• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Latest...

Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoyed the thread. Nicely done. Have a happy New Year.

Saturday. Mid 50s. It's always nice here right before we get a blaster. (We are in blizzard conditions right now) Spearfish Canyon has a small range complex that I've used for 20 years. I had the place all to myself that morning.

1703601033513.png

1703601109560.png

My initial zeroing procedure for an optic is about as lame as it gets, but it seems to work. I hang one of these 100 yard smallbore targets up and look down the bore and align the rifle on the bag until I can see the target through the hole. Without disturbing anything, I then look through the glass, note the position of the reticle, and throw a correction at it so that (hopefully) the first round splashes on paper somewhere. I was a foot low and 4-5 minutes to the right on the first round.
My booger hook is pointing at #2, 3, and 4 after making a correction. The gaggle above it was 3 more after cleaning it and throwing a minute on the knob.

1703601218763.png

Cleaned it again, took the minute out of it, and send 10x more down it. (gaggle in the orange)

1703601365573.png

With a fouled hole, I let it eat. Ten more for record this time. As the /\ photo shows, a nickel captures the plot along with almost all of the little tears that these cheap targets (junk paper) leaves. I used to have a stash of 10m air rifle targets (Edelmann) that I'd use for this stuff as the paper used by those make holes much cleaner. -Almost like a hole punch.

It's a keeper. The plot below is 10 for record. After this, I shot a few more to confirm the 100yard baseline, adjusted the knobs back to zero, and called it a day. Kahles glass sure does make this stuff easy.

It's nice when stuff just works. This was off the shelf Hornady 140ELDX ammo I bought at a Scheels.

1703601401216.png

Dang.
Pretty much Like my sample of 3 LRI barreled actions though.

Booger hook. Awesome term.
I even use it when teaching stuff to nurses and paramedics. 🤣

My 11, almost 12 yr old daughter nearly falls over laughing when Im going over rules and say “keep yer booger hook off the bang switch”.

Reactions: Modoc
Saturday. Mid 50s. It's always nice here right before we get a blaster. (We are in blizzard conditions right now) Spearfish Canyon has a small range complex that I've used for 20 years. I had the place all to myself that morning.

View attachment 8305940
View attachment 8305941

My initial zeroing procedure for an optic is about as lame as it gets, but it seems to work. I hang one of these 100 yard smallbore targets up and look down the bore and align the rifle on the bag until I can see the target through the hole. Without disturbing anything, I then look through the glass, note the position of the reticle, and throw a correction at it so that (hopefully) the first round splashes on paper somewhere. I was a foot low and 4-5 minutes to the right on the first round.
My booger hook is pointing at #2, 3, and 4 after making a correction. The gaggle above it was 3 more after cleaning it and throwing a minute on the knob.

View attachment 8305942

Cleaned it again, took the minute out of it, and send 10x more down it. (gaggle in the orange)

View attachment 8305943

With a fouled hole, I let it eat. Ten more for record this time. As the /\ photo shows, a nickel captures the plot along with almost all of the little tears that these cheap targets (junk paper) leaves. I used to have a stash of 10m air rifle targets (Edelmann) that I'd use for this stuff as the paper used by those make holes much cleaner. -Almost like a hole punch.

It's a keeper. The plot below is 10 for record. After this, I shot a few more to confirm the 100yard baseline, adjusted the knobs back to zero, and called it a day. Kahles glass sure does make this stuff easy.

It's nice when stuff just works. This was off the shelf Hornady 140ELDX ammo I bought at a Scheels.

View attachment 8305944
@LRI , that is some awesome work! What a cherished gift for a special person!

You have now given me some new places to visit when I come out to see the in-laws there in Spearfish. 😁 I just wish LRI had been available when my 700 Classic went south on me 20ish years ago during a visit.