• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Lead time on barrels

1 mile

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
Wapiti Wy
I was up at Douglas Barrel in WVA. today. I ordered a 375 cal barrel and the lead time was 3 weeks.
Just for your Info.
Give them a call.

I'll add:

Ordered a Bartlein in 6.5CM today...5-6 month lead time (and won't charge your card until it's shipping)

to add...check with Greg at bugholes.com. He carries about six brands of barrels, keeps a great inventory and is easy to deal with.
-Len

Bartlein, Brux and Kreiger are all 3mos plus, depending on the contour you want.

Douglas's air-gauged barrels are excellent. Kind of a sleeper company, but the benchresters know what's up.

I've done a LOT of business with Douglas Barrels over the years having grown in the Charleston area just a couple miles up the road from their shop. They run a tight ship and their barrels (and workmanship overall) are first-rate, as are all the people who work there. I send folks their way all the time even though I don't get in there much now that I'm a couple hours away.

If you are in need of a quality barrel from a fine outfit...they'll take good care of you!

Southern Precision Rifles got some Brux .224 barrels in this week.

I'll second that on Greg at Bugholes.com. I just got my 6.5 Mullerworks the other day.

Bugholes.com
Grizzly industrial
Brunos shooter supply
3rd generation shooter supply
Sinclair, International

Bartlein, kreiger, brux, rock creek, muller works. . .

Order Monday, get it by Thursday.

C.

Three weeks is not a long time for a custom barrel, i.e., 375 cal with the taper that you want, and the twist rate that you desire...... If a barrel is "in stock" no problem; however, if you are having a custom barrel done three weeks turnaround time is reasonable for most custom barrel manufacturers.....

Krieger 10 months
Brux 4 months
Rock 4-300 weeks
Mullerworks 4-6 weeks
Obermeyer 4-400 weeks
Bartlein 6 months
For those of you who are looking, I've been hammered with excessive orders which has left my shelves "empty" for almost 2 months. I've got hundreds of barrels coming in now, from all manufacturers. Sorry for this delay, and I appreciate all of your patience during these times but it takes 2-3 months to recover from unusual spikes is sales. Should have 200+ barrels coming in within a couple weeks. In addition there are lots of stillers inbound and our first batch of Defiance actions are in transit

Krieger 10 months
Brux 4 months
Rock 4-300 weeks
Mullerworks 4-6 weeks
Obermeyer 4-400 weeks
Bartlein 6 months
For those of you who are looking, I've been hammered with excessive orders which has left my shelves "empty" for almost 2 months. I've got hundreds of barrels coming in now, from all manufacturers. Sorry for this delay, and I appreciate all of your patience during these times but it takes 2-3 months to recover from unusual spikes is sales. Should have 200+ barrels coming in within a couple weeks. In addition there are lots of stillers inbound and our first batch of Defiance actions are in transit

200+ barrels is good news for us looking to outfit our next build!