• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lawton Machine will NOT return MY money...HELP!!!

Re: Lawton Machine will NOT return MY money...HELP!!!

"Someone mentioned in an earlier post that the company "almost went under." If they did indeed file bankruptcy, it will be nigh near impossible to get $$$ out of 'em.

Nashlaw you are correct. Once they file, individuals with deposits go into the same pile with other creditors. With a small company like this.....very little is left to return to the creditors. The really ugly side is the filing company knows they are going to take a chapter yet continues to take deposits from innocent people. However, it is a round world and it is a long road that never turns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokerjumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jackson Rose has been advertising on LONG RANGE HUNTING trying to sell some receivers in JULY 2011. At the same time they are really late, late,late on my 8500 ss rifle and do not return phone calls or emails...I have sent the registered letter, they have not bothered to sign for it.. Their MONTANA STREET address is no longer occupied per the Chamber of Commerce...I wonder if the Montana AG knows fraud when he sees it ? </div></div>

I don't know why Jackson is advertising. He has been gone from the company for months. As for the company itself. I was told a while back that the company was being bought out, being relocated, and renamed. But all that is what I hear through the grapevine.

Lawton in biz or out of biz or what? Heard in another post that they were done for, so whats what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GPRIPPERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lawton in biz or out of biz or what? Heard in another post that they were done for, so whats what? </div></div>

Dude do a simple google search.

Montana secretary of state lists Lawton Machine LLC as " inactive".

The Montana secretary of state e-mailed today that"inactive" means they did not file a 2011 Annual Report and were therefore involuntarily dissolved on 12-1-11.

They have screwed to many folks and walked away.
Was saving up my cash to buy one of their 8500's
Then had a buddy that ordered a barrel from them and after months of waiting no barrel! Damn shame as in my gunsmiths shop there are 4 Lawton actions, some built and one waiting parts.
If you take a mans money for a service you should do said service.If not you are a Scum Bag.