for the detailed information! You have a beautiful rifle there.

that is a beautiful rifle stock. I never thought that you could make a wood stock look modern and tactical but damn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice rifle. Never liked wood stocks but that ones looks like a winner. </div></div>x2, 100%

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a very neat rifle. Would be nice if it were available here. </div></div>

Yep,I wish...

OK, this is me shooting the rifle in question. Any comments or criticism on my technique are most welcome.

I'm the guy with the bright yellow ear guards/black pants/brown jacket/ugly face.

Sauer 205 - YouTube

Very nice looking rig. Never been a fan of a wood stock but after looking
at that one it would be an exception.

Switched barrels and sights today on the range to check if the zero held and it was dead on at 300 meters.

Nice! :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vettern</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, this is me shooting the rifle in question. Any comments or criticism on my technique are most welcome.

I'm the guy with the bright yellow ear guards/black pants/brown jacket/ugly face.

Sauer 205 - YouTube </div></div>

Looks like everyone else but you has a shooting mat. That snow sure looks cold and wet.
smile.gif

Kind of....but less stuff during shoots enables me to focus more on judging wind and distance. This perticular session was on a range with known distances but usually we are in the terrain and have limited time to judge distance, wind and to engage the targets so I rather experience a bit of pelvic coldness then start fiddling with mats and stuff. :)

hi,

Whats your veiw on the 22lr conversion / kit , are they good or bad ?

Also , do you use the same magazine for both 6.5 & 308 , and have you had any trouble with the mag ?

Cheers Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vettern</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When it comes to availability, I belive the 205 is discontinued.

It uses the same barrels as the 200 STR/SIG 3000 though so barrels are easy to come by. Available in lengths from 67 to 74 cm in 7,62x51, 6,5x55 and 6BR and the cost is about 650 USD here in Swe. Heym, Sauer and Norma barrels are offered.

//M </div></div>

My dealer offered me a Sauer 205 in.308win 67cm barrel. I was kinda interested but since the 205 model is discontinued I thought that barrels are hard to find. Is it really so that the 200STR/ SSG3000 barrels fit the 205? Did you have the 6.5mm barrel from your previous rifle? If the barrels from other models fit it would be good news, I'd really reconsider buying the rifle.

The moose biathlon version you have was available few years ago here in Finland. I think the only difference was the short barrel with a silencer thread.

Man that is a cool rig... looks like you already know what it can do as well.. Good luck with it!

Late reply chrisf but the conversion kits are widely used in the str. Probably gets the job done but i havent tried it in the 205.

I've actually sold it to a friend. Or lend-lease might be a better term since I have an option to buy it back...if he'll sell it that is. :) If I stumble apon one I'll let you know.

The purpose was to fund another rifle, a Kipplauf. Just got the bug and had to have one, expensive as it might be.

bla1.jpg