Lead time on Knights SR25?

Clayman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2021
AZ
Looks like KAC accurately forecast something. Though you said 13 months, this post was 6 months ago. So, maybe it was closer to 15 months? Anyways, it's nice to know that they are still on some kind of schedule.

I had made a mistake, I had back ordered something different in January. I back ordered the kac February 17th. It was pretty much spot on 13 months.

Reactions: Praetorian_6

BigHat

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2012
Arlington, VA
Based on a podcast between Trey Knight and Kevin of Q, I think KAC is honoring orders, but hasn't taken any new orders in a while and won't be taking any more commercial orders for quite a while. They are slammed on military contracts and putting their focus on them.

Reactions: Bakwa

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Mar 22, 2017
FL
^^^^
This.
They're estimating as much as 18mo on civi orders right now and aren't taking anymore.

Praetorian_6

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
^^^^
This.
They're estimating as much as 18mo on civi orders right now and aren't taking anymore.
I'd love that to be true... Will report back when I get it in the next 10 days before I hit 19 😁

Praetorian_6

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
At not quite my 2-year anniversary, I got an email saying they're charging for inflation over the last 2-years. It seems they've taken so long that they can't make any money off of the original price they quoted. Sounds like it's gonna be a few hundred more. Cool. Can I have it, now? ... Um... So, can I like have it before you charge me more again in the future for inflation? .... *crickets*

Reactions: Bakwa and GUNNER10

msgriff

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2021
Rogue Valley OR
At not quite my 2-year anniversary, I got an email saying they're charging for inflation over the last 2-years. It seems they've taken so long that they can't make any money off of the original price they quoted. Sounds like it's gonna be a few hundred more. Cool. Can I have it, now? ... Um... So, can I like have it before you charge me more again in the future for inflation? .... *crickets*
It sounds like some sort of purity test.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va

This is disappointing.

I get that inflation is hitting us all and while I would not be happy about a price increase on an already premium priced piece of equipment I would probably accommodate that request. The thing that would bother me is the open ended, we have no clue when we can deliver a product that we already blew the lead time by almost two years at this point.

Last edited:

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    2 years, and you still have a need for said item?

Fuck pre-orders and back-orders. If you don’t have it in stock, I don’t need it. The industry operates in the manner it does only because the customers allow it. F’n battered wives club.

kthomas

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ

Fuck pre-orders and back-orders. If you don’t have it in stock, I don’t need it. The industry operates in the manner it does only because the customers allow it. F’n battered wives club.
    Pretty crazy how our industry operates at times.

Not only that, but in this specific case he (OP) entered an agreement to pay for a product at an agreed upon price. Product is not there 2 years later, and they changed the price and thus agreement on him even.

That's fucked.

Desert_Racer

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Dec 22, 2011
    USA
    I got the same email after a year and a half wait with no end in sight. Told them to get fucked and moved on. Same with LMT. Bought a DD5v3. Had enough left over to buy an ATACR and a Geissele trigger for it. Shoots perfectly suppressed and Unsuppressed. Accuracy is good, quality is good. Didn’t have to wait 2 years for it. Proof supports the platform if you want a different barrel.

AngryKoala

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 30, 2020
    I got the same email after a year and a half wait with no end in sight. Told them to get fucked and moved on. Same with LMT. Bought a DD5v3. Had enough left over to buy an ATACR and a Geissele trigger for it. Shoots perfectly suppressed and Unsuppressed. Accuracy is good, quality is good. Didn’t have to wait 2 years for it. Proof supports the platform if you want a different barrel.

I've been looking at this option after dumping an APC. Glad to know it's a viable choice.

Clayman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 29, 2021
    AZ

I prefer pre/back-orders for hard to find shit. Trying to buy a hard to buy product that "drops" at a random time with a 1000+ email wait list is very difficult to get. Then probably half of those people are scalpers looking to 2-5x their "investment".

2 years is excessive however.

hlee

Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    I prefer pre/back-orders for hard to find shit. Trying to buy a hard to buy product that "drops" at a random time with a 1000+ email wait list is very difficult to get. Then probably half of those people are scalpers looking to 2-5x their "investment".

2 years is excessive however.
    To each his own. I have better things to do with my time and money than waiting and wondering whether or not the order will be filled.

I ordered something with an estimated lead time of 5 weeks. After the third time the vendor missed the delivery date (15 weeks later) I told them to fuck off. I’ve lived this long without it. I obviously don’t need it. Honestly, when I called, I wanted him to say it was still delayed. I wanted to tell him to fuck off. Every day that the delay dragged on, it just pissed me off more and more.

Pre/backorders enable the shitty business practices. Like a meek woman that defends her abusive husband.

Clayman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 29, 2021
    AZ
    To each his own. I have better things to do with my time and money than waiting and wondering whether or not the order will be filled.

I ordered something with an estimated lead time of 5 weeks. After the third time the vendor missed the delivery date (15 weeks later) I told them to fuck off. I’ve lived this long without it. I obviously don’t need it. Honestly, when I called, I wanted him to say it was still delayed. I wanted to tell him to fuck off. Every day that the delay dragged on, it just pissed me off more and more.

Pre/backorders enable the shitty business practices. Like a meek woman that defends her abusive husband.

I don't "need" the overwhelming vast majority of the shit I have. I buy it because want/like it. Back/pre-orders allow me to get some of these products without paying scalpers 2-3x. There are multiple items I've wanted for a couple years and still don't have. They release batches that sell out sometimes in under 1 minute. If I was able to back order it from the moment I wanted it I would have those products right now.

I just back order and forget about it. Similar to buying silencers. I'm very much used to waiting 7-12+ months for those. It's not a big deal for me to wait on something I want, at least I'll get the product. You can always keep looking for it and cancel the backorder whenever. Something I've also done.

hlee

Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    I don't "need" the overwhelming vast majority of the shit I have. I buy it because want/like it. Back/pre-orders allow me to get some of these products without paying scalpers 2-3x. There are multiple items I've wanted for a couple years and still don't have. They release batches that sell out sometimes in under 1 minute. If I was able to back order it from the moment I wanted it I would have those products right now.

I just back order and forget about it. Similar to buying silencers. I'm very much used to waiting 7-12+ months for those. It's not a big deal for me to wait on something I want, at least I'll get the product. You can always keep looking for it and cancel the backorder whenever. Something I've also done.
    The heart wants what the heart wants...

Praetorian_6

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Oct 11, 2020
    Yeah, and to be fair, it sure looks like these are selling on gunbroker at extreme markups. I don't have any interest in flipping it. I genuinely want the rifle, but what people are asking makes it a no-brainer to stay on the list, even if I changed my mind.

Would I do it over again? Probably not. But at this point, let's just see where this goes...

TheOE800

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    USA
    Closer to a thousand on that model.

• Wow
    Reactions: Praetorian_6