• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision LDI DBAL-D2 preview and order info

huntler

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mod Armory is pleased to announce the release of the new DBAL-D2 Class 1 visible/IR LASER target designator and IR illuminator manufactured by Laser Devices, Inc.

With visible target designators available in red or green, the DBAL-D2 is a significant advancement in LASER weapons targeting and illumination systems now available to the civilian, law-enforcement and military markets.

The civilian-legal IR illuminator on the DBAL-D2 substantially out-performs the IR illuminator on the military AN-PEQ-15/DBAL-A2, and both the visible and IR LASER designators of the DBAL-D2 meet the same output specifications as the PEQ-15 on low power setting.

The high-power settings on the PEQ-15 exceeds federal power output specifications for civilian markets, and it is not legally available to the general public.

The DBAL-D2 resolves this problem by eliminating the seldom-used high-power IR targeting function to produce the first direct civilian-legal competitor that meets or exceeds the specifications as a target designator and illuminator of the military PEQ-15.

Mod armory is one of the consortium of companies responsible for the design, development and marketing of the DBAL- D2.

More information on the DBAL-D2, including a YouTube video demonstrating the unit, pricing, specifications and options are available on the Mod Armory website.

Retail pre-orders may be submitted to Mod Armory at www.ModArmory.com <http://www.ModArmory.com> , or by e-mail to [email protected], by phone at 719-325-8070, or FAX at 719-325-8084.

Dealer inquiries are welcome.

Delivery is expected for the middle or end of March, 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oz2Zvojvt8

Re: LDI DBAL-D2 preview and order info

Huntler,

I will take one along with the other items you and I talked about. Will be back from my current location 2nd week of March,. I did mail my original DBAL back to Laser Devices for the up grade to the newest version. For those of you that own one I would strongly encourage you to call and talk to the ladies. If you bought one of the first ones out there is an upgrade available at no charge to you and it should improve the IR laser significantly.

Look forward to doing biz with you again Huntler.

And it is mighty nippy where I am.

I tried your YouTube link and it does not work.
frown.gif

Seems they are locked everywhere I looked. Guess it is just Karma.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OmegaMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried your YouTube link and it does not work.
frown.gif

</div></div>

Perhaps you should try it again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OmegaMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried your YouTube link and it does not work.
frown.gif

</div></div>

Meh,liked the old one better.This is just a video of an ad now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OmegaMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OmegaMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried your YouTube link and it does not work.
frown.gif

</div></div>

Meh,liked the old one better.This is just a video of an ad now.</div></div>

The other video was good and were working on an even better version that will be up in about a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogrider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huntler,

I will take one along with the other items you and I talked about. Will be back from my current location 2nd week of March,. I did mail my original DBAL back to Laser Devices for the up grade to the newest version. For those of you that own one I would strongly encourage you to call and talk to the ladies. If you bought one of the first ones out there is an upgrade available at no charge to you and it should improve the IR laser significantly.

Look forward to doing biz with you again Huntler.

And it is mighty nippy where I am. </div></div>

Got you marked down for one.

As Hogrider says if you bought one of the early version I^2 lasers LDI will up the power on it for you, which will greatly improve it.

We never sold any of the I^2 because we were working on the D2, but rather told our customers to have patients that what they really want is coming. Now here we are.

Did they solve the battery drain issues that were present on the I2? I hope it didn't carry over...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meh,liked the old one better.This is just a video of an ad now</div></div>.

I think it fucking dumb the video was pulled down. I don't care who posts the video, it gave the consumer a great review of how the unit performed compared to a 15. Most who buy these units want to know what there getting before they spend that much money on a unit.

All this internet junior high shit is getting old.

From what I heard, the information in the video was subject to embargo under NDA and most of the manufacturers respected that.

I would imagine that LDI probably asked everyone who broke the embargo to rectify the situation and take the reviews down.

Sure the video review was pretty good, but it was very disrespectful of the manufacturers. About the only foolish behaviour was from a number of people all breaking the non-disclosure agreement they had volunteered to abide by just to get one up on someone else.

I'm sure all the videos will be back post SHOT show.

David.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I heard, the information in the video was subject to embargo under NDA and most of the manufacturers respected that.

I would imagine that LDI probably asked everyone who broke the embargo to rectify the situation and take the reviews down.

Sure the video review was pretty good, but it was very disrespectful of the manufacturers. About the only foolish behaviour was from a number of people all breaking the non-disclosure agreement they had volunteered to abide by just to get one up on someone else.

David.</div></div>

That is the reason I was surprised to see the shot show preview posted up on several boards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they solve the battery drain issues that were present on the I2? I hope it didn't carry over... </div></div>

LDI claims that the problem with the I2 was rectified at the same time they did the power output revision. So far no issues but we will do further testing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I heard, the information in the video was subject to embargo under NDA and most of the manufacturers respected that.

David.</div></div>

That is the reason I was surprised to see the shot show preview posted up on several boards. </div></div>

Without knowing which previews you were referring to, I'm not really sure which ones to reference. However TNVC didn't break the embargo - there were no details released that were subject to NDA. It was really just an announcement that the units would be shown at the show AFAIK.

I guess that their posts are still up which gives pretty strong support to their position from LDI if you read it that way.

Regards
David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they solve the battery drain issues that were present on the I2? I hope it didn't carry over... </div></div>

LDI claims that the problem with the I2 was rectified at the same time they did the power output revision. So far no issues but we will do further testing. </div></div>

Their upgrade fixed mine.